main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Do you like the PT more then OT?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by palpiscloneofdarth, May 19, 2003.

?

Do you like the PT more then OT?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. PT

13.3%
  2. OT

60.0%
  3. Both

26.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. palpiscloneofdarth

palpiscloneofdarth Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2003
  2. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    PT owns obi is not an oldman, Ani is a jedi, more Palpy for your $ and Jango/Zam. as well as Ep#3. Which is going to be the bestever.

3. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    I like the OT better... it's just a classic and I don't think the PT can top it, even if the PT is awesome. ;) Alison would vote for OT, but she's locked up in the JC Big Brother House right now and can't post in any other forums. :p

4. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    I was wondering why I hadn't seen her post in a while.

Edit: Odd usage of words...

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    PT? OT? HUH?!!!!

6. palpiscloneofdarth

May 4, 2003
    ummmm Ani is not a Jedi my bad hes a slave, then a padi, he may be a Jedi in 3. Ben calls Darth Vader a Jedi in ANH. He also says that vader was his padi. so Ani my be a Jedi in ep3 before he is a sith lord. Vader as we know him my not be around in #3 he may look differnt. Ani will have most screen time 95 % I gess vs vader time 5 % (anyone know about this I saw GL saying something like this). hmmmm Boba does rocks in the ESB and looks cool in ROTJ, but he dies so badly it is sad. Both him and his father were offed by Jedi. In very weak ways to, but I am sure all of you know all this. I hope they have a musical # like in ROTJ in # 3. If I am wrong about any of this stuff tell me.

7. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Just a couple points of interest:

1 - Boba Fett was NOT killed by a Jedi - he was killed by Han Solo when the rifle Han is holding hits Fett's Jet Pack and sends him flying out of control

2 - Luke was a wuss anyways - so in my opinion he isn't a real Jedi

3 - Jango was killed in such a stupid way by a Jedi that thinks he is all that but really just got lucky (another one of those Jet Pack malfunctions)

4 - Jeff - PT (Prequel Trilogy), OT (Original Trilogy)

Now as far as Ep 3 goes - Obi and Anakin will fight, Padme will have the twins, Ani will turn to the dark side, and (hopefully) Mace Windu will get offed (he deserves it)

And whatever you do - don't get me started on the Lightsaber Continuity Fiasco!

8. DARKSIDER03

DARKSIDER03 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2003
    hmm...
    That's a tough one. I can't really say that I
    like one trilogy better than the other. Although, because as a child I grew up with the original, I may be partial to that.

But both really have their pros & cons.

The original (arguble or not) had much much better acting in it. Atleast as far as the main characters go. Han(Harrison Ford), Leia(Carrie Fisher), Alec Guiness(Obi-Wan), Peter Cushing(Tarkin), and even Luke(Mark Hamill). Plus who could forget the unforgettable voice of Vader(James Earl Jones). Plus Ian McDiramid(The Emperor).

Also, The "Story" itself in the original trilogy had much more MYSTERY (unknown history) involved in it. Which made it alot more intriging / interesting.

Plus, the films were more "Fluent" in how they moved along as you watch them.

Probably, (and arguably) the worst thing of the original trilogy was the ewoks in the last film. Although, that is just popular opinion because I actually liked them, even though they are a bit silly.

I geuss it is sort of like Jar Jar & the Gungans in the prequels. They are really too silly compared to the rest of the more serious stuff in the films. But I still like them anyhow.

As far as the prequels go:
    The best actors are Ian McDirmid(Palps),
    Liam Neeson(Qui-Gon), Ewan McGregor(Obi-Wan- especially in Ep-2), and Christopher Lee(Count Dooku). Don't get me wrong, I still like the others- Padme' & Ani... But they still don't do it like the Luke & Leia or Han of the Originals. I like Hayden & Natalie alot. But they are in certain "acting" ways-
    a bit less MATURE than the acting of Fisher and Hamill/Harrison in the original.

I guess the Story flow in the originals, combined with it's acting and originality-
    make it more interesting. Especially because of the Mystery of certain things. The story itself is just alltogether put together better in plot and substence.

But the Prequels have their Pros as well:
    They are Superior in Special Effects and the amount of content which can be visualized in the films. Helping to make a Superior Space Fantasy "LOOK". Which is what disapointed Lucas about the originals. But it seems that some "Acting" is not as good in the prequels. But still, they tell the tales everyone always wanted to know about the back story of the saga and all Origins of the Characters. Plus how it all happened.

So really, it's a TOSS UP !!! I just LOVE the whole damn SAGA!!

The real question is:
    What film in all of them is the best?

I couldn't decide totally, so I picked 2 catagories. With 1 film in each catagory.

