main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you guys think there will ever be a Live Action TV Series or Animated Series set after ROTJ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    Er... too many people know how it ends for a tv series. Not too bad an idea for direct-to-DVD though.

2. yodas_waiter

yodas_waiter Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2006
    Post-ROTJ is well covered by the by the books and it seems somewhat redundant to make into a tv-series. Also, there's the question if casual fans would be interested. Most would seem content with the "happy ending". Not to mention some elements of the EU like the Vong haven't gone down too well with some fans, so it's hard to determine how casual ones would react...

Nope, I feel there should new depictions of other eras of Star Wars done for tv.

3. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I wish, but I doubt it. Maybe animated, but I doubt live-action.
    I remember reading long ago that Mark Hamill let GL know that he would be all for
    participating in a show/movie with Luke rebilding the Jedi order.
    Obviously GL didn't want to or we'd have it.

4. Miss_Golden

Miss_Golden Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2006
    You know what I think would work? A CGI series based on the 25 years after ROTJ. We could have brand new stories - but at the same time don't disregard source material from the EU that has already built a saga in it's own, making it easier for new viewers and non-EU fans to get into the series without confusion.

When this is done, a live action movie or TV show can be made reuniting the original cast. In all honesty, Mark and Carrie can pull of the role easily. By getting back into shape, wearing some make-up and having the same hair as the OT (both in style and colour) they can look exactly like what Luke and Leia would've at their age. On Harrison Ford, he doesn't seem to have any problems with Star Wars and he hasn't been in anything for a while. Granted he might request a larger paycheck, but I don't see why he wouldn't return either.

I really think it's important we see some post-ROTJ stuff, or at least what went on during the OT. The Star Wars saga has had it's fair share of good and bad characters, but no one - not prequel nor EU, has managed to top the characters from the classics. Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca, the droids, Obi-Wan, Vader... Granted I doubt we will see Vader again, but wouldn't it be great to see our favourite heroes once more?

Even better, lightsaber duels have really stepped up with the new movies. With Luke Skywalker as head of the new Jedi Order and Princess Leia now training with the ways of the Force, we could have the chance to see why they are truely the children of the Chosen One.

whostheBossk likes this.
  5. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    I thought the live action tv series was set after ROTJ. No?

I would like to see a SOTE series.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Captain_Kazan

Captain_Kazan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 16, 2006
    Oh, I think we all would, but unfortunately, Lucas has said that he doesn't plan to make one based on SOTE. :(

7. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    no, it's going to be between 3 and 4.

8. Jamiebacca

Jamiebacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    ... and thank goodness it is. There's 20 years in there, most of it untapped. I say HOORAY! About the animated show, though... setting it between Eps 2 & 3 kind of feels like back-tracking a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.