main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you ever feel sad...

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Bravo, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Do you ever feel sad when you go to StarWars.com and you start to read the old news headlines from ANH, ESB, and ROTJ? I mean, they hardly have any news on them anymore. But what makes me sad, mostly, is the fact that they are so old, so much forgotten about a lot of people. All you hear about is ESP. III and the EU and this and that, but nothing about the good old films anymore. Its just sad to look at the web pages for these three movies that seem as if they have been stored away in a box put in a old cabin, the films collecting dust now, and just forgot about.

2. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Well that's only because there's not much more then can talk about with ANH, TEXb, and ROTJ any more. I'm sure they would have new news about them if there was something importent for them to tell about.

So yeah it is sad but like the OT, news about the PT well also die down. It's sad but true. :(

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    It is sad but the unfortunate truth is until we get the OT on DVD, there will be no news.

4. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    At least a 6-film DVD set will give a nice boost to the OT :)

5. Lord_RJ

Lord_RJ Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2003
    yeah......

6. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Yeah I'm sad all the time. Oh you're asking about the OT films. No not really.

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I'm sad they aren't on DVD. My depression will worsen if they don't release the original trilogy.

8. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    "What?!? There was an original original trilogy?!?" - George Lucas

9. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    "Yes George, now I want you to think back to the 70's, tell me what you remember." - Therapist

10. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I need a time machine so I can live the years 77-83 as an adult, and then live 1999-2005 knowing what I know now... except before going back to 77, I'll haed to 2005 and see Episode 3. and after that's all done, I'll head to 2006 or 2007 and pick up a bunch of the SW 1-6 DVD sets, come back and sell them to you guys for $300 a pop. Um, yeah, so all I need is a time machine.

11. DarthMak

Jan 4, 2001
    "Yes George, now I want you to think back to the 70's, tell me what you remember." - Therapist

"I had a dog named Indiana, but that's it. Sorry doc." - George Lucas

(I feel bad for making fun of GL on his birthday, but when you forget the movies that made you a great director, these things must be pointed out.)

12. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Well, do you want to turn on the news and see on CNN "Hitler wins again" or "Vietnam War heightening in intensity"?

What about, for Americans, "World Trade Center towers destroyed" or "Pearl Harbor Bombed"?

Now, granted, I used more definitive and tragic events there, but news is news. And news is new. Not much is going on in the way of ANH, ESB, and RoTJ, so naturally they aren't going to make the news. ;) :)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

13. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Ken, I think you're missing the point. Oh, no wait, that's me. Sorry, you're 100% right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.