They are-
    Film with:
    Best Story/Plot line and Direction: *Empire Strikes Back*

Film with:
    Best Special Effects/Battle Scenes & Chases:
    *Attack of the Clones*

I have 1 complaint about Attack of the Clones though.
    The final part of the lightsaber battle between Count Dooku & Anakin should have been longer. I would Not change how Dooku bests Ani. But it should have taken him much more effort. Dooku should have been more surprized by Anakin's "unusually good" Skills. Other than that, the rest of it was good. ObiWan was ok and Yoda was great.
    But Anakin should have been alot stronger in that battle before getting beat. Especially, if he is all of a sudden a super-bad ass in up-coming Ep-3! Will Ep-3 meet our expectations??
    It's going to be tough!!! It needs to be SUPER-DARK. Just like the Empire Strikes Back. If not, it will really disapoint me. Padme' should die (even though I will be sad). Ani should become a real bad-ass!!!
    Dooku will be killed and Papatine should finally show his true colors to us! Plus,
    just as it was always said before; all the jedi (except Yoda & Obi-Wan) should be killed!! finally, in the ending: Vader should emerge within atleast the last few minutes of the film(w/James Earl Jones's Voice). Leaving only a small glimmer of hope with the 2 twins (Luke & Leia) being wisked off to safety in separation. Who we know we will see again in original Ep-4 all grown up. Other than that "hope", Ep-3 had best be Super-Bad Ass Dark!!!! Or I'm going to be pissed!

9. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    No doubt Ep 3 will be dark as hell........but the question needs to be asked "how many Jedi actually survive?"

Here is some food for thought:

1 - Yoda is "hiding" on Dagobah. Obi is "watching over" Luke as he is growing up, kind of protecting should Vader and Palpatine ever come looking. Who is watching over Leia. My theory (mind you that is all it is) is that a Jedi protector, as much as loath the idea - I am betting it is Mace Windu, will be sent to Alderann to watch over and protect Leia, and since the planet gets destroyed it is a convenient excuse as to why her protector was killed.

2 - Think about this - the cave that Luke goes into is strong with the dark side of the force, which begs the question, why? Another theory of mine is that Yoda fought and beat a Sith in that cave and the essence from the spirit remains (kind of a weak theory but who is to say that Dooku or some other Sith didn't come looking for Yoda and get a whoopin?)

3 - Anakin has to know that his wife is pregnant - come on how could he not know? Even if Palpatine and the Jedi hide Padme from him and keep them apart, he still has to know something is up.

4 - There is approx 3 years between Ep 2 and 3. Anakin is going to get ALOT of experience in that span of time and I am betting that the war is going to harden the boy a little bit.

5 - Anakin and Obi are gonna fight - that is a fact. That should be (should being the key word) one of the best Lightsaber fights you will ever see. Now I am not saying that all the other fights we have seen have sucked (my fav being the Obi vs Maul battle) but if the story is done right, those other battles won't be able to hold a candle to the Anakin vs Obi battle.

Now you want to talk dark - try this theory on for size - I do not believe Palpatine and Sideous are the same person. There is too much going on simultaneously for them to be the same person, proof of this (in my opinion) is at the end of the Ep 1 novel you have Palpatine standing at Qui Gon's funeral while Sideous is simultaneously standing on a balcony on Coruscant - coincidence? I am sticking with the theory that Palpi is a clone of DS, this way the Sith remain "hidden" while Palpatine twists the senate into chaos. I think we are going to see a battle between DS and Dooku vs Palpi and Anakin/Vader - both sides are one master one apprentice so it makes sense. Now we know who will win that battle, don't we?

Now as a last note - I hope all the useless, stupid species that good old Uncle George has dreamed up get wasted - will it happen? Nope. Why? cause he is trying to appeal to the larger audience and kids need something to keep their interest. Personally I hate ewoks, jawas, and gungans but who am I - it is his creation. I mean the droids are bad enough as "comic releif".........

10. DARKSIDER03

Jan 17, 2003
    I agree about the Ani/Obi Wan Battle.
    It should be the best.

But as far as a Jedi Protector for baby Leia(Mace Windu survives), I am not sure.
    hmm... No, actually- I don't think so.
    It is possible. But I say no. I don't think it will happen. Example: In Ep-4, why does Imperial Senator Princess Leia Organa of the planet Alderaan plead for help in R2-d2's message- ONLY/Specifically to the Jedi- Obi-Wan Kenobi... ? She refers to him as "General Kenobi" who helped her father in the Clone Wars. Now, the father she is refering to is of course her adoptive father: "Bail Organa" of Alderaan.
    If Mace also resides on Alderaan, why does she not know to ask of his help?? It is possible that it is secret and she does not know of him, even though he watches over her. But I don't think so. More importantly, why does Mace allow her to travel the galaxy without his protection???

