main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Do you imagine pairings for characters in Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by SatineNaberrie, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AuroraRogersSkywalker

AuroraRogersSkywalker Jedi Padawan

Apr 11, 2015
    I've not really thought of any new romances for new SW characters, but I've made up a heck of a lot of Anakin/Padmé scenarios in my mind. XD

Yes, I actually LIKE them. |^.^

2. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    My headcanon is that Sidious and Talzin had a one-night stand that resulted in Maul, and no one can tell me otherwise.

3. smoothkaz

smoothkaz Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2014
    I'm the most hardcore shipper when it comes to almost anything. Strangely, not Star Wars. I dunno, maybe because I fell in love with it and it was such a part of my life before I even knew what shipping was.

Darth Ukendt likes this.
  4. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    How about Qui-Gon? I always thought he would've had feelings for someone that resulted in one of his brushes with the Council. I've thought for a while that he could've developed feelings for a fellow Padawan and Dooku got her expelled. He seems like the type of elitist that wouldn't stand having a failed apprentice on his record, so he removes the threat; more for his benefit than Qui-Gon's.

Darth Ukendt likes this.
  5. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    I ship Obi-Wan Kenobi with Taun We.

I have always thought that Taun We has the hots for Obi-Wan.

I think - I mean I KNOW - they did it, in at least one "deleted scene" that we'll never see, on his initial visit to Kamino in AOTC.

Sith_Smuggler likes this.
  6. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    Obviously this:

[​IMG]

Obviously.

7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Day = made. Plus, that's clearly hot.

8. Darth Ukendt

Darth Ukendt Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2015
    I don't really think Luke would find anyone, but rather that he'd possibly adopt children, as an attempt to give them a better life than they otherwise would've had.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    I could see Palpatine and Sly Moore having an intimate moment.

10. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    I always pictured Qui-Gon and Shmi having a little chemistry.

Valency Jane and Docgeo like this.
  11. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    I can see Dooku going to the library asking Jocasta Nu like: "Would you mind bringing me this special sith-holocron, please?"

JN: "Yes."

Dooku: "You mean, you won't bring me the holocron?"

JN: "Exactly."

Dooku: "Don't you deem me as a full-fledged Jedi-Master worthy and strong enough to tackle this challenge?"

JN: "That's not the point ..."

Dooku: "So tell me: What's the point then?"

JN: "I'm afraid the content of that holocron will harm you in a way we both can't make undone or correct later.

Dooku: "So you do care for me in a way that there is a 'we both'?"

JN: "You nailed it, Master Jedi."

Dooku: "I wouldn't put it that drastically, my Lady. For this time, just let's catch a tiny glimpse onto that holocron together. Afterwards you may tell me if this is really that dangerous for you, for me or for both of us. Will you?

JN: "So come with me, Master Dooku."

12. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Han and Chewie. I'm sure there's a lot of down-time with nothing else to do.

13. Jedi with a TARDIS

Jedi with a TARDIS Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 4, 2013
    Boy, this thread got dirty real fast! ;)

14. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Hi JediTardis,

Seems that's what you get "likes" for. :p

15. DarthSheev

DarthSheev Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 9, 2015
    Dooku and Jocasta Nu. Explains why she's so snotty with Obi-Wan. Just couldn't get over it. :p

16. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    R2-D2 and R4-P17. And then R2 goes on a rampage when she's killed. It makes sense.

17. Defensor

Defensor Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 23, 2015
    Palpatine and Mas Amedda. Jokes aside, I`ve always thought Palpatine was so consumed by the Dark Side that he no longer has any interest on lovers or relationships.

I`ve also thought of Tarkin as a widower, as others have mentioned.

As for Bail, I also think of him as being widowed soon after ROTS, then starting a relationship with Mon Mothma.

I like the whole Knight Templars motif of the Jedi Order in the prequels, so they remain chaste. Don`t really care about Jedi relationships post-ROTS, as long as both Yoda and Obi-Wan are celibate.

