main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon do you collect Star Wars stuff????

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jimsidious, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    Ok I want to know if any one collects stuff.
    If I get no replies to this I give up and leave the site for good. I have an extensive collection of Star Wars stuff. Its mainly the toys but I do have other things like the old BK glasses that they started to give out with the Empire Strikes Back, and all three origonal trilogies beddings. I dont think I have the time or room to write down the toys I have but I dont have much left to collect to have all the 33/4" figures collection. my vintage set is complete(uncarded) I have a few that are actually on cards!!!! MINT!!! I was so happy when I found them. My vintage collection does include all figures and playsets!!! I dont have all the playsets for the new stuff, but I am starting to collect the 12" inch series. I guess it'll never stop LOL.
    So tell me what do you have, or collect??

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Hi Jim! I am a pretty huge collector. You can see the pictures of my collection (all 41 pictures) here:

MJF's Collection Pics

Besides being Fanforce's Regional Support Administrator for the Pacific Region, I also co-moderate the Collecting forum on the JC side. Please stop by and visit the collecting board, and drop by the Tapcafe thread and get to know some of your fellow collectors.

Collecting TapCafe Thread

I can host pictures of your collection for you if you like as well.

Linda :)

3. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    That collection blew me away,If I ever had MONEY mine might be able to come CLOSE to that!
    Yeah,my main collection is basically action figs (presicley 62 figures)and books(presicely 78 books)including the original "New Release" books that say "rated the years best movie!"on the cover! :D

4. jedi1701a

jedi1701a Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    i collect ever thing star wars u name it i collect it from books to the toys posters even every ticket from the movies i have been to

5. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    I keep all the tickets to!
    I am mainly after anything SW but what i go out of my way for is the action figures,that's what i meant!

I have those old BK toys also!
    The princess Leia inside R2-D2 is the best!

6. Rickthetamer

Rickthetamer Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2002
    I collect stuff, but I don't go buying every blinkin' Star Wars thing I see. I only grab cool stuff, like my original Jabba's Palace set, or original figures. I only have like 10 of those >_<.

My favorite is my massive 'Size Matters Not' IMAX poster my dad scrounged for me.

7. jedi1701a

Nov 1, 2002
    cool i would love to get my hands on one of thoes posters

as for origanal stuff i just won a jabba playset on ebay still in the plastic for 41.00

8. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
  9. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I have the double-sided theatrical release of AOTC on IMAX poster as well. ("Size Matters Not"). I will most likely get a lightbox for it so I can display it so you can see both sides. Right now it is still in its original tube as I don't have a place for it yet. :)

10. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    OH THANK THE MAKER YOU ARE OUT THEIR!!!!!!!
    I thought I was the only dork out thier LOL.
    man I have one hell of a collection, every thing from vintage to new. I dont have any of the cool real double sided theater posters,that would be cool. And yes Linda that would be awesome if you could do that for me, I need to get the pics first. I have a friend with a digital camera, I'll see if she will take the pics for me. I'll hopefully get some pics posted

11. Rickthetamer

Sep 1, 2002
    41 bucks!?! Ha! Got mine for 10 at a garage sale... altough I had to buy the Salacious Crumb seperately on eBay.

12. jedi1701a

Nov 1, 2002
    yea but mine is still with the box no sticker applyed and stillin the plastic

13. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    My Jabbas playset is loose mint and I've had it for a looooong time I got it the christmas it came out, I believe it was 82-83.
    I just won an ebay auction for a 12" death star Droid, hes awesome!!! I have started collecting the 12" series. I need to get to Wal-Mart they have a big sale going and I want to get Zuckuss and Dengar 12" they have them for like 15.00$ right now.
    thats a good going rate.
    I have all my old vintage stuff. I think I have way to much stuff......NO WAY!!!!!!LOL

14. Rickthetamer

Sep 1, 2002
    I've got some old Marvel comics too. Those are sorta fun. They're so out of continuity though, that it's a little silly.

15. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    How old and what comics might they be?? do you have any X-Men?? what series??whos in them?? Oh sorry I got a little excited LOL. I used to collect comics but then I found out that Star Wars figures were being rereleased in 96 so I got in a whirlwind with that LOL

16. Bounty_Scum

Bounty_Scum Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Hi Everyone. I collect action figures mostly the bounty hunters, but I like it all. My prized possession is my vintage ROTJ unpunched Boba Fett. Its awesome. oh yeah, if anybody has a Freeze Frame Boba for sale. Please tell me.

17. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    Hey bro,thanks for stoppin by to say "hey".
    I have a little somethin to say, I have almost every figure made and I have a list of the ones I dont have, and I've never heard of a freeze frame Fett, unless something slipped passed the sith lord they never made one, although they do have several varients of the infamus son of Jango, including the threehundreth figure ever made special, only available at one of the jedi-cons "300th Fett". I love Fett, I even have him printed on my body(tattoo LOL)
    any questions about figure collecting ask, I can help.
    Do you collect 12" figures?? they had a pretty sweet line of 12"ers that they had just finished off with Dengar and Zuckuss(formerly known as 4-LOM to us older folk from the vintage era), they rule.
    So you have a vintage unpunched Fett eh????
    how did you get him, and where did you aquire him, and last but not least HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh wait one more question what varient??? ESB or ROTJ???
    Dude thats awesome you have him but never invit me over for dinner cause I know whats for dessert!!!!!!!!!! just kidding LOL seriously thats sweet bro.

18. Bounty_Scum

Bounty_Scum Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    Hey Jimsidious. I believe they made a Freeze Frame (slide) Fett. Fett tattoo is awesome. I got the unpunched vintage Fett from Dr. tongues 3-D house of collectible toys in Portland on Burnside and 14th. Got it for 300 bucks, its the ROTJ desert scene card. I also got my 300th edition Fett from him. He has lots of carded vintage stuff. Goodbye

19. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I have probably spent somewhere around $15,000 to $18,000 on my collection by this point.

For x-mas I got a life-sized Yoda, the newest one from AOTC with the saber and whatnot. I got several Master Replicas items. I have all of them so far, except the duplicate Vader saber which is useless because Icons already made it before. Anyway, that is like the Han Solo blaster, signature edition Count Dooku saber, Luke's ROTJ saber, Luke's ANH saber (really Anakin's), Obi-Wan's ANH saber, Obi-Wan's AOTC saber, Yoda's saber, and Vader's ANH saber.

I have a George Lucas signed banner of Obi-Wan Kenobi, one of only five that exist in the world. They were released in a set of 40 for 8 characters (5 each) x-mas 1999 or 2000, I forget, but through the fan club. My collection is mainly high quality collectibles, limited edition stuff. Artwork, like the set of 20 Doug Chiang lithos limited to 500 each, signed by the artist. Ralph McQuarrie's concept artwork, limited to 2,500 each I think. Some comic artwork by Al Williams, limited to 500 framed pieces.

Icon's replicas of the X-Wing and the TIE Fighter, limited to 1,977 ($1,500 each was the original price).

Lots of Rawcliffe collectibles, though by no means all of them. I think I have every one from TPM and AOTC only.

I have several original pieces of artwork I bought at Star Wars Celebration II. They are both by one of the guys who did the DK books with all of the technical illustrations. The two pieces I have are the actual original artwork pieces of two illustrations that did not make the book, so they are one of a kind, signed collectibles that I bought from him directly. I framed them, of course.

Besides all of that various stuff, which goes on and on for a bit, I have basically every Star Wars book in print that is non-fiction, i.e. Art of, all of the Essential Guides, annoted screenplay books, everything like that. The Star Wars Chronicles book which was like $150. My book collection alone is probably in the range of $2,000.

I have a lot of other little junk here and there, 20th anniversary gold coin, Hoth snow globe thing, Applause limited edition resin collectibles, Christopher Radko ornaments, gold and silver ornaments, Hallmark ornaments, Darth Vader nutcracker, then TONS of little nonsense stuff like a bunch of opened toys, micro machines, banks, pez dispensers, TPM and AOTC promotional items, all types of posters, toothbrushes, soaps, etc.

I sleep on TPM bedsheets and pillow cases here at home, not to mention I have TPM trash cans that I use, Star Wars mouse pads, even a Stormtrooper mouse. Just an endless number of little things like that.