I beleive that though Anakin must (you would think) know that Padme' gives birth to his child before she dies.(I asssume her death)
    Anakin does NOT nessessarily know that it was more than one child. In Return of the Jedi: Obi Wan's spirit tells Luke that the "other" Yoda spoke of to him was his twin sister. "To protect you both, you were hidden from your father". "The emperor knew as well as I, that if Anikin were to have any offspring; they would be a threat to him."

Now as we know, while "Ben"Obi-Wan ran to hiding/watching over Luke, he must have previously & secretly entrusted Bail Organa with the other unknown child. Or it is possible that Padme' during the war goes into safe hiding with the Organa family(Bail)
    and after her death (which occurs somewhere else) Bail is automatically entrusted as the "father" of the "Secret" child(Leia). Except for Bail, Only Obi-Wan and Yoda know of the other "Secret" child(Leia). So, there was NEVER any need for any special protection for Leia (openly in public that is) because No one would have ever expected her to be the child of the "Chosen One". The other baby (LUKE), is the only one known of by a few others and that is also why Obi-Wan hides him in a place he knows Anakin would probably never return to. Plus it why Obi-Wan watches over him more then Leia since Luke is known to exist(somewhere). Vader could try to look for him and not for Leia.
    The fact that Vader does not sense(with the Force) Leia to be his daughter in Ep-4 is simply explained by the fact that there is not much to sense since Leia herself does NOT YET realize it. Not until much later. After knowing Luke for so long. She finally "knows" it in Return of the Jedi.
    So, the Mace theory, I cannot agree with.
    I see Mace Windu dieing in Ep-3. Though he will die Valiantly I'm sure.

Now the other theory,

Darth Sideous/Papatine acctually Sith Clones of eachother?? Whoa!!! That could be a stretch.. But you know what, I LIKE IT!!!
    It fits with the ERA of CLONES as well. It's possible. COOL at any rate.

If it happens, my hands will be off to you!!
    Good thought!!!!!

By the way, should a "Spirit" of Qui-Gon
    appear in Ep-3 ????
    I think so. His VOICE does in Ep-2 film and the book. So, why not in person in the final film?? I hope it happens.

Also, heres a whacko theory-

What if for certain reasons(Pride, Embarassment, whatever-), SHMI(Anakins MOM)
    never told anyone the truth about Anakins conception. What if she was ashamed of her wonderful sons EVIL father. What if Qui-Gon's Midi-Chlorians theory is wrong. What if none other than Count Dooku is Anakin's Father!!! Afterall, he had a history of before and after the time of Ep-1, of disapearing from the Jedi for awhile. What if it is Dooku and Ep-3 has an "Empire Strikes" like moment!! Afterall, is it not strange that none other than Dooku's former apprentice("Qui-Gon") is the person who discovered Anakin!!????? Hmmm.......
    Did Dooku sense that maybe someday Qui-Gon would find his son(Anakin) before (Qui-Gon)died??? Hmmmm...........

11. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    A friendly debate - I like it!!

I have a problem with the "Anakin is the chosen one" theory - here is why - While Anakin is supposedly going to bring balance to the force, he never really does until ROTJ, that is when he dies and his son is the last Jedi (I wouldn't even call him that) left and now has to train a new order of Jedi.

I am in agreeance that the Jedi Protector theory I have is a stretch, but a logical stretch. I agree that Leia wouldn't be allowed to romp around the galaxy without protection but she is in the care of the senate and has diplomatic status if you will. I mean she was actually guarded on that ship, granted they were beat real easy by the Stormtroopers Vader sent in. Now I am not saying that Mace will be her protector (and as a side note, I hope he gets punked as bad as Jango did) but I really think she will have some kind of protection, be it secret or otherwise. At that point any Jedi left are in hiding so the death squads don't come to kill them, there is not a Jedi alive who is not afraid of Vader, or so we are led to believe. Remember this, Leia has some memories of her real mother, she admits that to Luke in ROTJ, so Padme has to be on Alderann with her, at least for a short time. Maybe the Jedi is there to protect Padme directly and Leia secondary. I just think that Anakin would go looking for Padme and she is going to need to hide and be protected (did you see the Queen/Padme thing flash back to you?), maybe she will pose as a Nanny for Leia. I really think the Jedi will have to keep his/her identity a secret so that everyone thinks the Jedi are extinct, otherwise Vader and the boys will be comming for them, that is why Leia looks for Obi Wan (who supposedly fought with Bail in the Clone Wars) and not another Jedi.

I can honestly say that you cannot put too much stock into what Obi Wan says. He lied about Luke's dad, he neglected to tell Luke about his sister, and he gets into way too many bar fights.....old drunk hermit.....

