main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you like to read?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by onenekedyMerm, Dec 26, 2012.

1. onenekedyMerm

onenekedyMerm Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2012
    These days we are so busy in facebook, any many other social networking sites or in the internet. We have almost no more time to spend in books however I like to read books. What about you? Do you enjoy reading books..?

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Hi onenekedyMerm. :) You'll find that many of us here love to read and not just Star Wars. We have an entire section of the boards dedicated to literature.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome OnenekedyMerm! :)

You should really follow the link posted above. There you can find tons of people with love of reading books! :)

In case you really want to discuss this topic I suggest to repost it at the http://boards.theforce.net/forums/fanforce-community.10022/]FanForce[/url] Community. There you'll find other SW fans who also enjoy meeting in RL. But to meet one for real, you need to check out your local FanForce, since it's hard to meet one from Europe while living in the USA yourself. ;) :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I always have a book to read. If it is not new or used out of a recent store purchase I pick something out of what is roughly a 500 book collection.

Poor Greedo likes this.
  5. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    I love reading. especially for more in depth analysis of universes I'm into (halo, mass effect, star wars etc)

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I typicall fall into a mindset that lasts for weeks at a time. This past eyar i took a week off for my birthday and all week The Matrix films were on every day. I went on a cyberpunk kick which I am still on but is diminishing. I am currently reading a fantasy book but I have another cyberpunk book right behind it.

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Reading is the best pastime! I maintain, you can read, you can do anything in this world!! Welcome! Hey if you want to worship the characters discuss the ships or worlds of the Expanded Universe, then the EUC is for you!! (Expanded Universe Comminity). Join us!

8. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I loooove reading! One of my favorite things to do.

9. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I love to read. However, it takes forever for me to get invested in a book. It's very annoying.

10. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    Why yes, it just occurred to me.
    Now that you mention it, I must admit that I, benknobi1, do in fact like to read.
    Not only do I like reading posts, I also like reading literature and such.
    I like the book trilogy The Hunger Games I liked reading each book in that trilogy. It was very likable.
    I also like reading because it is helpful to know what is on the menu when there are no pictures to help me know what I'm going to choose to eat.
    It is also great for knowing everyday things like snail mail, email, and road signs.

onenekedyMerm What do you like to read?

11. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I love reading books. If I have a lot oif time, I could be use a whole reading books.

I love reading sci-fi/fantasy and crime novels. I also love reading biography of famouse people. Especially about Ewan. :p

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I love reading threads! Thankfully, we are down to one on the subject of books in WNU this week...

13. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    make that two ;)

14. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I read a lot! Mostly non-fiction books (usually about history), and I have all sorts of magazines laying around too, like The Smithsonian, POINTE, and Practical Horseman.