main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you guys think there will ever be a Live Action TV Series or Animated Series set after ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    So what do you think?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Maybe. Hopefully. But, a KOTOR series would be better.

3. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I would also like a KOTOR TV Series but we can't say which one would be better since we don't know what the story of the show set after ROTJ would be and also do you mean a TV Series set in the KOTOR era or a TV Series based on the video games either way I think both would be good.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It'd be difficult, though not impossible, to set a show after ROTJ since there's so much storyline already there, there's not much room for any "huge" events, which isn;'t to say they couldn't still tell a good storyline- particularly if it focuses on new characters and is set away from the main galactic events.

Though, I'd still rather see a series start adapting some of the key EU stories- people would eat up SOTE, X-Wing or Thrawn Trilogy, assuming people got over the likelyhood of recasting the movie characters (which probably wouldn't be that big of a problem- it worked well for Stargate and other shows, not to mention that with SW, it's the characters themselves that are so iconic, and not so much the actors who portray them.

5. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I agree.

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I've heard Lucas has made a backstory for 7,8,9 why not use the backstory for a TV Series or you could make it way in the future.

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Most of what Lucas planned for Episode s7, 8 & 9 was condensed into Episode 6. Some of the remaining themes were coincidentally used in Dark Empire.

8. Darth_Davi

Darth_Davi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    If they made a show set after Jedi, I would prefer that it is set far enough into the future that it doesn't clash with any of the books. Maybe have it be set a few generations into the future, with a grown up Ben Skywalker, Jaina or Jacens children, something like that. Or use new characters altogether, to avoid character inconsistencies with the EU books. Personally, I would prefer a series set before TPM, because they can pretty much make up any story they want, without much of a chance of contradicting anything. Maybe a KOTOR type thing. Let it be its own entity, and not have to lead into certain specific things in any of the movies.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes it would work well really far into the future with Jedi we've never heard of or maybe it could be set in the unknown regions or not foucus on Jedi.

10. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Don't worry, there's an easy way around that: just have Lucas do it, so he can completely ignore eevrything done before and ruin continuity...since his vision trumps all.

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Or it could be it could just be set really far into the future.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >>Don't worry, there's an easy way around that: just have Lucas do it, so he can completely ignore eevrything done before and ruin continuity...since his vision trumps all.<<

However, besides the unlikelyhood of them doing so (if only froma buisness perspective), it's doubtful Lucas would ever do it, given his aversion to doing a sequel trilogy, or in this case something equivilent.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes but I have a feeling a TV Show set after ROTJ will eventually be made. They could just set really far into the future so it doesn't contradict any EU sources already established.

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    It would have to be done in an AU post NJO with Luke, Han, and Leia all dead or having good reasons for being off screen.

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    All depends on who it focuses on- Luke could easily pop up as a Jedi Master at the academy or temple, or if it focuses on totally new characters, Han and Leia could be elsewhere relaxing or helping displaced races.

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    It could also take place way in the future with none of the characters from the films seen.

17. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Or just do a show set a hundreds / thousands years in the past where nothing can mess up the movies :p EU can die for all I care

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes I think that is the best way to do a show set after ROTJ without contradicting the already established EU sources.

19. MovieTrailerMusic

MovieTrailerMusic Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 17, 2004
    Um read what I said CAREFULLY

I said IN THE PAST aka BEFORE THE MOVIES

20. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I remember IESB.net at one time said that Kevin Smith and Mark hamill was prepping a show but I think they have since said different.

21. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Still if you set a show hundreds or thousands of years after ROTJ I think it would not screw up or contradict the films.

22. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Actualy, the four years of war between the Empire and New Republic before couriscant fell is lightly covered (in comparison with the rest of star wars-especaily clone wars).

That could work.

23. Bpfashforever

Bpfashforever Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    A serie based on the Rogue Squadron comic books and novels would be really good. you've got the material to work with, it wouldn't screw (much) with continuity, etc.

24. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes but I would like it if it focused on something new instead of something based on a book and comics even though I like them.

25. TheAlternateReality

TheAlternateReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whostheBossk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.