main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you like the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Oct 21, 2008.

?

Do you like the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

24.2%
  2. No

29.0%
  3. Haven't read it

46.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Haven't read them.

2. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    *Sigh*

Still not.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Nope. I'm not a fan of the weird stuff but I respect the creativity of the stories.

4. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Still not.

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Never read it. Never will.

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Read it. [face_plain]

First book was actually quite cute. Second book turned out to be extraordinarily emo. Third book was snoozingly boring and the fourth book?

Good God Almighty -- BURN IT! Horrible isn't even a fitting word! :eek:

I'm annoyed by all the Twilight hype.

Awful I tell you.

Awful.

7. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I don't really want to see or read it. I like romance, but doomed love of this type is too much.

8. Estora

Estora Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    I truly, deeply despise them.

No, I mean it. Ever since I read the first one (and lost and ENTIRE WEEK OF MY LIFE THAT I AM NEVER GETTING BACK) I hated them and everything associated with them. I hate Bella, who is a whining Mary Sue, and I hate Edward who is an abusive moron, and I hate the 'plot' because - oh, wait, there IS no plot! How silly of me. I loathe the way girls my age carry on about them as though they're the best things since the invention of the internet. They all completely ignore the glorification of psychological abuse and anti-feminism (because Bella is literally unable to exist without a strong male figure in her life), and the rape and torture of once really awesome mythological creatures. Oh, and the fact that its written like a Mills&Boon crappy romance novel.

I am an active member of the TwilightSucks Forums and on my FanFiction.Net account (under the same username) I have written several Anti-Twilight One-Shots, the two most popular including "SEVEN" and "EIGHTEEN" which both deal with the glorification of paedophilia from Breaking Wind - I mean, Breaking Dawn.

Worst, I work in a bookshop. Do you know how PAINFUL it is for me to walk in there when I have work and have to look at the Twilight shrine in the corner? It makes me physically sick.

Argh...okay...I'm all vented now. Sorry for making you all read my sudden rage.

And remember, this is just my opinion. Most of my friends adore Twilight, and I respect that.

9. Leviathan_

Leviathan_ Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    Haven't read it - not really interested in reading it either.

10. Silhouette429

Silhouette429 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2002
    Haven't read it yet (and probably won't - doesn't sound like my thing).

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Yes. I enjoyed the books. One of those series that I had fun reading and also have fun mocking.

12. Dreama_Skywalker

Dreama_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2010
    I liked most of the saga...not sure why but it made me think of Judy Blume writing teen Harlequins (vampire series).
    Even though I liked it, there were some long drawn out bits that I skipped..and the ending of Breaking Dawn sucked. It got you all hyped up for the big climax only to be left with disappointment.

13. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    [image=http://funnyaussiesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/twilight_sign-400x266.jpg]

Someone had to. :p

Seriously though, have not read them but my sister says it's purile drivel, and she reads gosip mags...[face_plain]

14. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    Have not read it. Will never read it! I have seen enough of the movie to know the books will not be much better.

15. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    I voted yes - though my vote is pretending that 'Breaking Dawn' doesn't exist. If I had to admit that, yes, 'Breaking Dawn' is really a part of the 'Twilight' series, then I would vote no. :p

Ant.

16. sapphire_eyes

sapphire_eyes Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2005
    Haven't read it, but the movie was enough to make me not want to.

17. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    I liked the first three. Breaking Dawn was just...eh. I like the story enough that I can ignore the bad writing and plot issues.

18. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Still not.

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    It's been several years since I became an ex-fan. I am now attempting to get rid of my copies (all hardcover - what was I thinking?) of the series, but haven't been able to find a good used book store yet.

I'm still pointing and laughing at the series... it's good material to make fun of from time to time. :p

20. BorgQueen

BorgQueen Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2007
    Yes. Fun to read. Fun to mock.

21. Goddess_At_Heart

Goddess_At_Heart Jedi Padawan star 2

Mar 20, 2010
    Won't read them. I've seen the New Moon movie and it was boring. I don't get how may people get crazy about it.

A bunch of sparkly vampires and over-tanned guys fighting over a whinny girl? :rolleyes:

Uh, No. [face_shame_on_you]

22. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I've never read them, but with pop culture being obsessed with the series I feel as if I have

23. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Haven't read it, don't plan to...

24. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    I own all the books but I'm still yet to read them. I love the films though. Yeah, shut up, they're beautiful.

25. Jedi_Aslyn

Jedi_Aslyn Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2010
    I like the books, the earlier ones better than the latter ones though. But I do have a thing for angsty writing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.