main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do we still have administrators?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Padme Bra, Jul 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 1, 1998
    LC, shh!! Too many people already know about that! I mean if PB's parents know. . . . ;)

I haven't done anything with it, it's just not the same as it was. You know how moves always affect pets, especially birds.

2. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Did Chyren get banned?

3. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Nope. :p

4. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    No. I told you, I only poked him a few times with a cattle prod.

5. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i have a serious allegation to make! our beloved darthcleo has been uncovered as part of a covert plan by chickclick to absorb the JC into its cloying embrace! and i have proof!!

"ok, so here's the truth.. I promoted LC because she's a woman. Does that make things any better?
    Not because of her association with another admin, simply because she's a woman.
    There! "

when will the horror end?

6. Emuboy

Emuboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 7, 1999
    I still say we ought to try a system with way more admins.

Can't we try it for just a week? Asign five morepeople with admin abilities for ONE week only, just to test it out? If it didn't work out, then the current admins would have all the more evidence to support their feeling that we don't need more. If it did work out, a better sytem would be found. I've yet to hear an answer to why we can't try it out.

7. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    That wouldn't work, because every one of the new admins would be going crazy banning and patroling to justify their jobs, in hopes that they'd become a permanent fixture. It'd be like putting more politicians in DC. But then everyone would be like "TOO MANY ADMINS!! They're banning everyone, and deleting tons of threads!"

Or maybe not. I don't know. If it happens, though, I'll just post a thread saying all of that, just so I can be right. Heh.

Vertical

8. Emuboy

Nov 7, 1999
    That's exactly what I'm talking about. We don't KNOW it won't work, because it hasn't been tried. It would add a lot more cedibility to the admins if they were willing to try something new.

9. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    True.

Vertical

10. Emuboy

Nov 7, 1999
    And thank you to Lord Chewy and Mr. K for frequent replies in this thread. Your attention to our concerns does not go unnoticed, I assure you.

11. Norman

Norman Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 1999
    I think we've been approaching this problem all bass-ackwards. There really is a very easy solution that incorporates all plans proposed so far, just tilted on their heads a bit. Here you go:

Make everyone an admin. Power across the board. Checks and balances in all its glory. Then, every day, we have a vote. Everyone sends in the name of anyone who they think has abused their power as an admin (deleted a thread, etc.), and if someone gets enough votes, they lose their admin privileges, never to get them again.

Granted, this would make for a period of great instability, but I think it solves all of our problems. After the first few weeks, no troll would ever go unnoticed. No member would ever have cause to complain about the admins, because he would have had his shot and lost it. The admins would not be harassed nearly as much because everyone would know the kind of pressure inherent in the job. All proposals are enacted and everyone is happy, and we have no more conflict.

I expect this plan to be put into action shortly. You can thank me later.

12. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    No, that wouldn't work, 'cause I know a way to get some people's passwords by being an admin, and if anyone else figured it out while being an admin, all hell would break loose. And I don't want that . . . yet.

13. Emuboy

Nov 7, 1999
    Damn. Norman is preachin' 1984.

14. I'm 12 years old

I'm 12 years old Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 9, 2000
    Dizam, that's pretty l33t, Jay.

JAY OWNZ J00!

15. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    I hope you're kidding.That's communism! Get him!

16. Jay

Dec 1, 1998
    Umm, if I were a communist, I'd probably be condeming the fascist pigs that run this place. ;D

17. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
  18. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    //crickets

19. CloudClimber

CloudClimber Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 1999
    Emuboy is right. Let's get 3-5 new admins and test it out. Its the only way to measure effectiveness. Call them "Moderators" instead of "Admins". All of these Moderators would stick with a consistent name color so that we'd tell the difference. Say dark blue with a yellow background or something to that effect. The Moderators would know up front that their service is only for a specific amount of time unless made permanent by a group of real admins.

What do y'all think?

20. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    I'm sure that the current adminship would love that idea, as it would put them above not only the regular members but everyone who is ever made admin (or moderator--whatever) after them.

I'm not quite as sure of how the general populace who just wants to make the JC a better place would feel about the whole thing, but it's not like they have a voice anyway.

21. Lord Chewy

Lord Chewy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 1999
    Wow. I couldn't have said it better if I had tried, Padme Bra.

22. Padme Bra

Jul 2, 1999
    Thanks LC! :)

23. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Uh, LC, are you no longer an admin, or what? Why is your name not pretty colors anymore?

24. Vertical

Apr 6, 1999
    Weird. Now it's back in color.

Vertical

25. CloudClimber

CloudClimber Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 1999
    LC, do you see any merit in my last post?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.