main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq do you believe in soul mates?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, Aug 12, 2005.

?

do you believe in soul mates?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2005.
  1. yes

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. no

9 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. not sure yet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    Donnie Chase loves when it's raining men.

2. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    Interesting concept/definition! I've never thought of it that way!

3. DJ_Rebo

DJ_Rebo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Two of my best friends are soulmates and they are brother and sister....no not an ewwwwww moment like when Luke and Leia snag (....er... snog for you english blokes). They believe they were bro and sis in a past life. Many possibilities are there.

4. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I have a friend in california - we became friends from the moment we met (which was riding together for a weekend camping trip in humbolty county) we feel we are soul mates and if there is such thing as reicarnation - that we were sisters in a past life. But we connected the first time we ever talked and have been friends since

5. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] =D= [face_laugh]

6. Mrs-Gecko-Fett

Mrs-Gecko-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    I know there is a Soul Mate for everyone; the problem is, most people settle down to quick or don?t value themselves enough to wait and find their soul mate!!!
    They're so afraid of being alone, they settle for the 1st person that comes their way. Later on, they realize they're so unhappy they want to get out of the relationship but can?t.

I myself am guilty of it in the past. If I can just give those of you an insight, of what you need to look for to be able to find that soul mate just Listen & Wait!!! When that special person comes around you will know??he/she will Value you, Respect you, Appreciate you, Trust you, involve you in their life, Love you, Like you, tell you he/she Loves you More then once a day, Praise you, Thank you even 4 the Littlest things, last but not least, Neither one of you should ever Nag or Fight about the Stupid little things. Even, the big things should only be talked about and resolved within 5 mins of the discussion! (No one is a winner or a loser of an argument) You will of course give the same in return. That will be the person you settle down with.

7. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    Very well put!

8. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    Your a lucky man Gecko.

9. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Damn Straight I am!

10. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    yeah you are. everyone should be so happy! your wife's a great woman

11. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
  12. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    This thread is giving me a cavity. ;) :D

13. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    yeah, hearing people all giddy in love just makes you want to toss your cookies, huh?

14. Mrs-Gecko-Fett

Mrs-Gecko-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    Ah guys STOP, your making him cry :_| from the happiness!

But, just want to say. Thank you for making such nice comments! [face_cow]

15. PurpleMountain88

PurpleMountain88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2005
    Very well put mom. i completely agree. you should never settle on anything, especially on the person your going to spend the rest of your life with.

i have the smartest mom ever!!!:D

16. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Well, I've not found mine yet, but I hold out hope that one day I will! This thread gives me hope! :D [face_praying] :D Thanks to Jess and Yvonne, Joseph and Anita...well you know!

17. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    I voted no. Out of the 6 BILLION people on this planet, I'm magically going to find ONE person who's perfect for me? I don't think so. What happens when you meet someone who you think is "the one". Your together and something horrible happens, they die in a crash. Does that mean they weren't the one? And all that time was spent wasted? Or that they were the one, and now, oh well you found your ONE person! Game over. Sorry but I don't buy into that.

That said, I'm a hopeless romantic (hopeless, cause romance is dead, unfortunately). And I believe that everyone can find someone that they want to spend the rest of their lives with. And that person can BECOME your soulmate...the one person, you love and care so deeply about, you want them around forever. I've found mine. Does that mean that life is perfect and I have it all? No. It takes SO much hard work to keep a relationship going. It's not all romance and gooshy stuff (although that's a HUGE BONUS!). But I belive if BOTH people are willing to put themselves out there on the line for each other, and to give everything they've got to making it work, that it can.

18. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    Hey, leave Donnie alone...maybe he is my Soul Mate?

He is funny

19. Shaak_Vi

Shaak_Vi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2005
    Umm... I don't know there LM, I seriously doubt you could get him to go hunting with you...so no soul mate is he. (I know you are heartbroken now, sorry.) But I do agree, he is funny.

20. FlirtationOfficer

FlirtationOfficer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 6, 2005
    I am looking forward to the future I know I will be more careful. I am going to work on being the best "Deb" I can be and not settle for anyone that doesnt make my life better.

21. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    that's pretty much the attitude to have. And most people don't think of that...being the best that you can be and all that. But that's important too. (it almost sounds like army "be all you can be!")

22. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    shak,

good luck w/that one...he plays for the same team.

23. General_Kin

General_Kin Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    yes yes yes and i found the girl yesterday

24. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004
    Prince is my soulmate, he completes me.

25. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    does HE know that??