main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX do y'all ever get together?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jedirita, Aug 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedirita

jedirita Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    I am relatively new in town and want to know when and if y'all ever get together. I gotta talk Star Wars with people, especially now that we are in the final nine months. So what is going on, and when and where?

2. Tycho_Celchu-Col

Tycho_Celchu-Col Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2001
    Greetings,

Welcome to Fan Force San Antonio! We do get together from time to time in person. You are welcome to email me directly at coltychocelchu@aol.com for more information. How about introducing yourself to the group and let us know what you're all about. We have some great projects inthe works that I'm sure you will love.

MTFBWY

3. jedirita

jedirita Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Okay, I'll introduce myself: a fan since '77, member of the Century Club (I claim to have seen the original at least 100 times); during the 16-year drought I *always* had faith that Master George would make the first trilogy; I have written some fan fic, I am working on a Darth Maul quilt (you have to see it for yourself, I know it sounds dumb); last fall I traveled around the Mediterranean for three months and visited Plaza de Espana in Seville, apparently on the day they were filming, but I didn't know it at the time; saw the Theed Palace (I mean Caserta) in Italy, and of course went to Tunisia where I stayed at the Lars homestead, visited the slave quarters (and got a piece of real Star Wars set which I will bring if the SA fans ever meet), and visited Mos Espa. I am originally from Houston and moved to SA in January. Nothing irritates me more than people claiming that Star Wars is a guy thing. There are plenty of us girl fans out there! Waiting for Ep2 to open is a true exercise in Jedi patience, so I hope the SA fans get together sometime so I can have live people to talk to about it. And for the record: as a wholehearted supporter of Master George's vision, I completely endorse the title "Attack of the Clones," and I think most of the people griping about it sound a lot more like Sith Lords than Jedi Knights. If you would approach it with an open mind, you'd get over it. What matters more: that Ewan McGregor didn't like the title, or that he said the script was much better than Ep 1?

4. specialagentcooper

specialagentcooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2001
    i know. nothing infuriates me more than "it's a guy thing" i mean, how sexist can you be?

5. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Welcome Jedi Rita !! - We did have a gettogether when we went and saw the sneak preview for Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - If you'd like, email me sometime and I'll give ya some info about FanForce and some other SW related things here in SA :)

Take Care and MTFBWY

John
    ObiJuan70@aol.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.