main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Do you like scary movies?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Edric-the-grey, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Edric-the-grey

Edric-the-grey Jedi Youngling star 2

May 28, 2003
    Hi, all. With the coming of October and the tremendous success of Underworld (Way to go, Kate!!!!!) I thought that it might be kind of fun to post a scariest movie poll. I consider Underworld exempt from this poll as it is setting up a new Gothic Sub-Genre Franchise and is at a different level of greatness, much like Star Wars and my other favorite Sci-Fi Franchise are in their own areas of greatness and thusly are not comparable to others. But, I digress. To start off what I am sure will be a wild, wacky, and fun-filled poll, I will list the movie that I think is the scariest movie human kind has ever made and is so scary I can't watch it. Actually, there are two. It is a tie between (drum roll please).....

The Secret of My Success

and

Wallstreet.

I'm going to have nightmares just typing the names.

Have fun,

Edric

2. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    My pooch, Molly, asked me to post for her. Molly believes that the scariest movie is:

.....is actually any commercial that features a vacuum cleaner. For some reason, my fearless pooch does not like vacuums.

TA TA,

Edric

3. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Well let's see...

I don't like slasher movies, and some suspense movies are too over the top. I liked "Signs" and the other Shyamalan flicks.

Has anyone out there seen "The Last House on The Left?" If you have you'll know why it wins my award for stupidest scary movie ever.

I think we'll all also agree that "The Voyage Home" was EXTREMELY scary in its own way...8-}

4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Some fanfilms are pretty scary that someone actually came up with that stuff. :p

5. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    WedgesOtherNephew:

Ha Ha Hardy Har Har. :) I actually thought the Anakin confeses his love for Padme scene was pretty scary in AOTC :)

In all seriousness (? here?!?!?!?) Has anyone ever seen "Prince of Darkness" by John Carpenter (which I am still looking for on DVD with no success). That movie creeps me out is soooo many way. The first time I saw it was at midnight about 15 years ago in total darkness (well, except for the TV). I was too scared to get up and turn the lights on. That music, to this day, zoinks!

Later,

Edric

6. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Edric that movie comes out on DVD october 7th I have a link if you want it

7. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I feel deprived of scary movies since I never go see them in theatres and only rent on occasions.

When I was really young E.T. scared me more than anything else in the world.

8. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003

Lord Skywalker:

OHHHHHHHH yes, I'd like the link! There's this new girl (for real) that I like who may need to see this movie with a dashing, ruggedly handsome, and brave man like me :)

Edric

9. Lord_Skywalker

Lord_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Here it is

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AOX0A/qid=1064706379/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/102-1149662-4321704?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846

sorry I couldn't get the link to work right so just copy and paste

Hey Cole Alien the director's cut is going to be in theatre's again on 10/31/03

10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Ugh, that's a long ass link :p

11. Edric-the-grey

May 28, 2003
    Lord Skywalker,

Thanks a bundle for the link. I think we should do a follow up to the movie. Only, this one would be a bunch of Science Fiction Fans stuck in Barnes and Noble on a Tuesday night being harassed by zombies. Yeah, an idea is forming. Then, by some magic, we are all turned into Jedi and what have you and have to save the store from the zombies. Also, we'd have to have a love interest in the picture, for my character of course. I wonder what Kates doing now that Underworld is making lots of money?????

Peace,

Edirc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.