main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Do you guys remember...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Slyuss, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slyuss

Slyuss Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    G'day,
    I was talkin to LordVader yesterday and it got me thinking...
    Does anybody remember the premier of SW: Empire Strikes Back in the Melbourne CBD and seeing a yoda-sized Darth Vader waiting in line?
    That was me!
    I used to be in the StarWalking fan club but was too young to be interested in magasines or the social side of it. But I'm gunna join up agian!

I know this is a long long time ago (in a galaxy far far away) but you might remember the little Darth Vader.
    I would be interested to see how good you guys memories are!!!
    hehehe
    Cheers,
    Slyuss

2. Slyuss

Mar 14, 2002
    oh, BTW, Thats SW:TESB "SPECIAL EDITION"
    I'm only 18

3. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I am glad you clarified that, as I was only 3 during the original release of TESB!

4. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    I'll admit, I didn't grace any of the SE premiers: too busy with school and ignorant of the wider world of fandom encapsulated in these forums and in the StarWalking Club.

I suppose you'd be hard pressed finding someone here who did...apart from LordVaderFF or Dags, I don't know if anyone would of made it to the premier!

5. Slyuss

Mar 14, 2002
    Actually, the premier was great!
    I mean, I had only experienced Star Wars on my small ass TV.
    I went to A New Hope SE about a week after its release and it wasn't much to me. I did like the extras, but it wasn't much.
    Then ESB!!!!
    I mean, it wouldn't have impressed me but the StarWalking Fans were AWSOME!!!!!!
    I mean, there was cheering at the Start Scroll, they laughed at the funny parts (not that they hadn't seen it a million times) eg. "Laugh it up fuzzball" n stuff like that.
    They also cheered at the end! I mean, these guys made the whole night a blast!

The only problem, when I arrived I thought... oh ****... I was the only one dressed up!
    hehehehe, oh well
    It was all in good fun!!!!

6. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Missed the Melbourne Premier.....I was "On the road" at the time with the X-Wing tour.

If you are EVER going to see a Star Wars film, the ONLY way to see it is with a huge bunch of real fans......there's nothing like it. :)

7. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Too true.

I still remember the Multi-verse AOTC premiere, where Reign, JE, Jacques and I paraded around with a microphone and pretended to be the "Victorian Fan Force Press Club", interviewing all the nerds in their 1000 dollar outfits.

What a waste..some guy spent 2 grand on a replica lightsaber. (rolleyes)

But the movie itself was the true highlight...the cheers, the roar when Yoda got going...fantastic. ;)

8. -BENDER-

-BENDER- Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2003
    I was still living in QLD when I saw the SE of star wars. I do remember the xwing tour though. I won a poster and my friend got a Han in carbonite figure.

9. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    Hey cool...if you saw the show...you saw me.

Tall guy, black suit, bad asthma problem. :)

10. -BENDER-

-BENDER- Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2003
    I was the kid standing on the xwing pilot. [face_laugh]

11. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    You weren't the one that bought the cut outs from the Person selling them in the cinema foyer were you?

While we were in Brisbane, some guy standing in line waiting to get into the movie, started pulling the characters out of the "Star Wars" standee in the foyer and selling them off to anyone that would pay for them.

He didn't work for the cinema and pocketed any cash he got for himself.

12. -BENDER-

-BENDER- Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2003
    I was only 11 at the time. I saw it in brisbane with their star wars club.

13. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Wanna hear something funny, when I read Slyuss' initial post I thought "wow wee, someone wore a DV suit to the ORIGINAL ESB premiere in 1980!" I was impressed because ironically I wore a DV suit which I made myself (except the helmet) to the ORIGINAL ROTJ premiere on Oct 26 1983.

I was gonna say to Slyuss well done on the history. Unfortunately I wasn't at the ESB premiere in 1980 as I was only 12 then and I might've remembered him being a big DV fan. Alas Slyuss' appearance was at the SE premiere instead. Still, it's always great to see a DV at ANY premiere!

14. lordvaderFF

Nov 29, 2000
    Gee...thanks Dags. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.