Discussion in 'Community' started by Allana_Rey, Feb 4, 2013.
Part of the Axiom of Evil.
They're perfectly fine when they're not being used for trivial results from older courses.
... Oh, and when they're not the axiom of choice. MYCIELSKI-STEINHAUS DETERMINACY 4 LYF, YO. Word.
I know, that's the reason I can't have the username I want
And so THAT is what you settled for?
It's like he's punishing the rest of us with the worst username ever just because he couldn't get what he wanted.
I'm thinking of getting it changed again, but I have to wait a year
I walked by a hand dryer in the bathroom at Target the other day and it went off without me doing anything. Ghosts.
Ghosts? lol I don't believe in ghosts.
But I do believe in this.
Honestly I thought more people would have been undecided or believe in spirits. This is a tough crowd for those who have accepted spirits into their lives.
How to people feel about the basic incompatibility of ghosts and the major world religions? I don't see christianity leaving any room open for the possibility of ghosts. Are there atheists out there who nevertheless believe in a Sartre-esque Les Jeux Sont Faits afterlife?
If you're a supernaturalist, it seems to me you can't believe in both a Judeo-Christian supernatural universe and a restless spirit supernatural universe. They're mutually exclusive.
Until there is 100% actual proof otherwise I believe in Ghosts
Do you hold that same belief with everything, or is it exclusive to ghosts? I mean, will you believe that leprechauns, bigfoot, vampires, and Jesus exist until it is proven otherwise?
Where's the proof they don't exist? And why shouldn't I believe in them? I do think leprechauns, bigfoot, vampires do exist as well. Jesus on the other hand I'm not sure about. I'm not super religious.
I'm not arguing that ghosts do or don't exist. I was just wondering if you hold the same belief in everything that hasn't been proven to exist.
1) You understand, scientifically, there is no such thing as 100% proof, right?
2) You have demanded that people prove a negative, which isn't proper.
3) Your choice to cling to the belief in the supernatural with the previous two points as the condition of disbelief is both sad and hilarious.
Of course, theories. Just because nothing's been confirmed yet doesn't mean it can't be proven false later on. Science isn't my thing.
Okay maybe I shouldn't have demanded but I am curious on what other people think.
I'm sorry if I came off harshly.
It is not that you came off harshly. The problem here is that the concept of ghosts is unfalsifiable. Yet you claim that you will choose to believe in an unfalsifiable concept unless it is falsified. You see how that's a problem?
There are a couple of important points to remember.
1. Christians who believe in ghosts other than Jesus make Jesus cry and are going to hell.
2. Not really, because Christianity isn't real either.
3. There has never been any evidence of anything miraculous or supernatural happening ever in the history of ever. You don't have any proof that ghosts exist and neither does anyone else. If there's anything the ghost hunter tv shows proved beyond a reasonable doubt it's that there's no such thing as ghosts. Thanks ghost hunter shows!
Theories, just like evolution.
The only paranormal experience I've had is posting on the JCC.
Yeah I do. That's science for you I guess. I understand the principle I guess but I guess I deal with absolutes
There's no excuse for ghosts to have the same reluctance to provide evidence of their existence as ghost Jesus. Ghosts don't need to withhold evidence to test our faith. Yet they've provided exactly as little evidence of their existence as God herself.