main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you guys think there will ever be a Live Action TV Series or Animated Series set after ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

If you are thinking that those two aren't compatible,don't worry.I have been talking in another thread, and I found a way for them to co-exist.

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    That could be another option but who knows what they'll do if they ever make a TV Series or Animated Series set after ROTJ.

3. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Like I've said here before, Lucasfilm's best bet would be to make an animated film or mini-series out of Shadows of the Empire.

4. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes but a TV Series or Animated Series set after ROTJ will probably not happen for a long time if one is ever made and a lot of the original actors and actresses voices might sound too old. I guess it could work if done right as would any post ROTJ show. I just hope if they ever make a TV Series or Animated Series set after ROTJ that it is a quality production.

5. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    I really don't think I would be interested in a post-ROTJ series, but a series like SotE set during the OT might work, IMHO.

6. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Either way nothing is probably going to happen until the Star Wars Live Action TV Series and Clone Wars 3D Animated Series are over. GL said that a KOTOR-era TV Series is a possbility if the first two are successful.

7. Willy-Wonka-nobi

Willy-Wonka-nobi Jedi Master star 1

Feb 6, 2004
    I think it would be great if they did something about 25 years after Jedi. That puts it in the right time frame. You could have all sorts of EU Characters. You could use Vong or Remnant Empire or invent new villains... who cares? Mark Hamil already said that he would consider reprising his role as Luke Skywalker as a Jedi Master for the series. But I agree that he should only be a small character with most of the story focusing on completely new Jedi and non-Jedi characters.

If I had to pick a writer/director, I would say someone who would have fun with it like Joss Whedon. He would be great at creating likable and witty characters as well as great villains and overarching story.

And besides, it would be awesome to see Luke Skywalker open up a can for like a season finale or something!

whostheBossk likes this.
  8. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes that's a really good idea and it would be awesome to see Luke Skywalker do that.

9. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I would love to see a Thrawn Trilogy series. Or even a Thrawn Trilogy movie, hey you never know.

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

10. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    hey wouldn't it be cool if they made a cartoon for the new Legacy series. I can just imagine that being a success, like based of the comics +100 years in the future.

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes it would be pretty cool but I'd like it better if they went hundreds or thousands with all new characters and all new threats but I'd just be happy with a quality TV Series or Animated Series that is set after ROTJ.

12. ForceSynaesthesia

ForceSynaesthesia Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2005
    thats what legacy promises

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    In that case I would really want an Animated Series based on the new Legacy series.

14. DJPZB

DJPZB Jedi Youngling

Feb 1, 2006
    Ok guys and gals here is the deal. The key to a succesfull new tv series is to go with animation. Two reasons live action will be inferior to live action are the types of stunts and battles that can be shown and performed by animation. the clone wars series is a perfect example of this. The second second reason is that you can reprise classic charachters that we all love through animation without having to worry about recasting Han Solo(and others) which we all no is impossible. I read before that mark hamill said he would be willing to provide his voice for a new role as jedi master and honestly I think that alot of the written material after rotj is absolutly incredible and would love to see it come to life through animation. More specificall I think that the NJO series if done in the same manner or fashion of the clone wars would be about the coolest star wars movie/cartoon ever.

15. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Any Series that takes place post ROTJ would most likely be an Animated Series since the actors in the OT are getting old and like you said we'll be able to see spectacular battles.

16. Magnetizer

Magnetizer Jedi Youngling

Feb 4, 2006
    Hi Guys and Girls, Why not use the books,(the better ones) to create the series....Luke(Hammil) from Thrawn,(animated) to New Jedi Order,(live) and the Vong,the only problem I see is Leia, but surely someone looks like her. Live action would be better in my view....We could slowly be introduced to all the new characters one by one as time passes. There is enough material to keep it going for a long time

17. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I personally think Luke, Han and Leia are done with. I don't think Lucas will ever sanction any movies or shows about them after ROTJ. And anyway, Harrison Ford will never come back, which means you either have to leave Han out of it, or you get someone else to play him. Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill are both too old as well, IMHO.

That doesn't mean you can't go further into the future, say hundreds or even thousands of years, and perhaps see The Sith begin to rise from the ashes again. Remember, whenever there is power (the force) there will always be someone ready to abuse it. Just because both Sith's died at the end of ROTJ doesn't mean the Sith Order can't be re-establised at some point in the future. And although its a depressing thought no doubt hundreds of years into the future the Jedi and the Republic started to make the same mistakes as before. History keeps repeating, afterall....

18. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well if they went hundreds of years in the future they would probably follow the story of the upcoming Legacy comic series if it is successful or they could make their own original story.

19. l33tn00b

l33tn00b Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2005
    I hope that it isnt post ROTJ, imagine, 400$ WORTH of EU books...GONE!:_|

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It shouldn't be that bad, heck even if they trampled with already established material, I still wouldn't say it done with. I'm all for new animated stuff, live action, I'll reserve my opinion until I see the first 5 episdoes.

21. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    The Star Wars Live Action TV Series is going to be set inbetween ROTS and ANH not after ROTJ.

22. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    At this point & time no. I don't see that happening. It would be like "Star Wars the next generation."

But, who knows.

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes it probably will not happen for a long time.

24. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    :( :_| [face_worried] :mad:

25. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Well if they did make a TV Series or Animated Series set after ROTJ it would probably be set hundreds or thousands of years in the future so it does not contradict the already established EU sources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.