Now I think that Vader not knowing about his child/children is a crock, I think he knew (at least about Luke) and decided to keep that little secret to himself in order to protect his child/children from Palpatine. It is kind of that parent trying to protect their child from all the bad stuff they did. I am not sure how this will play out but he may find out, about his son at least, from Padme herself. She may use it as a scare tactic or bargaining tool to try and bring her husband back to the light side of the force and to her. Anakin will be too pissed at the Jedi (Obi Wan in particular) for holding him back in his training, taking him away from his mother and letting her die without Anakin going to see her, for taking his wife away from him, and for making him fight the Clone Wars. Basically he will be bitter and want his revenge, Palpatine is going to be the person wispering in his ear about all the reasons he should hate and destroy the Jedi.

Now the Spirit arguement, I don't know. The whole body disapearing and Jedi Spirit thing was suppose to be explained in Ep 2, but it wasn't. To tell you the truth I don't much care.

As far as Dooku being Anakin's dad - nope, I don't agree with that. If that happens then we will have to wait another 20+ years for Uncle George to tell us that Prequel Story - so I think it will be left alone. Remember, Uncle George always said that this was a story about Anakin told through the eyes of the droids (at least I remember something like that).

Anyone else care to jump in with theories???? Common it really is fun......

12. DARKSIDER03

Jan 17, 2003
    OK- I agree with everything about Anakin.
    I also think he will know of Luke(but not Leia).

Also, I don't really believe at all that Dooku is Ani's dad. Not at all. But it is an
    example of what would make a cool theory. It would put another shock'n'awe in the plot. Just like what was done in Empire. It could easily be explained in Ep-3 as well- in brief. Without needing anyother story.

Example: Rich & spoiled Dooku who hails from some Royal family(there is background on Dooku in different books)could have secretly at one time kept his own servants & slaves. It is common on the world he comes from. Though the Jedi would never allow such things. We know Dooku is prone to being some what of a renegade Jedi and had been often away from the Jedi order. Along with gradually becoming obcessed with the darkside
    and the ancient teachings of the Sith, Dooku also kept another dark secret. A slave(Shmi) he had once owned had become pregnant with his child.

To hide her(the child)and his terrible secret(of breaking several Jedi oaths); Dooku sold her into slavery elsewhere. She then became the property of the Hutts. Who later as we know, lost her in a game of chance to Watto. Dooku may have planned to return someday and look for her. To find his child that he could train as his apprentice. In the future- Together Anakin(his son) and himself would then turn on Dooku's Sith Master. They could kill him and rule the galaxy as father and son!

Ofcourse unexpectedly, his former padawan- Qui-Gon Jinn finds the boy by chance first(Ep-1). But later in Ep-2- Dooku utters to Obi-Wan: "I wish Qui-Gon were here" or "I wish he were still alive, I could have used his help." Dooku is obviously refering to his help in the cause of the clone wars. But he could also be secretly thinking about the boy(Anakin). He just wouldn't tell anyone about it.

Anyhow, in moving ahead to the End part of Ep-2 in the Hanger- Lightsaber battles:
    Notice that after realizing he will never trick or turn Obi-Wan, he then does plan on killing him -period!! BUT if you pay attention closely you will notice that he does NOT kill Anakin when he has the chance! Ani- saves Obi-Wan by blocking Dooku's death blow.
    But Dooku NEVER attempts a deathblow on Anakin! After he severs Ani's weopon arm, HE COULD HAVE MADE ONE LAST SLICE AND KILLED ANAKIN. But instead, he just sent him harmlessly across the room with a push of the force. Ani then just laid there knocked out and NOT dead. But very much still alive.

As far after battling Yoda, when Dooku blasts the crane down on the 2 Jedi...
    Well, that was exactly what it was and nothing more. It was JUST A DISTRACTION so he could escape. As he escaped, Dooku knew Yoda would save them. It just gave him enough time to beat it out of there. Anakin would still be left alive! Giving Dooku a future opportuinity under better surroundings and circumstances- to confront Ani and try to turn him to the darkside.

He would decieve Ani the same way DarthSidious/Papatine does- against the Jedi.
    But eventually the 2 of them (Dooku & Ani)could also turn on Sidious/Papatine and kill him. Leaving the 2 of them in charge of the galaxy. Just like Vader wanted to be with his son Luke in the lightsaber battle in Empire.

But ofcourse what could happen is that:
    Ani will never be swayed by Dooku. He will hate Dooku even more because of his mother.
    Darth Sidious/Palpatine would tempt Ani even more. He would turn him against the Jedi and convince him to kill Dooku as well. Dooku's plan would backfire on him and he would be killed by Ani in Ep-3 along the other Jedi that Ani will hate.

Anyhow, that's all FAKE and I know it won't happen. But you have to admit that it would be a shocking and real cool concept!!

13. DARKSIDER03

Jan 17, 2003
    One other thing I want to mention:

The DROIDS (C-3PO & R2-D2)

The whole Saga is told largely through their
    memory. But why is it that starting in original Ep-4, they don't remember anything about the Prequels??

