main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do we still have administrators?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Padme Bra, Jul 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Thank you Chyren for being the voice of reason regarding my statements earlier.

Whoa, that was wierd...

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    New Admin selections should be kept totally to the Admins. Having these types of threads just cause problems, when "popular" selections miss out.

Lord Chewy, I know you'll do a great job, just remember to not retaliate. Keep your cool, and you'll be fine.

3. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    What would you do then, epic? Delete all topics where members voice their opinion on who should administrate them? Let's just take out the Communications forum altogether, then there won't be any conflict. The admins don't listen to the members anyway, what the hell.

Simply silencing people does not solve conflicts. Besides, there is no conflict anyway so don't worry about it.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Heh, well, like you said, Admins generally don't (or at least haven't) listen/ed to the selections users suggest, so I see no real reason to keep them, unless the Admins *do* take into consideration users suggestions.

And I wasn't referring to just you, either, or myself, seeing I was the popular pick for last week, or anyone else, just referring to the fact in general. :)

5. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    People need to express their opinions. If you try to supress them you are going to have a lot of very pissed off members and there would be no reason to come here at all. Members shouldn't be ignored, they should be listened to.

6. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    I don't see why how I react to things like this has anything to do with being a moderator. I would never and have never abused moderator priveledges. I separate member and moderator. If I want to get upset about things, I will. Chyren's always reserved that right. As long as I don't act upon it or use it in my moderator status, it should be perfectly acceptable.

As for my name, I did something to take my colors off so that I can look like a regular member. It makes me feel better when I post. I don't have to talk like a moderator when I'm just posting like a member and it doesn't differentiate me from any one else. I don't want people noticing my posts or adding me to their fave list, or pretending to be interested in my posts just because I have this priveledge.

7. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    ok, so here's the truth.. I promoted LC because she's a woman. Does that make things any better?
    Not because of her association with another admin, simply because she's a woman.
    There!

If you're going to accept one silly reason, why not this one?

As for listening to what members have to say, I can tell you that all admins/mods debated on the names that were mentionned, and for various reasons that we do not have to share, the current choices were made. I'm sorry if some ego were bruised, but it's not something we can heal with bacta...

darthcleo

8. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Well at least you admit it. :p

9. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    As far as I have seen, many admins listen very carefully to what members have to say. Of course they usually only pay attention to the ideas that come across as being well thought out.

As for LC becoming an admin just because she's PB's girlfriend, I know that's not true. In fact, to me, where LC says, "I've had PreacherBoy's password for a while now and I've been doing most of the work that's under his name. I know a whole lot more about moderating and about the boards than the average member." says a lot for why she's an admin now. Not just for what she's done with his password, but for what she hasn't done.

10. Li-Gon Jinn-and-Tonic

Li-Gon Jinn-and-Tonic Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2000
    "I've had PreacherBoy's password for a while now and I've been doing most of the work that's under his name."

If this is the case, why is PreacherBoy still an admin?

11. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
  12. I'm 12 years old

I'm 12 years old Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
  13. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    Why are two of the three posts you've made in your entire career here, in this thread? One expressing concern about a certain unstable ex-admin turned basher?

14. QueenSweetie

QueenSweetie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2000
    Sorry, but I'm not bored enough to read all these pages to find this answer.
    But what happened to Lil Wookie?

15. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    He left. I guess he didn't have time for the JC anymore.

16. I'm 12 years old

Mar 9, 2000
    He's too busy with his ho.

17. QueenSweetie

QueenSweetie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2000
    Thanks LC, I've been wondering that for awhile.

18. I'm 12 years old

Mar 9, 2000
    Actually I wonder about PB myself. Maybe his role should be scaled back to technical stuff only, like Darth Cleo? He's shown time and time again he does not have the maturity (or time, apparently) to deal with the other aspects of adminning.

19. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    You shouldn't be judging people with your record, Legal.

20. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    as PFFAM kindly pointed out, I don't do anything, so I think I'll retire and make it so *no one* knows who I am.

bye all.

21. I'm 12 years old

Mar 9, 2000
    Hathor don't do that! :(

Lord Chewy I'm just offering my opinion. As was pointed out earlier, ego is an integral part of this process, and if it weren't PB probably would have long since quit as an admin.

22. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    No, Preacherboy, I mean I'm 12 Years Old, ego does not have to factor into administrative decisions.

Why do these admins all have to be drama queens? If you really cared about this forum you'd just do your job. Yes most of you fall short. But you have the ability to change things. Use it.

23. Hathor

Hathor Moderator Emeritus star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 28, 1998
    Oh shut up Padme

24. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    You really need to grow up Padme Bra. Why don't you find another place to lick your wounds?

25. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    I don't know, I just assumed he was Preacherboy. Talks like him. I could be wrong.

Shut up? That's mature. Why? Because I think the admins should do their jobs instead of constantly whining? You guys have the power to make the forums better but instead you cry and threaten to leave all the time when things get bad. It just gets a little irksme after a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.