Also, this:

Antlers likes this.
  18. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    In my head-canon Shaak Ti and Darth Plagueis are a couple just for the night before the night when Sidious kills Plagueis. He didn't reveal his Sith-identity to her but mentions his intention to create a clone-army to aid the Jedi on their missions. So the risk for Shaak Ti to loose another padawan shortly after being knighted could be minimized, Plagueis promised to her. Years later Yoda tells Shaak Ti that the formerly existing Damask Holdings financed the lion's share of the newly discovered clone army. Thats why Shaak Ti cares so much for the clones that Yoda makes her responsible for the health and the training of the clones on Kamino. And in her eagerness to foster Hego Damask 's heritage, she's blind and ignorant of Fives ' discovery of the Sith-conspiracy to abolish the Jedi.

Jedi-Youngling Ashla from the Bear-clan is Plagueis ' and Shaak Ti's daughter, especially concerning the pale look of Lego-Ashla in the Lego-mini-series "The Yoda-Chronicles".

19. Sith_Smuggler

Sith_Smuggler Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 9, 2016
    I've definitely read a lot of fanfiction with all sorts of pairings. Somehow when I read fanfiction, I always prefer to read something that isn't canon as in the movies. And I read some uh...interesting stuff with uh, interesting pairings. [face_devil]

Yes, I'm one of "those" fans.

Hehe, all you lot on here with your imagined pairings are so innocent compared to the stuff found on the likes of tumblr or any fanfiction website. Pairings over there will probably require you all to bleach your brains.

I mean for example, you have your more "normal" stuff like Obi-Wan/Padme or Lando/Leia or Poe/Finn and then you have your more acquired tastes like Han/Luke or Anakin/Obi-Wan or Kylo-Ren/Rey; then you have your seriously horrible stuff like Palpatine/Anakin or Jar-Jar/Padme or Luke/Leia or something. Yes, they exist. Yes, they're horrible.

Moving on...

But yeah, some people mentioned Palpatine having a secret admirer...yes, I can see it. After all, he was seemingly a nice older man during his earlier time in office so it doesn't seem too far fetched to imagine him grabbing the attention of some poor lass. Personally I don't believe that Palpy ever engaged in anything physical. He's too much in love with the Dark Side to care about other trivial matters :p

Now Tarkin, I would love to see some reference made to a wife who passed. I think that would fit well with his character! His beloved wife's passing making him into a bitter, sinister older man who became the way he is because he simply could not get on without her. I think she ought to look similar to Leia as well, considering Tarkin seemed a bit attracted to Leia in Episode 4.

Valency Jane and Darth Dreadwar like this.
  20. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    This thread again. :p

Yes, I do. But I use all media forms, not just the films. I also make up spouses and SOs for the people I think would have one. Although I have the people who I just imagine being bachelor(ette)s, too. I like when romance in SW is subtle and no more than a subplot, for the most part.

And none of my 'pairings' are Firmus and Kendal. That gif gets me every time though. [face_laugh]

Darth Dreadwar and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Just don't go into the Lit board, then, and explore some of the interesting pairings suggested by a certain user who is also now an SW author... [face_sick]

Nehru_Amidala and Admiral Volshe like this.
  22. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    You should have seen the old "Worst Fanfic Ever" thread on the temp boards.

Some of my posts I'm not proud of.
    Some of the others...I was worried about. :p

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  23. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    I don't like going into explicit stuff or romance as the only focus.

But I like having relationships/love story as part of stories/plot. I don't like far-fectched pairings/gross stuff like I see in the Potter fandom.

But I realize not everyone character needs/should have a pairing.
    Like Palpatine and Jabba.

24. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Well, as long as they stayed away from things too family-friendly ([face_sick]) to, ironically, be talked about in this family friendly forum, I think I can handle it. :p

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  25. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    It wasn't really un-friendly, just really bizarre. If anyone wants to stop reading for whatever reason, I recommend it. :p

Nute Gunray & Mitt Romney was probably the crowning achievement of that thread. Half of us were laughing, the rest were highly disturbed. I think Padmé was somehow involved, too. :p

Then there was Tarkin and all the Handmaidens. (I titled that one Tarkin: A New Hope). Palpatine and...basically... anyone. (Though I do like Ysanne Isard :p ), there were a couple involving Wat Tambor, and I do believe San Hill was mentioned either here or in that very same thread.

I think Palpatine could. Jabba, definitely not.

Darth Dreadwar and Ewok Poet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.