I've spent enough on Star Wars so that Lucas could by a nice car from what I've contributed, haha. But what he has contributed to my life is beyond the realm of money :)

20. Rickthetamer

Sep 1, 2002
    I finally found that Photomosaics Yoda poster today . . . at the Cedar Mill Library. They got this store in the back, and I was justing taking a shortcut through it, and I saw that poster there. 3 bucks! SCORE!

On my $35 dollars every 4 months salary, that's halfway decent.

My collection is fairly small, but considering how many years of age I have left until I'm as old as you guys, I'm doing good. How much Star Wars stuff did you have when you were 12?

21. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    Dr.Tounges eh, I'm gonna have to find that place, sounds cool.
    Boy Bowen youve got the true heart of a collector, I've been working on the Master replicas stuff and man you nailed it its not cheap LOL. awesome collection though bro. I dont have hans blaster or the vader saber(well none of the new hope sabers either LOL) I just got the unusuals I.E. Dookus saber and yodas, because their diferent.
    and den ders Hammer so you collectin Star Wars stuff to?? that posta sure sounds awesome.(oops sorry about the grammer)LOL

22. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I absolutely love the Master Replicas stuff, yeah, I can't wait until the Darth Maul saber comes out here for order in about 10 days! It's going to rock.

I am envisioning my future mansion in Beverly Hills, full of Star Wars collectibles, rare film treasures, a home theater, a lagoon like pool, ahh :) haha.

When I was 12, I had no Star Wars collection, to answer that question :)

I became a Star Wars fan in the official sense of the word at age 14 I think it was. Well it was February 1, 1997, so yesterday I celebrated 6 years of Star Wars fandom! Pretty cool milestone, hehe.

My first major Star Wars collectibles were from Icons, the X-Wing (I sold a lot of stuff, saved up, etc. just to get that), the Luke Skywalker ANH saber (really Anakin's...), and then Vader's ANH one soon after.

I loved the SW films since I was like 3 or 4, I had a bunch of action figures as a really young kid, but I don't consider myself to have been a Star Wars fan before 14. My definition of "fan" isn't just some kid who likes Star Wars, because kids go through phases (and I did too). True fandom is a serious devotion to something on an intellectual and emotional level, not just playing with SW toys and watching the movies. Although that often serves as the pre-cursor to fandom :)

23. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Wow!I became an "official" SW Freak at age 13,I think it's around that age that everyone gets MORE into it than before!

24. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    Man since you put it that way I'm not to sure about fandom.... I am pretty proud of the fact that the only time I did not see the first showing of a Star Wars movie was the opening of ANH, I saw the fourth showing of that :). I guess I did have a conversation with my girlfriends cousin (shes a big SW freak also), we were discussing this same topic. I really didnt know when I became a SW freak, it just seems to have always been a huge part of my life since age five. I have seemingly always had SW collectables and comics, plates, cups, bedding and UNDEROOS (those rocked LOL), its just strange that all my life I have always breathed,ate and slept SW.
    Dude ten days till the Darth Maul saber?? whats the asking price??? gotta have that, I've been hoping they would release it SWEET!!!!!!!!

25. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Hmm..

Maul saber is like $449 or $549 for the signature edition (which I want, limited to 1,500).

Yeah different people view fandom differently, and MOST people would never be able to say, "Oh I became a fan on THIS day," but for me it literally was like that. It was like when I saw ANH: SE at 10:30 p.m. on February 1, I became a fan right in that theater. I probably spent 5 hours a day to 8 hours a day on Star Wars for about a year thereafter, either talking on forums or reading books about it or magazines or collecting or talking about it or whatever else. That was a GREAT time to be a Star Wars fan, really one of the best, right after ANH became the #1 highest grossing film of all time. That's a title I hope we get back again...

I do not spend as much time on Star Wars anymore, mostly just on film, and I used to watch the trilogy once a week, then I watched one movie once a week at least (from the SW Saga), now I simply don't have time to re-watch movies I've already seen because I am trying to advance my film knowledge. Still, I saw AOTC 54 times in theaters, so when a SW movie comes to theaters, I am there in support. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.