main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Do we want canonical stories between I and II ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rax, May 16, 2015.

1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Even if we get stories set between Episode 1-2, or pre-TPM, it wont be like what they have done with the OT. The difference is there is only around 4 years, starting from ANH to ROTJ. The OT era is then pretty small. However we have gotten SO MANY stories for those years, similar to how The Clone Wars lasted only 3 years, but there has been plenty of material within them. It does not help that the majority of stories created for the OT take place between ANH-ESB.

However we have 10 years between Episode 1-2, and when it comes to before TPM, there are many more years (a story set with Master Dooku and young apprentice Qui-Gon-Jinn would take place more then 10 years before TPM).

So if we got stories in the new canon in those time periods, I don't think it would create the feeling that you have with all the stories that have been created set in between the OT Films.

2. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    That's only half true to be fair. Even when the PT was being released, we had the NJO coming out, and when TCW was first gearing up, we were also seeing a mixture of things like TOR, LOTF, Legacy, etc, so it's always been more diverse than I think is often appreciated...

Even KOTOR was released during the PT, and even with being one of the biggest blockbusters in the EU's entire history, it didn't harm the overriding focus on the PT-- heck, that's shown by the very fact that people rarely even remember the game is that old! (I even had to Google it myself a minute ago to make sure, as I don't associate it with the original Clone Wars multimedia project, even though I must have read/played both at the same time.)

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Besides which plentiful stories isn't a bad thing. To me the more the better because tastes vary. Not everyone reads everything with the label Star Wars on it.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    We are already getting a diversity of eras already from Disney. Already we have Rebels, Kanan comic series, and several recant books, that are presenting us the Dark Times Era. At the same time Disney is giving us some of the OT era to. And while they are doing these things they are going to give us post-ROTJ era with new comics and Episode 7. Not only that, we are still going to be getting more dark times on screen during the creation of the ST with Rebels being continued, and Rouge One coming out (set during the dark times, and im sure the Boba Fett spin off is set in this time period to).

So I don't see the problem with giving us more PT era material during the time in which the company is focused on the post-ROTJ Era.

As Zorrixor mentioned above, there was a time in which we were given material from many eras during the time in which the PT was made. And it seems we are getting this again, except to a lesser extent (not including the game ToR, no new material set in the far future or very far past).