main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Do you Consider Anakin Being placed inside the Darth Vader Suit an Iconic Star Wars Moment?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Darth Dominikkus

Darth Dominikkus Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2013
    I loved ROTS as well when I was younger. Obi and Ani's duel is what made it for me. I just love watching movies where all of the protagonists go down hill, and for me ROTS was that movie;)

Arie likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm pretty sure he likes it for the duel.

Personally I hated every minute of that movie after the ruminations scene and hated a lot of it before then.

kainee and SithStarSlayer like this.
  3. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    ROTS is to you as AOTC is to me... so why are we here?

And, are we twins?:p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Arie

Arie Jedi Padawan

Jul 29, 2013
    While I do love RoTS, I can understand why you wouldn't feel the same way. I only realized how much better it could have been as I got older.

5. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think it's an iconic moment, frankly. It's that sequence that ties both trilogies together.

About liking/hating RotS, I still watch it, but I don't "hate" it because of things that happened. I knew going in what would occur, and wasn't disappointed with how it was portrayed.

6. markdeez33

markdeez33 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 25, 2013
    I absolutely loved it, but then again, ROTS is tied with ESB with my fav Star Wars film

kainee and SkywalkerJedi02 like this.
  7. LordThanatos

LordThanatos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 18, 2013
    I loved the scene, I love the entire movie and find nothing bad in it so... :D But yeah, definitely, it's an iconic scene to me.

8. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    It was... until Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

9. Rogue501st

Rogue501st Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 9, 2010
    My thoughts exactly. I still get chills when the helmet is sealed and Vader takes his first breath, but then it goes down hill from there.

Sarge likes this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I loved Darth Vader's no in that scene. Such a sad and pathetic last moment for Anakin Skywalker before he becomes the cold and detached Vader we know. And the scene itself is very iconic IMO. It still gives me chills to hear that first breath coming out.

11. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Those scenes with Anakin being put in the suit and then asking for Padme or news about her were some of the last ones he uttered in a long time as "Anakin".

As many people have said that the suit is Vader it is true. After his turn to the Dark Side I tend to refer to him as Anakin/Vader until the suit and then after he turns back to the Light I refer to him again has Anakin/Vader or Vader/Anakin. When you say "Vader" you think of the suit and the breathing.

kainee likes this.
  12. I_Love_Scotch

I_Love_Scotch Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 2, 2013
    Him being put in the suit was iconic, the dialogue afterwards is painful. "It seeeems in your anguhhhh, you killed huhhhhhhh" "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Darth Dominikkus likes this.
  13. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    No doubt iconic. It's as powerful to longtime fans as it is to people only familiar with the PT; obviously a lot of people were waiting for the fabled scene where the broken Vader is re-constructed as a mechanical man, but people only familiar with Anakin's character can also see that his loss of humanity has now physically manifested itself in Vader.

For me, this scene was brilliantly played because of how well it tied into the OT; it sold the idea that Vader could not simply turn back into what he once was. The suit was now a permanent embodiment of evil.

14. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    It should have been iconic.

15. Solid Sam

Solid Sam Jedi Knight

Jul 27, 2013
    It was iconic, but for the wrong reasons.

I think the scene should have been a lot more subtle. Maybe even omitted entirely except for the breathing sound before/after the end credits.

16. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I loved that scene in ROTS, I can remember sitting there in the cinema waiting for Anakin to transform into Vader and I wasn't disappointed. I don't remember thinking Vaders voice sounded strange when he asked about Padme....JEJ is the voice of Vader and I was over the moon to hear his voice again.

As for the "Nooooooooooo" it didn't bother me then and still doesn't bother me now, Anakin had just awoken as Vader and still carried with him alot of his human emotions.....I see the "Nooooooooooo" as the moment Anakin/Jedi died and Vader/Sith took over.

It was Vaders last fully human emotion (well until Jedi)

17. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    Why should it be omitted? I feel like watching the suit being put on Vader was the one scene everyone really wanted to see. Not showing it at all in the movie would make the entire PT a disappointment.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  18. Darth Dominikkus

Apr 5, 2013
    I hated that "nooooo" at the very end. Ruined the moment for me.

19. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    The scene of Anakin being placed inside the black suit is what I've been waiting to see ever since I first saw Vader walk onto the screen in ANH....Vader yelling 'Nooooooo' for around 3 seconds was never going to and HAS never ruined the moment for me! It's such a great part of ROTS and seeing Palpatine with his evil grin in the background only makes it better....there's so many great aspects to that scene and I've always wondered why people continue to pick at the one supposed negative instead of focusing on the hundreds of positives???

20. malaksilver

malaksilver Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2013
    yes i do

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

It is iconic ;)

22. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    It is incredibly iconic!

Andy Wylde and SkywalkerJedi02 like this.
  23. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    It's so iconic, it's an iconic icon of iconic iconicity.

But seriously...

I wanted to input something Joseph Campbell says in this video I watched last night:

If you've not seen Campbell speak before, just wait! A real titan of a personality...

On Becoming An Adult

"The rituals of initiation of young men in some of the very simple societies are extremely interesting."

"The boys are brought up to be in fear of the masks that the men wear in their rituals. These are the gods. These are the personification of the powers that structure the society."

"In New Guinea, there's a wonderful, wonderful event, where this poor kid has to stand up and fight a man with a mask. He's fighting the god."

"The man lets the kid win, takes the mask off, puts it on the kid."

"Now the mask is not there defeated and simply said, 'Ah, it's just myth.' The masks represents the power that is shaping the society and has shaped you and now you are a representative of that power. That's a big story."

"The burial isn't as important as the kid thinking he's dead."

24. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    What else could it be?

- He's my father.
    - Not Anakin! He couldn't!

/LM

25. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO