Abq do you believe in soul mates?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Aug 12, 2005.

?

do you believe in soul mates?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2005.
yes 17 vote(s) 65.4%
no 9 vote(s) 34.6%
not sure yet 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    so I'm not the only one?

left toas? maybe it was a really loud chanter
  2. PurpleMountain88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I completely agree with what you said. most of my friends are constantly worried about finding someone because they don't want to be alone, and end up settling with a crapy person. you need to learn to be on your own and have your own life before you can fully allow someone else to enter into your life. that way each person has seperate things to bring into the relationship. I also believe that opposites atract, because it allows each person to really explore their personalities.

Ole propgeek is very wise:D
  3. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    So are you Ash! I wish I had more of a understanding on life at your age! You are wise far beyond your years!
  4. PurpleMountain88 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks jess....you are the best:D :* I wish everyone thought i was that smart about things. i've also grown up a lot this past year
  5. StarLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wish I could add some beautiful, smart, hopeful reply, but I cannot. This thread is depressing me. There's nothing left for me...oh well...

I can be happy for those of you that found it! Congratulations!!!
  6. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    how old are you SL? I've seen you - if for a brief second - and you have nothing to worry about. Worry less about finding someone else and just make yourself happy.

Guys aren't everything - they like to think they are (some of them) but in truth they aren't. Most men wouldn't be where they are without a strong woman next to them... and most women wouldn't be there without a good man, as well - I'm not gonna go all feminist on you. But society has put a stigma on being single and there is nothing, nothing wrong with being single.

I am probably the most single person on the boards, I don't like it all the time. I do want to find love but until then I will go to greek resturaunts with my friends, kill some trolls with my big ole axe, fight sith lords with my lightsaber, force choke some good guys, read a good book, write a book/poetry, create my website, annoy the heck out of the rest of Mos Alba (I am good at that), figure out how to get a good work out while playing games, go hiking, travel the world and just be me. I like me. I love me - at times, i am very difficult to deal with but I am a goddess!! (of choas and disorder, but a goddess none the less) and no one can take that away from me and if they try they are gonna get a vader thrown at their head and not just by me but by friends of mine who have better aim.\. hehehe...

and by the way, you are a goddess as well! You are going to make someone very, very happy... you are a beautiful person - inside and out. And just think to yourself. Hey, its their loss if they are too weak and unconfidant to come up to you and ask you out. If they are then they aren't worth it. The right ones will come to you and have the strength to stand by yourside...

there is hope from everyone...

signed,
    Sister Varza Agnes
  7. StarLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sister Varza, thanks for your sweet reply!

I'll be 27 in November. Whoopie!! :rolleyes:

That's good that being single is ok, cuz I'm gonna be single for the rest of my life!!!!!! [face_frustrated]

Men are put on this planet to use me, abuse me, and cause me heartbreak and misery. For some reason, I don't seem to matter. And especially not my mind or my heart. OH well.

This is my fate. I must accept it. It's hard, but I am.

So, I continue to hang out with my friends, battle relentless loneliness, take singing lessons, write songs/poetry and try to keep my head up.

Thanks Sister!!
  8. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    You are killing me Sunny D! There is nothing wrong with you....Varza has brought up some great points...you are only 27....live life and have fun! There is plenty of time to be committed! Commit yourself to fun.....be the Starleia you are! Get out of the house and run down the street in the rain (naked). You sell yourself short all of the time.....you are a prize to be captured....the hunt is on....all of you singles guys...this is your que....[face_dancing]
  9. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    meh, I'll be 30 in October and I am going to Vegas baby! Heck yeah! Gonna party hard and give out fake names to people who will have no intrest in me one way or another. Wanna come? I think we still have room in the hotel.

then you have been with the wrong guys. No more dating for you until Gecko and all the other guys can put him to the test. We can make up a quiz and a obstical course. And then the council of the sisters will question him. Only then if he is found worthy will he be allowed to take you out. No more bad guys... need to weed them out, only those worthy of being with you are allowed to pass...

And we all have guys like that in our past. Heck, I know I do - and my longest relationship was 3 months.

remember life is full of tests - we will be rewarded for our journey always. Its been said many, many times before but you have some great examples in the group of those who have been alone.

and your welcome...

Sister Varza (I am a Jedi Nun)

p.s. every morning when you get up look in the mirror and say "I am a goddess and I love myself" - it helps em thru some tough days
  10. StarLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    Love is a wonderful thought and beautiful fantasy, for me...

Don't worry about me, my mind is diseased and I can't stand to be around myself most of the time. Meds don't help either.

Everytime I come on here, I emotionally throw up everywhere. It's best if I just stay away.

I'm sorry. Please forgive me. And keep pretending that I'm happy, full of hope and love myself.

You guys are great, really!!!!

