main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you like Jar Jar Binks or hate him?:)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by AnakinSkywalkerFan_, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnakinSkywalkerFan_

AnakinSkywalkerFan_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    Jar jar Binks binks is like a wonderful character!!!! he is so funny and humourous!!!Why would ppl hate him?? he is really cool!!!

Strilo edit: We have plenty of these threads already.

2. Azhrei

Azhrei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2004
    People can take only so much slapstick in a Star Wars film. I don't mind the character myself - I like him and really think he's funny (in an overdone, obvious way).

If he had less screentime people might find him more acceptable, but as it is, he grates on people's nerves. When you're watching two Jedi battle a Sith Lord, you don't want to see a floppy eared goon dancing around battle droids, destroying them through accidents.

I think it's so tragic, though, that it was Jar-Jar that helped bring the downfall of the Republic, with the vote for supreme powers on behalf of the Chancellor. The Clone Wars were started by the most innocent creature in the galaxy.

3. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    For most of the movie,I realy don't mind Jar Jar.
    But in the battle there are really some annoying moments like "Dumb Dwoid" or smashing his nuts on a cannon.

I liked the more less crazy role he had in EP2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.