Victoria. BC Do You Know Any 'BEHIND THE SCENES' SNIPPETS - Old or New Trilogy

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by haruwindsong, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    When the DVDs comes out, check the throne room scene in JEDI at the point shortly after Luke has severed DV's hand. The Emperor has just 'zapped' Luke for the first time and pauses to gloat. Look over the Emperor's left shoulder at the top of the stairs. If the picture is clear enough you should see someone dressed all in black step out and place their hands on their hips (you will only see them from the waist down).
    In L.A. in 1986 Maureen put me in charge of looking after Richard Marquand (bless her for her degree of trust), so I had the chance to ask him about it. Richard turned red. You guessed it. When I asked why, his response was to the effect that dressed in black he shouldn't have been visible!
    Bad enough I picked him out on screen. He was even more embarassed when I told him Maria, my (at the time) nine year old daughter had spotted Oola popping out of her costume.
    L.A.'s WorldCon that year was Richard's first (and I believe only) close encounter of the fan kind so he was astonished with how perceptive the fans were.
  2. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Were you aware that in NEW HOPE almost all of the stormtroopers were women --- albeit fairly tall women, but under six feet. The one guy behind the mask was the one who bashed his head on the gantry room door!
  3. DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Knight

star 1
    In AOTC as Obi-Wan and Anakin are pursuing Dooku the pilot of the gunship stated that they were "out of rockets" but you can see a roe of them on the wing in the background as Anakin and Obi-Wan are yelling at each other!
    I base this fact on the toy because the instruction sheet clearly describes them as missles-or rockets if you will. None the less they could have been fired off and caused some damage.

Dave
  4. DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Knight

star 1
    Im sure this is a well known fact to some but in ESB as the imperial officer is leading the stormtroopers to Boba Fett's ship the imperial officer is actually played by Jeremy Bulloch because the actor who was supposed to portray the officer was sick that day.

Dave
  5. DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Knight

star 1
    This is more of a question I would think but during the Lightsaber duel in the desert of TPM towards the end of the dual we see Qui-Gon jump onto the ramp of the starcruiser and then in the next cut we see Maul appear to be landing on the ground and powering down his saber.
    I would love to know why we can't see the actual shot of Maul & Qui-Gon continuing their brief dual on the platform.
    MAUL ROCKS!!!!

Dave
  6. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    In ROTJ, Luke's glove travels from his right hand to his left and back again in the speederbike chase.

When the Imps capture Han's group at the bunker, the driver of the Scout Walker clearly seen standing in the top hatch is actually Richard Marquand.

And later, when the Ewoks get into a scout walker, they are actually stomping on Richard Marquand and Robert Watts.
  7. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Reference your question on the duel---it all breaks down to timing and editing. Trust me. If George put TOO much into the dueling you'd very quickly tire of it. Look at the MATRIX. Those fight sequences went on W--A--Y too long.
  8. Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    That is all a matter of opinion. As a fan of Kill Bill, I can tell you that choreographed fight scenes being the majority of a movie can still make a good movie.
  9. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Personal opinion, but as a professional author I can tell you most writers will admit that if the fight scene runs more than five minutes, your script has a problem. The same applies to throwing in gratuitous sex scenes. These turn into 'filler' aimed at a small percentage of the audience. The rest of us are unimpressed.

Now the Bourne movies show you how it should be done. A short, incredibly intense five minutes, followed by movement, character interplay, setting and plot, followed by more incredibly intense action.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.