main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq do you believe in soul mates?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Aug 12, 2005.

?

do you believe in soul mates?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2005.
  1. yes

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. not sure yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
  2. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    I don't personally believe in "soul mates", but I do think that obviously, some people are more compatible with each other than others! Many studies have shown that opposites do attract, but don't last as often as relationships where two people have similar backgrounds, religious beliefs, financial habits, goals, etc.

3. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    :D I voted yes!

4. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    definately no

5. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Definitely yes. Married her too!

6. cyndilt76

cyndilt76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    there may be people that understand your soul -

but knowing my soul it may not be entirely safe to mate with them!
    :)

7. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Yes, Married to her for 16 year's almost lost her 5 year's ago. We can be driving some where and we both be thinking the same thing, one will say something and the other I was just thinking that. We will finish each others sentences. We could just sit there holding hands and share a quiet moment and be at peace. It is like when we are away from each other there is a part of us missing we complete each other. I love her very very much she is my world.@};-[face_love]:*:*:*:*[face_love][face_love]

8. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    Joseph,
    I think someone logged in under your name!!!
    :D

9. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I love guns and violence and confrontions a real warrior Alpha male. but I have a soft side to me very sensitive, I can be a big softy:cool:

10. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
    Right on brother!!!

11. DARTHLYNN

DARTHLYNN Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    I do, I've been with Joseph over 21 years, and we were both completely
    different when we met, but, over the years we belong together, we still have
    different interests but, that what keeps us together,
    I wouldn't let nothing get in the way of what we have..... He's my world and
    my only true love, if he wasn't with me I would be dead, he saved my life,
    5 years ago on the 14th of this month... I'm thankful for having him in my life,
    he is a wonderful man... and I Love him always and forever...[face_love]:*[:D]
    :*

12. hairlesswookie

Oct 23, 2001
    Wow, that's awesome.
    I'm fairly new to the group and I had never heard about this.
    I'd like to hear more about this sometime if you wouldn't mind sharing?

13. JediMexx

JediMexx Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2004
    Hell yes!!!! My wife made me into a husband...a father....and finally completed me to be the man I am today. Without her I have nothing ... with her I have everything! She has never gave up on me even when i gave up on myself ... I owe everything I am to her! She is what drives me to wake up every morning to go out into the world and kick some A$$ and take names. God I love that woman!!!!!!!

14. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Joseph and Anita should tell you their near-death story. We'll let them when they get back from Vegas. It is nothing less than a total medical miracle!

Do I believe in soul mates? Yeah... I kinda do. I think there are many people we could marry and be happy with for the rest of our lives. But the theory of soul mates goes back as far as history can record. People of all times and cultures have believed that there is someone who completes them in a way no other ever could. I think Joseph and Anita exemplify that. Jess and Yvonne. Though we've lost track of it recently, I think I found my soul mate years ago and married her. The whole thing... complimentary weaknesses and strengths, thinking the same thoughts simultaneously... all of it. This is one of those non-provable, "by faith alone" kind of things. Like the existence of God. Something's there, but nobody can catch it in a bottle or reduce it to a repeatable experiment.

Me, I'm a man of faith in many things quite unscientific.

15. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i would love to hear their story... heck, true love stories are better then anything you can read in a trashy romance novel (which I read way too many of) but the ones that happen in real life, everyday, fascinate me. Guess I was lucky to have a love/knowledge at first sight couple to look up to (*my parents)

16. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Once you've had your heart broken by your first love, Its kind of hard to believe in soul mates. Im feeling depressed now...

17. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i'm sorry, bobasparxx... i understand the feeling of loss. i want to be calluos and say that i don't believe in love because of the pain that has happened to me in my past. Its stories like Jess and Yvonnes' that give me hope that one day I will finally meet that person. I can only hope... i always thought i would be married with 2 kids by now

18. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I definitely believe. Too many things just fell into place for my wife and I to meet by chance. I feel like we were meant to be together. She is everything to me, and I couldn't live without her keeping me grounded. She's a saint for putting up with me on a daily basis.

19. Ulic-Qel-Droma75

Ulic-Qel-Droma75 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2005

I agree![face_plain]

20. GarraKun

GarraKun Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    But what if you don't have a soul?.. [face_worried]

21. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Then you would need a soul-lessmate.

:D

22. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    A negative plus a negative equals a positive.

23. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    No, a negative TIMES a negative equals a positive! You gotta do a lot more than add onto each other. That would be misery. You gotta bounce off of each other. If that makes any sense.

24. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    actually wouldn't you need a positive to make a full magnet - have both sides of the product

25. PurpleMountain88

PurpleMountain88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    I believe in Soul Mates!![face_love] I think that when you find that special person you just know.....it doesn't matter how long you've known them and it doesn't matter if other people approve or not, all that matters is that you are meant to be together. Love comes in many different forms, but when two people are in love that's all that matter. It may sounds childish and maybe life isn't as straight forward as that but i know that everyone has a Soul mate, sometimes it just takes longer to find each other.

Look at my mom and jess.....i mean they both had to go through the worst to get to each other. they are just meant to be together and i think they would have found each other either way but, at least this way they both ended up with wonderful children:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.