I beleive to protect certain parties-
    that somewhere in the end of Ep-3 or between Ep-3 & Ep-4, that the Droids memories were erased by someone. This was done so they would not remember Anakin or possibly the children(Luke & Leia). It explains why R2 and especially C-3PO have NO memory of the Lars Moisture farm which they re-encounter in Ep-4. C-3PO also obviously doesn't know a certain Sith Lord named Vader actually made him!!

Also about Uncle OWEN LARS:
    Since he is human and it has been so many years- he has probably forgotten all about what those droids looked like. They were only with them for a short time- some odd twenty years ago. Humans can forget things. But the droids memories must have been erased. I also find it interesting that he wanted Luke to take the droids and have their memories erased (AGAIN!). He probably hoped to purge the R2 unit of it's "Obi-Wan" mission for Luke.

Also, notice that OWEN really has a concern for Luke's wish to leave. It stretches far beyond just losing his help on the farm.
    He especially dislikes the mention of "old Ben" (Obi-Wan)! Owen must know what happened to Anakin. Obi-Wan must have told him when he gave him Luke to raise. So, Owen must dislike the "Jedi" thing because he doesn't want the same thing to happen to his Luke, that happened to Anakin. That is why he lies to Luke and tries to protect him from the Jedi stuff. He must detest Obi-Wan because he doesn't want him to pull Luke into the same danger as the Jedi lost Anakin to. Some of this in OWEN, may come from respecting and loving his step-mom Shmi. Especially since Shmi would be Luke's Grandmother.

14. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    I definately agree with the droids memory being erased.

But as far as Owen not recognizing 3PO and R2 in ep 4, Owen probably forgot their designations (names). You have to figure that there are countless droids that look alike throughout the galaxy. I know the color was a bit different but there were 2 (that we say) Protocal droids on Leia's ship, 3PO and one that looked just like him.

I think there will definately be some kind of shock factor with ep 3, but I don't know about Anakin's father being that shock. I really think that that particular story will be left alone.

Owen (even though this wasn't written at the time) is Anakin's step brother, so I would bet (at least now) that his interest is keeping Luke from following in Anakin's footsteps. I agree that he will know what has happened to Anakin and that Anakin will not return to the farm, mostly because of his mother dying there. So, yea, Luke is being protected from ever becomming a Jedi by Owen, but we know how that will turn out........

I just wonder how many Jedi we will see being cut down by Anakin. If Uncle George has any sort of vision he will give most of the movie over to the fall of Anakin, watching Anakin cut down his former peers and friends. But that won't happen, that would be way too dark for kids.

The 1 thing I loved was the twist that Uncle George threw in on us - using Jar Jar to start the Clone Wars, brilliant twist to use a character that he loved and the majority of the SW fans hated to take the main fall............

If I have 2 wishes it is to see Mace Windu get killed and Anakin to kill Jar Jar, and for Uncle George to re-instill my love for the greatest bounty hunter of the OT - Boba Fett..........

15. DARKSIDER03

Jan 17, 2003
    I agree the Anakin's dad thing won't be featured. Actually, I still think that the midichlorians(as Qui-Gon said)actually made him in Shmi. So, just like the story says, Ani doesn't have a dad. But it's too bad because it would have been a much better plot line.

As far as Mace Windu dieing, He WILL DIE in my opinion. Who kills him is still unclear.
    But I feel that ALL the Jedi except 2(Obi-Wan & Yoda) should die in Ep-3. Dooku will also die and he will be fully replaced by Anakin as Palpatine's apprentice/partner.

I also feel the "Love Story" has a TRAGIC end with Padme' dieing as well. Something in this as well- causes Anakin to be pushed to the darkside even more. He may blame the Jedi for it happening as well.

I think that Boba Fett should also have an active part in Ep-3. In some way, he may hunt down some Jedi's for the new and growing Empire that is forming towards the end of the Clone Wars. I believe his "bounty's" may even be contracted by Anakin/Vader because if you notice, In Empire strikes Back: it seems quite apparent that Vader "knows" or has "worked" with Fett before.(sometime in the past) I say this because on the bridge of the Star destroyer- in Vader's meeting with all the bounty hunters; he specifically hones in on Boba Fett,points his finger at him and says to him "And NO Disintigrations!!" Hinting that Fett disintigrated certain foes in the past.

Anyhow, finally- Jar Jar.... hmmm....
    Unfortunetly, I think Jar Jar will remain alive. He will live through everything.
    It's great that we can blame his dumb ass for the clone wars!! But somehow I think that he will go on. George won't kill a character that is so silly and weak in some ways. It just would'nt look right on film.
    We'll just have to put up with him. it's ok I geuss. Occasionally he makes me laugh. I geuss George thinks it's cool to put certain things that are "OUT of PLACE" in his films.
    Even if they are a little to silly for the rest of the content. Anyhow, atleast we know his character is not important enough later to be needed for our "TREASURED" CLASSIC TRILOGY!

16. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    I have to disagree with all the Jedi dying in Ep 3 - there will be some left and they definately will be killed off between Ep 3 and 4.

I still stand by the fact that Leia knew her mother or remembered her - so Padme will live through the movie - they won't kill her off - then again, it would just be another continuity issue.

As far as Vader working with Fett - I don't know if it so much he worked with Fett or just knows his reputation.

I just hope that Ep 3 will be as dark as Uncle George leads on...........

17. DARKSIDER03

Jan 17, 2003
    I just remember that "Ben" Obi-Wan told Luke
    that "Now the Jedi are all but exstinct".
    It seems to me that we'll see Anakin do alot of this killing in Ep-3. Even before he becomes full Vader. He may even be "DArth Vader" before the "suit". The Suit may just come after the battle with Obi-Wan which ends up almost destroying him until he's rescued probably by Palpatine.

Some Jedi could live on to be killed later-
    between the films. But I think we should see it all in Ep-3. It seems to fit better. Also, remember that there may not be a whole ton of Jedi to kill anyhow. The clone wars may have taken there numbers way down temporarily. Which would aid the Sith in fighting them along with all the Empire's tremendously growing amount of military troops.

In the end of Ep-3 we'll see Yoda hide away to Dagobah and Obi-Wan to Tatooine. Another reason (along with protecting the "skywalker twins") -that I feel the other Jedi will all be gone.

It is also apparent that at one point in time the new "Empire" is in complete control of the galaxy- through the Emperor and the "Imperial Senate"-(a hold over from the old republic senate). It is some time after this point that a real "Rebellion" takes place. That is why Vader's hunting down of the Jedi (I believe) occurs mostly in Ep-3.
    The span between Ep-3 & Ep-4 is the Empire dealing with the new and growing "Rebellion".
    Which would all occur during the "dark times" as Obi-Wan put it. After the death of the Jedi's era.

Also, I feel Leia certainly will remember her mom Padme'. Just as she said in Return of the Jedi. But there are a couple ways of explaining this. #1(and most logical):
    As Leia's attunment to the force gradually grows,(awakening especially from being so close to Luke)she may be remembering Images from long ago that most children would not remember from such a young age. Luke may have already been separated from them. So he will not have any memories. Even through the force. #2: When does Padme' become pregnant?
    9 months before Ep-3? a Year before? 2 years before? More than that ??? That's the quetion. How long has Anakin been away from Padme' during the Clone Wars??? Everyone assumes that the twins are newborn infants. They certainly could be. But who is to say that they are not anything from months old to as much as 4 years old!! Luke could have been taken earlier. Who really knows... Remember this fact: Most children when they grow up, DON't REMEMBER stuff from 4 years old and prior. With the Force, Leia may remember some stuff because she was still with Padme' at some point.

The question is how many years are between Ep-2 & Ep-3? Many people think it's just couple(Like 2-3 tops). Which it could be.
    But it could also be as much as 4-5 years.
    No one knows when Padme' gets pregnant during the clone wars. The film could open up any amount of time after Ep-2. As little as 2 years or as much as five. No OFFICIAL confirmation has been made by LUCASFILM when the film occurs in the timeline. Logically it can't be too far away. But it has options. For example Padme' could become pregnant 2 years after their wedding. But Ani could be separated from her in a part of the War another year or 2 after that!
    There is lots of play there. They could set timeline for that stuff anywhere between a year to 5. Who knows...

Anyhow,
    I know one thing, we left off with Boba holding his dad's helmet to his face. Mourning him. He's around 12-14 in Ep-2.
    I hope there is enough of a span in time for us to see him put on the suit and hunt Jedi.
    Even if he's still a young teen-age bounty hunter!

I'm excited to see CHEWBACCA in Ep-3!!

And I wonder, Will we see Yoda(again) and
    Palpatine the Emperor in any wild fighting action !! ??????

18. DARKSIDER03

Jan 17, 2003
    One thing I forgot to mention:

Leia said that Padme' her mom died when she(leia)was very young.

Now, that means that Padme' herself(a young mom in her twentys)died when she(padme')was still young(in her twentys).

Most people don't die young. Unless ofcourse
    it was from a terrible thing that happened.
    Something must have "killed" her if she died young.

So, it could happen between the films. BUT-
    then it will be a complete MYSTERY as to how Padme' dies. That doesn't seem to make any sense to do it that way. Fans will then always wonder why and how...

That is why I believe,(whether it's a popular
    belief or not)that Padme' WILL DIE in Ep-3.

19. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Sorry - If Leia remembers her mother and Padme dies in Ep 3 - then that means the kids would have to be older than newborns

Padme will live through ep 3 - and so will some Jedi - after all there needs to be something for the writers to write about...........

