main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you like the title "Revenge of the Sith"?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DarthSapient, Jul 26, 2004.

?

Do you like the title "Revenge of the Sith"?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Yes

91.3%
  2. No

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I agree it's on par with "The Empire strikes back."

2. Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord

Darth_Maul_Sith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2004
    I think this is a great title. This movie is gonna kick @$$ on so many levels.

3. Gothic_Yoda

Gothic_Yoda Jedi Master star 2

Aug 29, 2003
    All I'm worried about is the lack of actual dialogue...

GY

4. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Definately yes!

5. Darth-Mauls-Torso

Darth-Mauls-Torso Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    The title is fantastic!

<disrobes Revengo of the Sith and begins making love to it>

6. Zal_Taur

Zal_Taur Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 6, 2001
    I like it, but it's not the one I would've gone for. It's too obvious. Perhaps that's what makes it great. But I would've preferred something a little more ESB, like The Sith Rise Forth.

7. Rogue_Seven

Rogue_Seven Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2004
    YES!!!! It's a perfect title!!!

8. LadyAngelic

LadyAngelic Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2004
  9. Handmaiden_Rabe

Handmaiden_Rabe Jedi Master star 5

Nov 2, 2003
    That's a negative to all. It's not the best movie title of the year, I much more prefer Rise of the Empire. And dialogue is going to be a problem, after what GL pulled in AotC. At least this title is better than Attack of the Clones.

Cattie, out!

10. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I voted "Yes". However, I reserve the right to change my vote after the movie is released.

This is because I doubt that the title accurately reflects the movie. I know generally what happens in the next movie, but how much of it is going to be the Sith getting revenge? Others have pointed out that it's not exactly clear what they are getting revenge for, so it is hard to say which Jedi would need to be killed during the movie to justify the title. "Rise of the Empire", "Fall of a Jedi", "A Jedi Disgraced/Turned" may be more accurate descriptions of the film.

Similarly, this is the big problem with the title "Attack of the Clones". It sounds good, but it is not accurate. First, it would seems to imply that the Republic is the group being attacked as the previous titles come from a Republic/Rebellion slant. Second, the Clones don't attack in the movie. They come to the rescue of two Jedi and a Senator. If you look at the novelization, there is barely any battle. Excuse the similarity to the Galaxies game, but "A Republic Divided", "Trouble in the Republic", or something dealing with the Republic falling apart. What Lucas did is similar to calling the 1989 Civil War movie that was called "Glory", "Attack of the Slaves".

The other four movies have much better titles. While "The Chosen One" may have better paralleled "A New Hope" and is where the movie focuses its attention, the movie revolved around the discord that this unknown character is bringing to the galaxy.

Without specifically naming Luke, e.g., "Adventures of Luke Skywalker", I don't see a better option for Episode IV. "From Farm Boy to Galactic Hero" just doesn't work. "Victory for the Rebellion" is too focused on the final result.

After the Republic's victory, in Episode V, the Empire, literally, strikes back by finding and destroying the Rebel base. Unfortunately, they come out of hyperspace too close to the planet and most of the Rebels escape. They also freeze one hero in carbonite and the other loses his arm.

The final movie in the saga is about Anakin Skywalker's return to the light side of the force. Well, that's what the title implies as the other Jedi play no role in the destruction of the Death Star. This ignores the entire part of the movie that takes place on Tatooine, but "Fall of the Empire" may have been too revealing a title.

11. burrisjedimaster1

burrisjedimaster1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Good title. I thought it was going to be The Shroud of the Sith though.

12. Darth_Xizor

Darth_Xizor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 1, 2003
    I love the title!

...i hope the dialogue is as good.

13. OLDirtyJedi

OLDirtyJedi Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 22, 2002
    Best PT title. Beats ROTE, i didnt really like that one.

14. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    The interesting thing about this poll, is how votes have really swung to ROTS, since it's been announced.

In the poll that we did a month or so back, about whether people liked this as a potential title, the split was almost 50/50. but now it's like 90/10 in favor, so thats a really dramatic swing in favor of REVENGE OF THE SITH. I guess it proves that even people like me, who were unsure of the title at first, have grown to like it over the last few days. :)

15. Padawan_Lamer

Padawan_Lamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    But I would've preferred something a little more ESB, like The Sith Rise Forth.

Arrrrgh! I friggin hate that uber-fanboyish and ultimately redundant title. It is as bad or worse than The Creeping Fear. Why wouldn't the Sith just rise? And what are they rising forth from? And didn't the Sith rise in TPM, when Palps became Chancellor, and in AOTC when he got himself an army, started a fake war, and set himself up with "emergency powers", becoming the single point of power in the galaxy? Haven't they pretty much risen already?

ROTS makes much more sense, as the ultimate revenge of the Sith will be exterminating the Jedi and turning "The One" that was supposedly going to bring balance back to the force.

Plus TSRF as an acronym just is not as cool as ROTS.

16. ogilbyb

ogilbyb Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    I vote "Yes". Its a good title with a double meaning like ROTJ. In this case its the revenge of Vader against the Jedi and the revenge of The Sith Order against The Jedi.

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I like it, although my favorite of the rumored titles was The Creeping fear.

18. Phoenix_Flame

Phoenix_Flame Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2003
    Love your sig, Padawan_Lamer!

ROTS gets two thumbs up from me.

19. Obi-Wan1969

Obi-Wan1969 Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
    Yes I do, I was really exited to see it and then look at the video that was shown at comic con 2004, I am also a hyperspace member and if you are a hyperspace member you can order the T-Shirt with a 10% discount on starwarsshops.com

20. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    YES!!! Absolutely LOVE it!! Like the connection in both title and logo to ROTJ. Slick title.
    initial reacton: "I...kinda like it. I kinda LIKE it. I really really like it!"

21. Dark_Jedi_D

Dark_Jedi_D Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    No! Rise of the Empire would have been so much better.

22. NeXius

NeXius Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2004
    omg how crap is THE CREEPING FEAR... sounds totally homo.. whats creeping ??? its already crept?? the universe is already in turmoil for goodness sakes.... and as for rise of the empire... *sigh* technically the empire had already risen when palpy took over as chancellor, its not going to be suddenly made in EP3... this is what has been waitied on for years like 20 now, is the final transition and that is the "Revenge Of The Sith"
    DONE! BEST TITLE EVER!

23. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    Yes, I'm happy with the title.

24. neo313

neo313 Jedi Master

Jul 27, 2004
  25. DarthJohn82

DarthJohn82 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2003
    NOOOOOOOOOOO only because I still think that he will change it from revenge of the sith to return of the sith. JUST LIKE HE DID WITH ROTJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.