main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Do you believe in ghost/have had a paranormal experience?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Allana_Rey, Feb 4, 2013.

?

Do you believe in ghost/have had a paranormal experience?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    69.1%
  3. Undecided

4 vote(s)
    7.3%
  1. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    What dimensions, pray tell, are you talking about here?

2. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    and now its 2013 and scientists have been studying this for 3 more years..

many areas of physics were titled "fringe" at some points in time and now are wildly accepted.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    3D, like the movies. :p

As for the topic, I dont have enough evidence to say ghosts are real.

4. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    its convenient I watched the Science channel and not the history channel on this..

I just don't understand what youre disagreeing with me on here. Are you saying tht everything in the universe isn't made up of energy and that energy is converted to other sources of energy, and all information is stored as data.

Leonard Suskind will disagree with you wildly.

5. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    yes but that's at the end of all things I would assume.

for years people believed that when a black hole sucks in matter and energy that matter and energy is therefore erased. Im almost certain that is not the case anymore.

6. Yodahasgreenfeet

Yodahasgreenfeet Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2012
    If you want to make some one like this think.... "The measurement problem" . The "observer's influence".

Actually many physicists holding PHDS study the paranormal. They hold noble prizes, they aren't retarded. They hold nobel prizes...

Brian Winters

doctor alan wolf

Dean Radin

Nassim haramein

Scared Geometry, dimensions. Geometry a basic mathematically language. Lando, study sacred geometry you'll like it.

7. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I'm saying that no one has presented any peer reviewed evidence that there is any energy leaving the brain when one dies that eventually gets stored somewhere.
    This is terrible reasoning for supporting fringe science. Not that there is any good reasoning to be doing that.

8. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    quantum mechanics was fringe science

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  9. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Yeah, but we don't support it because it used to be fringe science. We accept it because there's a preponderance of evidence. Alchemy is a fringe science, so are you busy working on figuring out what to pour on lead to make it gold?

MrZAP and Lord Vivec like this.
  10. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    Google Quantum Brain Theory.

this is now being widely studied by practitioners of quantum mechanics and neurobiologists

if reality is conceived by the brain and the brain clearly shows that energy is expelled by the firing of synapses and neurons, some are now studying if brain waves can travel like sub atomic particles.

11. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012

a lot of things start as fringe science and if it wasn't for strong willed peoples we'd still believe the earth was flat...

think outside the box once in your life.

12. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    Keyword: Was. It's up to proponents of hypotheses to present compelling empirical evidence. In the case of quantum mechanics, the proponents did. That doesn't mean that everyone who didn't accept it before that was wrong for not accepting it.

13. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    I'm... not seeing experimental evidence. My google search brought me here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind
    I see a lot of 'hypothesis' and 'suggest' and very little in the way of experiments. Or well, I'm seeing no experiments on my quick glance over it.

14. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    youre really not getting this simple concept are you???

all science outside the box is fringe science, it has to start at that level before it gets to hard science. but should we stop trying to study everything outside the known box.

like I said we'd still think the earth was flat

research David Bohm, if you want a source for this. this isn't some guy who lives in a lab in a hidden castle either.

Yodahasgreenfeet likes this.
  15. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    A lot of things that are fringe science stay forever on the fringe.

16. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Out of curiosity, when do you think that whole... 'flat earth' thing changed? And why?

And you have no idea how far out of the box I am, but that's with evidence involved to pursue it.

17. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    It is up to you to provide the source.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    WE LOSE 21 GRAMS THE MOMENT WE DIE CAUSE THAT'S HOW MUCH OUR SOULS WEIGH

19. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    LandoPerson: You have this misplaced rebel complex against some fictional oppressive scientific regime that supposedly holds people back. It shows you really just don't get science. If you have a hypothesis you need to present compelling experimental evidence for peer review. It's not about being "outside the box. It's about these people not having a lick of evidence.

20. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    no it isn't.

stop being lazy and do some research without having your hand held and being spoon fed everything..

simply google it and, WAM information at you finger tips.

21. Lowbacca_1977

Jun 28, 2006
    Get your SI units out of here. The Internet is in America, Guy. Imperial or else.

22. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Wasn't that the plot of some Dan Brown book? The Lost Plot Device, or something like that?

23. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

Dec 30, 2012
    like I said there is evidence and correlation between neurobiology and quantum mechanics.. its being more widely studied now.

maybe in another few years youll feel more comfortable with it...

and ill list fringe science ideas, string theory, multi universe theory, M-theory, parallel worlds... all studied by some of the very best in physicists but also considered fringe science at some point.

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    You are not describing QBT, you are describing Quantum mind theory, it has been debunked.

Notice I am not saying simply "Not a lot of evidence." I'm saying it doesn't work.
    It wasn't, actually. QM was first proposed to provide an explanation for black body radiation, an observable phenomenon requiring an explanation. Quantum mind theory was proposed by two jackanapes with the sort of misunderstanding of Gödel that prompts lots of laughter in serious logic departments and was so badly constructed that it was shown to be mathematically incompatible with how the brain had to work to simply function.

25. Point Given

Dec 12, 2006
    If David Bohm is so important then I'm sure you can provide his arguments in favor of the quantum mind. But that's the thing. You've claimed he's an important source, so prove it, in your own words. You're the one being lazy. Stop being lazy and expect us to your work for you.