main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you like force ghosts?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by poker, Apr 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poker

poker Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2005
    Really, its one thing I don't like in Star Wars.

First, they just pop up randomly from time to time. It annoys me.

They look ... strange. They are ghost, but they seem to still be a part of the physical environnement... Like when Obi Wan sits on the fallen tree in ROTJ.

I feel only a voice would have been better. It would help keep more mystery around the death of Jedi.

It gives Star Wars too much of a "religious" aspect.

I have no problem with Kenobi and Yoda becoming one with the force when they die. I just don't like to see them after... ;)

I'm probably alone with this opinion, anyway...

2. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    I hope I become a Force Ghost one day...

3. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    "It gives Star Wars too much of a "religious" aspect."

Religious aspect? That is the foundation for all the films. Mythology, religion and history. Those are the pillars which support the stories, the inspiration for it all. The Force, the Jedi, it is all a type of religion. It is mystical and mysterious.

Anyway I don't have a problem with them. Star Wars is a type of fantasy. In the mythic archtypes, the guide usually dies and then later returns in a different form. That is what Obi-Wan did and to a lesser extent Qui-Gon Jinn.

Ghosts are common in many stories, especially myths. They are evident in Shakespeare's Hamlet as well as the Greek and Roman mythology. There is really nothing wrong with it. Star Wars after all is a spiritual story, while being other things as well it is impossible to ignore the religious side of things.

-Seldon

4. Annadalla

Annadalla Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    HA HA HA HA...me too JediMasterGuff! LOL

I always wanted MORE of the Force Ghosts...like I always wanted Anakin and Luke to have convos EU with Anakin via Ghost form...of course, in the fanfics I'm writing..this happens..LOL but that's a different story..

5. ClonedEmperor

ClonedEmperor Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2005
    luke and anakin had a conversation in the marvel comic the dream, however vader still was in the form of the mechanical sith lord i believe

6. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    well I never met one so hard to say.

but yes I do like the idea of the force ghosts. kinda gives you hope in the real world too.

7. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    I always wondered if Luke and Anakin (force ghost) ever spoke. I know Obi Wan did from time to time. He eventually told Luke he was losing his ability to retain his identity in the Force and bid him farewell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.