20. DARKSIDER03

Jan 17, 2003
    The twins could be newborns or somewhat older. Leia could have her memories from Padme' from her time with her in Ep-3 and possible what we don't see from BEFORE Ep-3.
    Then Padme' may DIE in a tragic happening sometime before the end of the film. Leaving Bail Organa & his family caring for Leia.

I also believe that this will occur BEFORE
    the FATEFUL battle between Obi-Wan & Anakin.

Her death will be another thing Anakin will choose to blame the Jedi for.

Obi-Wan will hide Luke (the only child Ani thinks that he has) and Leia will be safe with Organa(as she is not known to Anakin at this time).

Luke also says that he has NO memory of his mother. "I never knew her"
    Therefore I think he may be taken from her at birth.

Possibilities:
    A jedi could appear with the child Luke(in the beginning of the film) hiding him.
    Is Luke taken to Tatooine earlier in the film or towards the end??]

Padme' could have already had them when Ep-3 opens up. Maybe there is a reason they took Luke and not Leia. Who knows...

Remember, don't always assume they are newborns. Like I said, they ARE young but no one knows for sure how young. Or when they are born. It could be between Ep-2 & 3 that they were born. If not in the film (Ep-3)itself.

Also, George Lucas himself, John Knoll,
    and Rick McCallum have all said that the LOVE STORY between Ani & Padme' is one of "TRAGEDY"! Many have described it as being much similar to that of Romeo & Juliet.
    In the fact that they will suffer, Also that
    there are things to keep them apart. Rules such as the Jedi Code(instead of families such as in Romeo & Juliet) and deception evil doings.(TEmptation and the Sith)
    Lucas said "They will suffer the consequences of their actions".
    Plus they said that their moving LOVE STORY will end in TRAGEDY. It is a "Tragic Love Story"

Trust me. Padme' I'm sure is going to DIE in Ep-3.
    Finishing her story in novels outside the films is weak. Especially since it does not fit with what Lucas has said in comparison to the Romeo & Juliet type thing.

But this is just my opinion. It does NOT mean that you are not correct.
    You sure could be Right.
    But I don't think so.

I'm basing my thoughts on what George has said on how he's making these prequels in general and then on how things look in the classics.

As far as the Jedi go though:
    Again you could be right.
    But I think they will be gone in Ep-3.

As far as Writing COMICS & NOVELS and what they would write about with the Jedi being gone? :

Whoa!! There is tons of stuff!!!
    Tons without the Jedi.
    Theyv'e been writing stuff about the time between Ep-3 and Ep-4 ever since 1977 Star Wars! Alot of it then was about young Luke or that Corellian Smuggler Han & Chewbacca.
    All of their early pre- rebel alliance days.

There is certainly tons of other characters
    and side stories for tons of novels. All of which don't need Jedi. Plus many that can be BEFORE even our classic heroes.

As a matter of fact it wasn't until Ep-1 or so that most stuff centered around JEDI characters. Whether it was pre-Ep-1 or after.

After Ep-3 and before Ep-4: We will be in an ERA in which Jedi for the most part-
    will NOT EXIST.

But there are plenty of stories in the STAR WARS GALAXY. Probably as many without Jedi as with them.

"There's still Rebels, Smugglers, Aliens, and all around GUYS WITH LASER GUNS!"
    GREAT SCI-FI STUFF.

You can only do so much JEDI...

At any rate, whatever happens:

The FORCE WILL STILL BE WITH US ALL!!

21. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    Greetings from New Jersey. :D

I like all the SW movies on a pretty consistent basis...and I look at the PT & OT as what they are...the whole story.

But I do put the movies in order of preference, per se....in their respective Trilogy's

22. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Dum Dum Dum...it is I the SW "Historian", hey I got a bachelors degree in History so I figure I can sweve it anyway I want to, here once again to add my own two cents in.

I honestly like both Trilogy's AND the Extended Universe. You can tell that good ole George has been trying to intertwine everything and to his credit thats a tough job. Star Wars has gone from being just a 6-movie saga to an entire subculture in American life. Being the information junkie that I am, I figure that everything I can get into my head is a good thing. Granted, some of the books, have not been exactly up to par with the movies but they are still part of that subculture.

Ok, Onto my personal points of interest after reading all of the postings.

1 - Jedi Survivors of the 'Purge'
    There are several documented cases, IN the books mind you, of Jedi who survive the Purge years. Some of them step over to the Dark Side under the Emperor's 'Dark Hands' program and become assassins while others take places in the Imperial Court as Executors or Overseers. Others go into hiding and are not found for years until The Jedi Academy book series and the Dark Empire/Palpatine Resurrection Series.

2 - The Cave on Dagobah
    Again documentation outside the actual movies tells us that the Emperor did indeed know the location of Yoda and sent a powerful Dark Jedi after him to stop him. Apparently Yoda and this Dark Jedi met in the cave and Yoda beat him down worse than a Jerry Springer episode leaving only the essence of evil in the cave. Maybe his bones are down there too I dunno

3 - The 'Jedi Protector' Scenario
    No Offense but I find this one VERY UNLIKELY. Considering how powerful Aldeeran was in the political scheme of the galaxy and I'm sure they had some kind of Imperial Presence there, it would have been difficult, it not impossible to have a Jedi living in plain view.

4 - Leia and Her Mother
    I'm honestly stumped how they are going to do this one. I do know that its said somewhere in the movies that Bail Organa is Leia's principle "father-figure" throughout her growin up time.

5 - Episode 3
    Its my honest opinion that I think Anakin will kill Dooku in cold blood allowing himself to fully fall to the Dark Side. Anakin and ObiWan will fight at that volcano. I think the twins will be born by the start of the movie. I'm hoping for a glimpse into the Purge and perhaps a look at a Young Tarkin.

23. DARKSIDER03

Jan 17, 2003
    Rogue squadron wing nut:
    Hi! I agree the most of what you said and
    thanks for siding with me (agreeing) on the issue of the "jedi protector". I don't feel that will happen either.

I will say one thing for the "expanded Universe" stuff:
    It's good. It's good stuff because it has helped Star Wars stay alive for a long time.
    Especially during the dry non-film periods.
    That is why George Lucas "ALLOWS" such expanded universe stuff to be written by others. It pays homage to his(George's)work and helps fans stay excited.

BUT- that does'nt mean that the Expanded Universe is all part of George's plan for the Star Wars story. As George has said himself before: There is the Story(or Saga)in these films that I am doing and then there is the world wide Star Wars Phenominon.
    The 2 are NOT always neccesarily the same thing.

So, I don't believe that George will alter any plans he has in the film- to fit with anything in the "Exapanded Universe" on purpose. I think as he's hinted before, that
    he has had a plan for the story long ago- and nothing in Star Wars's sub-culture is going to effect George's work.

Some simple things in the prequels themselves are proof of this. Some things in Ep-1 dealing with Jedi and the Boba Fett history in Ep-2 are great examples of things that just chewed up & spit out "Expanded Universe" theories...

There is definetly continuity problems between George's original "true" works and the authorized sub-culture of expanded universe.

This is because: Expanded universe is fun for fans. But George is NOT going to let it shape the path of his films. That's already been proven. With that said, I can say that I like the expanded universe stuff. It's the stuff of "FANDOM". But it's NOT neccesarily fully what the FILM-SAGA by George(the creator)is all about.

So, I don't know too much about this "purge" thing. Other than- it being the extermination of the Jedi in general. As I have said before, I feel that atleast most of this -if not all of this will occur in Ep-3.

There is certainly Expanded Universe "STORY" opportuinity if some Jedi are left. But I don't think that will give George a reason to do so.

Also, the Yoda "CAVE" thing in Empire is interesting... It leaves story options for Expanded Universe. But I don't feel it needs to be rationally explained in "George's Saga". We know that the FORCE in general is what makes up the galaxy alltogether. It's an energy force made up of all living things. It binds the galaxy together. Good & Evil are almost as one within it. All a part of it that makes it up as a whole. Just as people themselves are GOOD & EVIL, Good & Evil within the FORCE exist more or less in various places of existence all over the galaxy. Why they may be stronger in some places, who knows? I'm sure there are reasons. But do they need to be explained?
    I don't think so. The mystery itself of certain things makes it more interesting than knowing.

Mysteries- some even if temporary, is what made the Original Trilogy so popular. It gave it depth and intrigue.

Therefore, there are somethings as have been said- that would create Expanded Universe reasons for things. BUT I don't think George will deal with them in his films- well, final SW film (Ep-3) anyhow...

Darksider

24. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
  25. theEmps

theEmps Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2003
    There are some parallels that me and Ange (palpsisclone) were noticing about the OT and PT.

For instance: Anakin is a wuss in Ep 2. Always whining and going against the advice of his master.

This is kind of like Luke in ESB, crying to his dad and running away from Yoda to save his friends. Plus they both lose their hands in duels.

It sets us up well for Ep 3 Anakin. I think there is going to be alot left unsaid though about the emperor, the demise of the Jedi/republic/and Padme (sniff :()

All the movies all have the same recurring themes in them anyways. The OT just has the culmination. Its still all about Vader, and his whole family and droids. Its funny how New Hope starts right off with both droids, Leia, and Luke.

I also like how the force is more polarized into good vs. evil. Its the rebellion vs. the Empire. The PT has this, there is the whole Jedi council vs. the trade federation + separatists. But, the love story just gets in the way a little too much. Han Solo has better moves than Anakin. I dont mind it too much, Padme is my favorite character in the SW universe. It just a gets a little bit popcorn tossing at some points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.