Do you feel more able to speak your mind with a sock?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by KnightWriter, Aug 30, 2002.

?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Yes 40 vote(s) 28.6%
No 100 vote(s) 71.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No... but I do use them for fun on occasion.
  2. Valiowk Force Ghost

star 6
  3. ISD_Devastator Force Ghost

star 4
    No. Nor bras or any other garments. I don't want to say anything stupid w/ a false name (I couldn't use my main user name, 'cause I'm stupid, always.)
  4. DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  5. Master Salty Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  6. FlamingSword Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nope, anything I need to say can be said under this name. Anything I feel or mean can be said under this name. Doesn't mean I couldn't have fun with socks though.

Socks:
    1) For the senate to debate stuff I completely don't believe.
    2) For when I'm banned under games.
    3) Might be fun to have a sock with a different IP like StarFire said. [face_mischief]
  7. darth_avery Jedi Master

star 3
    nope.....i speak my mind....and my alter-ego's mind....and my invisible friends mind....and the mind of the boy who lives in my mouth....(blah....blah blah blah....blah blah)
  8. jada_marnew Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Although my socks have been known to go on rampages [face_shocked], they are generally a fun loving sort and like to frolick and play. Although they have defended my honor a few times. :D

If I have something to say, I'm gonna say it. I may not always say it well but I'm still going to be the one to say it. I think I've said what I meant now. I should stop writing. Now . . . stopping . . . fini . . . aloha!

;)
  9. QUEEN_MARNEW Jedi Knight

star 1
    I wish she ^ would just get to the point! What a chatterbox! Blah, blah, blah . . . ramble, ramble, ramble. As if anyone really cares what she is saying!

;)
  10. JEDI_MASTER_MARIANA Jedi Master

star 2
    No. what's the point anyway? They'll know that it's you.
  11. MasterP Force Ghost

star 7

no
  12. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling

star 10
    No, I can speak my mind normally with my regular user name.

Besides, posting as a sock reduces the number of posts I can make on this user name.
  13. DerthNader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No, because the thoughts expressed under this name reflect the personality and views of the real-life individual typing them. And I stand by whatever I've said as this name, no matter how many people I've managed to irritate along the way. :D
  14. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nope, regular user name :D .
  15. Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Nah, I only got my sock cause I was bored. This account has all my rants and evilness, why would I need a sock for that? [face_mischief]
  16. jedijason8080 Jedi Master

star 4
    no i do what i want and say what i want and i put in all info in my bio. i think the real socks are the ones that dont use a bio!!
  17. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No.

I mean, it's the Internet people. You're already anonymous. Why anyone would want to be "doubly anonymous" is beyond me.
  18. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I voted, NO.

I have no problems saying what I have to say with my regular user name here at the JC. :) I am polite to my other posters but I do share my opinion as diplomatically as possible.

I hate flaming and trolling and spamming...so I do not engage in them either. :) Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Something like that. ;)

Also, my only other sock is my Darth sock and since everyone knows its me, there's nothing to hide, really. :D
  19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    No, not any more able than with my regular username. But as mods like you know, KnightWriter, i'll speak my mind about you anyway. ;)
  20. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    Socks are my outlet to releasing some tension and agression, sometimes I send PMs back and forth to my socks using profanity to invoke a sense of liberation inside myself. It's sublime.

<[-]> Saber
  21. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
  22. JediLeeora Jedi Master

star 3
    Most Definitly! Socks are so understanding! They let you rant and rave until you cant breath anymore and dont inturupt you! only problem is they dont want to share their opinions with you afterwards... :)
  23. Cow_Girl Chapter Rep Niagara ON, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    No, I don't feel the need to hide behind a sock.
  24. Laura_Anu Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't use a sock. If I want to say something and I don't want people to know I said it...I probably shouldn't say it!
  25. Lord_Janson Jedi Knight

star 1
    No, my socks more my alternate personality, or my holiday me!
    ~Rogue~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.