main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do what you can

Discussion in 'Archive: Ann Arbor, MI' started by Jedimarine, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I'm sure by now everyone is acting or waiting after the events of Katrina.

But if you are for any reason hesitant, please don't be...this is becoming an epidemic of misery fast.

Contact the Red Cross or Salvation Army or any of a score of organizations in AA. Churches, Synagogues, Mosques and temples are all open to donations from anyone.

Despite sticker shock at the gas pump...we are very blessed in our community...we need to share that with those people down there now.

thank you.

2. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Personal experience goes a long way sometimes.I like to donate to the Red Cross when I can.They were very helpful to my family at a time when that was needed.

The day that Katrina hit,I had a major headache the entire day.Without getting into the politics behind some of the issues,I hope that these people are getting the help that they need,that's the most important thing right now.

You're right,jedimarine.Soaring gas prices are an inconvenience for us all,but a minor one by way of comparison.You try to adjust your driving and spending accordingly and deal with it.I have noticed quite a substantial drop in the price of gas over the last couple of days,though.Personally,I think it's the gas panic that really causes the shortage.

3. YodasBrownEyedGirl

YodasBrownEyedGirl Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    God Bless all the families in those devastated areas. It's nice to see that the Star Wars fandom are doing what they can to help others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.