main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do we still have administrators?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Padme Bra, Jul 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm 12 years old

I'm 12 years old Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    Padme I don't think the Drama Queen thing is restricted to admins only. Everyone around here seems to get like that sometimes.

2. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    What exactly is *wrong* with the forums, Padme Bra?

And 'I am 12 years old' is IWMIL. You seem to be wrong about alot of things. Maybe you should think before you post.

3. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    I'd like to know why people hide behind aliases when they want to rock the boat. It seems to me that if you have something to say, then you should just say it. If you don't want people to know that you're saying it, then maybe it shouldn't be said. Remember what your mom always told you, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

4. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Well no, I was wrong about 'I'm 12 Years Old'. That's it. I still say he sounds like PB though.

What's wrong with the forums? Well, EP2&3 is a mess, flaming and profanity are rampant, redundant topics are in every forum, members are still having problems adjusting to the new board, and the administrators could care less about any of it. That's all.

5. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    Ha! He'll love to hear that. IWMIL hates PB. and vice versa. :)

You can say anything but that still doesn't mean that it's true Padme Bra. Give me examples.

I think the only way this can be fixed is by making the complainers, admins. Then we won't have to listen to this anymore.

6. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    I'm sure LEGAL would have no qualms speaking his mind as IWMIL if he could. He doesn't need an alias to hide his opinions.

"I think the admins should do their jobs instead of constantly whining."

The only one I see exercising that behavior here, PADME BRA, is you.

7. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    If you wanted to make an accusation like that, Padme Bra, you should have done your research. I even referred to him as "Legal" earlier here....

I think you should either back out of this argument before you really start walking the troll line or you should stop complaining and give constructive criticism, rather than pointing fingers at everyone. I don't think the stupid board is more important than people's feelings. I think people only start lashing out when they're feelings have been stepped on. People need to learn to be nice.

8. I'm 12 years old

Mar 9, 2000
    I think I shouldn't express my opinion anyways. I usually end up making a fool of myself.

9. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    Mr. K, if you were referring to me, I was talking about Li-Gon Jinn-and-Tonic. I have no idea who that might be, and I may be mistaken, but that looks like a scapegoat to me.

10. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    What did I say? Where was I whining? I merely suggested that the admins do their job. That's all I've ever said. I don't think that's unreasonable.

And apparently I was wrong about 'I'm 12 Years Old' being PB, I admit it.

11. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    Okeyday, Jay! :)

12. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    I think you're right, Jay. We get quite a few people trying to cause trouble by pretending to be ordinary members who have problems with the admin. What makes people so obsessive is beyond me.

13. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    "EP2&3 is a mess, flaming and profanity are rampant, redundant topics are in every forum, members are still having problems adjusting to the new board, and the administrators could care less about any of it."

...for starters, bud. That's a pretty presumptuous statement to make.

14. I'm 12 years old

Mar 9, 2000
    I think people like to find reason to complain even when nothing is wrong. Jc is run pretty smoothly, and I can't really think of any major problems beyond redundancy in ep2/3.

15. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    I've always figured that my opinion won't count for very much unless people know it's mine, and not just a random fart in the crowd.

16. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    It seems that there are a lot of tensions and strong emotions at play here. Also, a sense of a lot of buried hurt feelings from things that have happened in the past.

I'm not pointing this out to make anyone mad, I'm just concerned about everyone involved.

I hope you all are OK, and that these issues, given time and patience, can be worked out. I'd hate to see any one of you suffering from a long-term hurt or someone becoming really alienated.

Having said that, and realizing this is something I'm not really a part of, I send you all my best hopes.

17. I'm 12 years old

Mar 9, 2000
    I hope so too...

18. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    "I can't really think of any major problems beyond redundancy in ep2/3."

...and that situation is being given the highest priority. It is MUCH better than it was in the last couple of weeks.

GENTLEBANT, thanks for being the voice of reason. This is just a SW messageboard, foiks. Let's not loose sight of that.

19. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    Thanks everyone. I really think the input is helpful. We shouldn't argue anymore because I don't want any more hurt feelings and resentment here. Padme Bra and others like him who have good intentions for the boards offer alot of valuable insight. We all just seem to have problems sometimes when it comes to interacting. We need to be alot more accepting and rational and considerate. There are no 'bad guys' or 'good guys'. We're all just members. And we all have human faults and react in less than ideal ways. Unless everyone only has good things to say from now on, this argument is over.

20. Obi-Wan McCartney

Obi-Wan McCartney Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 1999
    That's pretty true. I don't know if I even like how this administration system is set up, but I think that it has been working pretty well, except for Chyren's lack of respect for his fellow posters. I mean, I see administrators block out stuff all the time, but never Chyren. I have seen Chyren blatently flame people, but nothing is done. Alas, the beaurocracy, their is no civility, only politics.

21. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    Oh. Very nicely said GentleBent. :)

22. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    CHY, any other ex-admin, member, etc., are not immune to administrative action, I know better...and so does he. :) Let's not take the discussion in that direction. I've had to ban & remove messages from too many friends this month to accept what Obi Wan McCartney is implying.

23. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    Good intentions and valuble insight is the very reason I think the Falcon should be returned. (Whoa, that really doesn't make much sense, maybe I should go to bed ;) )

24. Lord Chewy

May 14, 1999
    Have you been up late with your illegal dealings again, Jay? ;)

25. Mr. K

Oct 23, 1999
    What have you done to the FALCON, Jay???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.