Vegas sounds fun!
  11. Starkiller454 Force Ghost

star 1
    voted yes...and i also agree that love is wonderful!!
  12. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    cool, I'm not the only one on that either... you seem like an awesome person to me SL... all us of some sort of issue. I am way too moody and can't seem to smile much anymore (maybe its all the killing I am enjoying in my games)
  13. StarLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    maybe I should get some games where I get to kill!!!
  14. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    do you have a console system?
  15. StarLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    No, I can hardly afford anything. Ah, the benefits of being single.
  16. Gecko_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Sunny D....come over and I will set you up on my X-Box.....There are times when picking off terrorist's with a sniper rifle make the day just shine!!!
  17. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    and I will loan you bloodrayne 2 - electric bloody boogalo. Great, great game! I can drop it off at Geckos if you want.

she is a great rolemodel for single women. more info... she was the #2 video vixen on g4techtv, she deserved 1st place but some bubbley bouncy blond got it (as usual)
  18. Lord_Melkor Jedi Knight

star 3
    hey, i have operation desert storm if ya want to shoot some iraqi's.
  19. propgeek1701 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Starleia... "young lady"... when have propgeek or Gecko_Fett ever used or abused you, huh? Huh? Let's not get all down on men, ok? There are great guys out there in the world. There is definitely someone for everyone. (And Tommy's love was Becky... sorry!). But there really is. Everybody, Varza! But listen to Varza you must! Wise she is. Concentrate on finding out who YOU are and be good to that wonderful person. Let me tell ya a little secret. Guys are totally attracted to women who are simply... comfortable... with themselves. So find out who you are, get comfortable with yourself, and be good to yourself and it will start raining men everywhere you go! Good men.
  20. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    nope not me - i am too selfish with my time, no thats wrong, there is nothing better in this world then a really, really good kiss and being held. But until then, I have my books and my daydreams.

damn, why do I have a song from cinderella stuck in my head!? argh!!! one day my prince will come... blah blah, blah blah blah...
  21. black_8ight Jedi Knight

star 3
    Very true.
  22. StarLeia Jedi Knight

star 2
    DUDE!!!!!!!!! I freakin' know who I am already!!!!!! I've known for a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy long time!!!!!!

Raining men? Yeah right! :rolleyes:
  23. ObeyTheFist Jedi Master

star 4
    i know who I am as well, but I hate looking at myself in the mirror even to brush my teeth cause I hate what I see.

I actually had a guy tell me once that one of the reasons he couldn't care about me was because I was always putting myself down and no matter how hard he tried he couldn't care about me. I loved him with all my heart but I hated myself and he couldn't love someone who hated themself. I lost him and I know I will never get to be with him and even though its been years since that happened and I hate myself even more for it. I don't know if I can ever forgive myself either...

i am wise at times but man, I have so much work to do on myself its frigging scary. I would just like to look in the mirror again and not wince or want to cry when I see what I turned myself into. I used to be a size 8 and turned heads when I walked into a room. Now people turn the opposite direction so they don't have to see me. I look at old pics of myself and wonder how I could of hated that beautiful person who could wear skirts without worrying about cyulite.

But I am who I am now and I can't change it with a wish. I am working hard. I do what I can to boost my self-esteem. And get thru each day. I do like myself for who I am on the outside, I just wish people were willling to take the chance to know that there is more to me then what they think. even those who are closest to me take whatever chance they can to run away and not look back sometimes and I wonder why do they see me as this monster when I know I'm not or am I just deluding myself. That everyone around me can find happiness except for me.
  24. FlirtationOfficer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I am actually looking forward to this next season of my life. I need some time to heal but I still have a lot to offer. And I am going to be very careful about getting involved with the wrong men.
  25. DJ_Rebo Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is why I love this Mos Alba group. Real people are present! I have been most fortunate/unfortunate to have been in love three times in my life. Each time poetry has sprung my soul and mingled with the stars themselves. After the each of those relationships have ended, I felt as far from the bright center of the universe as possible. Yet I have been fortunate enough to have known those people and take a part of them with me. As I hope they have taken a piece of me with them, to look back and laugh and remember and use those lessons in their current loves and lives. I guess that means I have had three soul mates in my lifetime as of yet. To me, a soulmate is one who has shared the very essence of their being as I have done with them. For me, to be able to find this truth, and not be driven crazy by self-doubt, I had to be true to myself first. This was why I had to end a relationship that was going great at first, I had to be true to myself to be worthy enough for another. Luckily she was able to understand this and our firendship still remains great to this day.
    StarLeia and OTF, I am not trying to be all Obi-wan Kenobish, I am just a newbie on this board, and I am not trying tell you how to look at life...only you can do that. But I see two very intellegent, passionate beings, with an intense inner strength. And as a guy I must say most men ARE fools! :confused:
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.