Do you feel at least a little sympathetic to the Dugs?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Separatist101, Sep 17, 2013.

?

Do you feel a little sympathy for the Dugs when you think about their colonisation and enslavement?

Aye, no wonder they aren't happy! 1 vote(s) 20.0%
Nay, I'm with the Gran! 4 vote(s) 80.0%
  1. Separatist101 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Hi I'm back

I know the Dugs can act like real tools sometimes, but do you at least feel a little sympathy to them? Since the Gran have colonised their world and enslaved them.

From what I can gather it went a little like this:

"Hi, we're the Gran, nice world, we'll take it! Welcome us, since we are civilising you and ending your poverty and your primitive ways, we have graciously taken your world to help you! Oh, and you're not slaves, you might work for us, but you're indentured servants, working for the Gran to pay us back for bringing you primitives a little thing called "civilisation" and "civilised society"! The Protectorate has been established, and we will relocate you to the western part of Malastare!"

No wonder Dugs feel pretty angry! Colonised, enslaved and relocated to the western part of their own world by the Gran! The Gran were also pretty brutal to their Dug slaves, to the point some Gran on Kinyen didn't even consider the Gran on Malastare true Gran!
    Last edited by SebulbaEpicOwnage101, Sep 17, 2013
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  2. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    That does explain why Sebulba was so testy. I'm still pro-Gran, though. Sebulba wanted to squash a child!
    Last edited by BigAl6ft6, Sep 18, 2013
  3. TX-20 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Luckily that child grew up to be the nicest, most non-genocidal maniac ever.
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Separatist101 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    True, Sebulba was really hostile, even for a Dug!
  5. SlashMan Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Personally, I think the character design for Phantom Menace was amazing. And by that, I mean Sebulba looked like a nasty fellow before I even saw the film. I'm thinking they're a pretty aggressive species for the most part (remember Jabba's palace?). Just like Rodians, they're labeled as the bad guys of Tatooine.
  6. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6