main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Do we want to invest in iron-on logos for t-shirts?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jediscar, Oct 24, 2008.

?

Do we want to invest in iron-on logos for t-shirts?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

71.4%
  2. No

28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I've priced printable iron-on transfer paper at Walmart. Assuming we would go with a dark colored shirt, the paper comes in packs of 12 for $10. We should be able to use one sheet for the logo on the back (up to 8 1/2" in diameter) and a smaller version or something else small for the front. Everyone would be responsible for their own shirt and the application of their logo to the shirt. If James and Amanda will use there printer for everyone's logos, then perhaps we should alos reimburse them with an ink cartridge.

Please vote as to whether or not you support this idea and approve the use of club funds to purchase the transfer paper and ink cartridge. Thanks!

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    All right....

On the T-Shirt front. I would have to say first off I'd prefer to go with pro made shirts. The price listing I have from Shirt Masters (something like that) in Concord would put us all in a NEW professionally made shirt so we look like we know what we are doing. lol Would run around $10 to $12 per shirt with a min. order of 20 shirts.

That would included front and back printing, mult. colors. Stuff like that. I'm sure if we look around a little more we can find even a better deal on shirts from another place. Do not get me wrong. I'm not totally out on the Iron-on shirts idea. But I would like to see one done up first, before I make a finally call on them.

Who knows... they may come out GREAT! and I'm all for that. But I think by the time you buy a shirts. $5 to $8 for a plan T. in color. The iron on $1 or so a piece.... Than the ink needed to print the shirt. Whats that like $50 and cart. and you may get only 4/5 shirt, maybe 6 out of one cart. depending on the colors you use in the print. You may be looking at the same price range? I don't know.

Again.. I'd like to see one of the shirt done up both ways. Figure up the cost, and go from there. You know see what it looks like.

SeeYa,
    TK

3. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    The poll is to determine whether we spend group money on the iron-on idea. It was decided at the October meeting that all spending would be up to group vote. So if you vote no to this poll, then we won't even be able to buy the transfer material to try it out.

20 shirts at $12 each (if that's the mninimum order size) equals $240. That is 1/4 of our current funds. Silk screening is not that different from iron-on transfers.

4. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Just to clarify, we are voting about whether we should spend $10 of group money to explore iron-ons. It does not rule out professional shirts. But as per the October meeting, we decided that all spending depends on group votes.

I have made these before with other full-color pictures and they have lasted for years. Everyone would be responsible to purchase shirts with their own money. We would certainly be able to print several dozen with one ink cartridge. It is like printing a photo on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.

5. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    If it's just to explore the iron on idea, then I'm for it. I would like to see what the final product looks like before we do a vote between an iron on and a professionally made shirt though.

6. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Originally I was thinking pro would be better. I think maybe to see how it goes would be good. If they come out half good then well have sumthin to where till we can go with a pro screen printer. Id like to have everyone throw some ideas out there. Since I'm the resident graphic artist:-B I could tinker around with front and back design ideas. So I will vote yes on Question 1[face_flag]:D

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    That's fine.

I'm for the the $10 dollar test. Just do it. For the fact that we spend all this time voting on everything. We could have had one done? Right. I know I've not been around but ... like I said I'm back. You guy's have been voting on everything! There most be 4 polling up on the front page alone. I'll be more than glad to pay for the test shirts myself.

The only problem I have is all this voting. lol We seem to have to vote on EVERYTHING these days. Where is the FUN!! We spend more time voting and going back and forth on idea than we do... doing anything. I know I did not make the Oct. meeting. Again sorry for that. If I was there I would have given the $10 out of my pocket.

For something that small you'd figure maybe someone would just do it and see how it comes out and go from there. I think voting on $10 is silly. If you have done it before just show us one that you have made. That would be just fine.

Andy start working it. It should be just the new group logo on the back and the group name small print on the front left chest front side. If you can get this done for me that would be great. Please send me over your shirt work up. We'll go from there.

WAIT WAIT!! I have it. I just fixed the whole $10 thing. I have a pack on Iron on transfer in front of me RIGHT NOW!! That's right. I remember they were under my desk. I have a pack of 5. If you can get this to me say tomorrow Andy. I will have a shirt made by tomorrow night. Again I just need the basic logo. How's that. I'll post photo as soon as it made.

There NO more voting!! lol [face_dancing] The polls are closed.

The Emperor

8. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    Are we a group with an elected treasurer who has financial responsibilities (not to mention personal tax liability becuase our group account is held in my name with my SS #) or is all spending at the discretion of Rotag??

I'm close to sending the remainder of our balance to make-a-wish and ending all of this mess. I've made an effort to set things right and operate as an actual organization, but if it's not going to be that way, then I will relinquish my duties and my membership.

9. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    One more point, we earned this money as a group, so I feel we decide how to spend it as a group. Whether we pay to have a table at SMF, pay for the hotel at SMF, admission at SMF, etc, etc, etc, that you suggest you will do without consulting anyone else in the PM you sent me is way out of line. We conluded several months ago at a meeting that the money should be spent on items that benefit everyone in the group (tsirts, logos, banners, fliers, etc) -- this does not include personal lodging and individual admission for members who choose to attend an event.

10. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    one more note about polls...aside from teh result of votes in the minutes of the October meeting, i only see 2 active polls on the boards...t-shirts, SMF attendance.

11. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    I just made a t-shirt myself and it came out very nice. I think that the higher resolution picture that we use as an image file, the better the result would be. I took a picture but I can't figure out how to post that picture on this board entry. Can anyone help?
    I do think that all expenditures should be up for a vote, no matter who holds the funds. At the meeting I thought that we voted not to use funds at SMF because it is not a place where we could solicit new members and that not everyone could go. I vote that we explore how to become an official non-profit so that no one person is liable for the funds and any taxes on keeping those funds. I think that this would make us more official. It would also encourage more sponsors since they could write off donations of money, goods, and services.
    We could also sell advertising space on our t-shirts (in the same way that fund raising foot races do) by listing sponsors on the backs of our t-shirts in exchange for donations. This would offset the cost of the t-shirts and perhaps allow us to afford nicer shirts. We could then turn around and sell the shirts at conventions and comic book shows to raise money for our causes.
    I think that if some semblance of order is not restored in our group, then we should discuss donating all the money to Make-A-Wish and then disbanding.

12. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I've had the same thoughts of filing to become an official non-profit. I think is should seriously be considered when we have a face-to-face meeting ASAP.

13. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Here is the sample that James made at home. What does everyone think?

[image=http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj103/nhmandalorians/t-shirtsample.jpg]

14. jediscar

Apr 22, 2007
    I saw it in person and think that we can do better with the iron-on if we can get a higher resolution file of the logo. Perhaps Andy and email one to me or to James and we can try another?

15. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    I designed a t shirt and sent the images as well as a t shirt template of how it should look to tk id like to see how that looks.

16. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I have the T-shirt iron on finished. Thank you Andy for getting me the pictures. I believe they came out awesome as all ways.

It is printed and will be on the shirt this evening. I will have it for Steve & James to see on Saturday night. I have made a couple differant pressing... so to say. Just to see what everyone thinks.

I'll try to get up pictures this weekend for the rest of you all to see.

SeeYa,
    TK

17. flightmech73

Aug 5, 2007
    sweet I cant wait to see how it looks.[face_dancing] I have thoughts on how to change it for black shirts and so on. Ill set it up if and when its necessary.

18. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks Andy!!

You cna see if you can find a way for me to open it larger. The box you have the picture in that is. When I place it in and open it up a I can only open it so far due to running to the edge of the page. It will only let me pull so much.

Anything you can do bout that would be great. I'll have to give you a call. Thanks again.

SeeYa,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.