Do you know who the Gonk Knights are?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by howlrunner22, Feb 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [Red3] Jedi Knight

star 2
    For a thousand (oh, well, maybe not) generations the Gonk knights were guardians of alcohol and debaucery in the galaxy. They are now all but extinct.

This redface.gif s!
  2. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    An ancent race that went extinct, I am currently reading the Gonk stories.
    Poor cantina loving knights, they always mooch off the HoJo anyway at the Howard Johnson.
  3. iamurme2 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The few... the proud... the Gonk.

With the new folks around (and about 30 to 50 new N.E.W.B.I.E. threads started daily), I don't think we'll ever see a group as memorable as the Gonks.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Their fire has gone out of the universe. You are all that's left of their religon.

Do not underestimate the power of the Gonk.

Don't try to frighten us with your sourcerer's ways, lord Red (he's the last Gonk to have posted). Your sad devotion to that antient religon hasn't given you the ability to conjur up some way to stop the KJA fans from posting. Or given you clairvoance enough to keep the N.E.W.B.I.E.s at bay... *gak*...

I find your lack of Gonk disturbing.

*sigh* If only the N.E.W.B.I.E. threat could be handled so effortlessly.
  4. Meave_Antilles Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know who are the Gonks are, of course this is more from being a Groupie but I'm more of the hands on kind of Groupie, if you know what I mean. *weg*
  5. MON CAL WARRIOR Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Tellesto Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, so the Gonks are cool and it is sad they can't remain in this forum any more.
    They have the one simple answer for this forums problem, fun.
    The stories where silly and imaginative, something that people complain has gone out of this place.
    Perhaps all we really need to do is look to the Gonks, and hope for their retun.
  7. Steven Randolph Jedi Knight

God I am so tired of a million ppl joining the JC everyday and thinking they can write. I mean, they don't even get their feet wet, they just jump in and start new threads-almost invariably about Obi-Wan/Gui-Gon-and if a decent thread comes up, it just gets thrown back to the fifth page.

Just thought I'd vent. sorry.

~Steven Randolph~
  8. MON CAL WARRIOR Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds like what you did Steven.
  9. Ishi Tib Jedi Knight

star 2
    Steven Randolph, you just need to simmah don nah! Simmah don!

But seriously, all you idjit newbies need to just shut the **** up and leave the writing to the real men. Dumb asses. You all make me ****ing sick! I want to vomit when I read some of the stuff in here.
  10. Jan lo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Kudos to the HoJo posters who know who the Gonks are - even the newest! The Gonks are a light in a time of darkness, a ray of hope in the fog of despair, a cold beer in a steamy party...
  11. FLEANATION_PRODUCTIONS 55 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Take a look at the upcoming film from Fleanation Productions in this screen shot:
    http://members.xoom.com/FLEANATION/test.gif http://members.xoom.com/FLEANATION/test.gif

The trailer is coming soon.
  12. Darth Milarc Jedi Master

star 4
    um, all I get is a picture that says "Xoom"

That it?

Jeff V.
    Writer/Director/Visual Effects Supervisor
    "Dark Jedi"
  13. FLEANATION_PRODUCTIONS 55 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sorry about that

apparently it's against xoom's tos to look at their graphics from outside servers.

try this: http://members.xoom.com/FLEANATION/ http://members.xoom.com/FLEANATION/

then click on test.gif
  14. The_Scream_Man Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Much better. Nice shot too. Liuked the ship.
  15. The Jedi Apprentice Jedi Master

star 4
  16. Flamberge Jedi Knight

star 1
    What was that made in? Kind of looks like Bryce 3D
  17. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    This forum needs more Gonk (ignore the last few posts that were from another thread).
  18. Jedi Kylenn Jedi Master

star 4
  19. Lilith Demodae Force Ghost

star 4
    I wasn't a gonk, I was a HoJo, but I think you gusy should revive and keep the tradition going.
  20. Doikk Nots Jedi Knight

star 1
    Doikk stood on a soap box, wearing his best suit and shirt with a bright tie. He stood with a cordless microphone in his hand. He raised his hands for silence. A hush poured over the crowd of gatherers. All went silent.

<is this thing on?>
    <loud feedback>
    <Oh... okay. *ahem*>

_____"TODAY... um... today, was a day never to be forgotten by those who do not forget important things! For those of us who have trouble locating our car keys on a daily basis... now there's a different story! THEY may not so easily recall the things they have a hard time remembering in the first place! I mean... there are lifeforms that only remember things for about TEN seconds! And then they don't remember anything anymore, like a goldfish.
    _____"IF a goldfish were swimming... floating happily in its little glass bowl with a little plastic castle to swim around, swimming around and around, and somehow, for a single instant... the little fish views the World Trade Center and watches its collapse before its tiny, sparkling eyes... and for an instant... just an instant..." Doikk pinched his fingers together to illustrate what an instant might look like if it were between his fingertips, "And fathoms the immenstiy of such a tragedy, and wonders what the possible ramifications of such an event might be. Then, the innocent, cold-blooded, golden ichthoid will swim around and around again, and forget the previous instant, rediscover the castle in the middle of the bowl... 'Oooh look! A castle in the middle of a bowl!' It thinks, and so on and so forth! Never to... um... never to..."
    _____Doikk looked down at the ground, "Uuh... never... um... and in conclusion... the end... thank you." Doikk looked down at his blue suede shoes. He smoothly put on a pair of dark, reflective sunglasses, turned off the mic, and stepped off his little wooden soap box.

[There was massive applause and cheering.]
  21. Herman Snerd Force Ghost

star 6
  22. EMPRESS Jedi Knight

star 3
  23. MisterPrezidente Jedi Padawan

Doikk, I think you're saying in part that humanity must learn to forgive and forget. We must place our pride, prejudice, and vanity in check for one moment. Direct our empathy, prayers, and support toward the people in New York around the World Trade Center, and elsewhere, right now who are suffering from this terrible incident. Overall, none may escape unaffected by this tragedy, though some will casually shrug their shoulders at the event or simply gape in disbelief, then swim away. - a thought to be pondered.

[applause]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.