main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you own a mobile / cell phone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Nov 25, 2002.

?

Do you own a mobile / cell phone?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

67.1%
  2. No

32.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joukahainen

Joukahainen Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2001
    I still haven't met any 4 year old kid with a cell phone.

Oh, but I have. Well, almost.

2. Padawan_Learner_Yoda

Padawan_Learner_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    I bought a first generation StarTAC back in '99, I'm still using it. I was living with my aunt and her eleven and eight year old kids at the time. They sucked at remembering to write down important information from phone calls for me. And I was almost never at home so I had to have a phone that they wouldn't answer nor tie up with dial-up connections and also be able to take messages for me when I forgot to turn the thing on. Without a cell phone I probably wouldn't have had as much success in the job market.

Also having one in an emergency saved me thousands. Some dumbass lady in a minivan ran me off the road and caused significant damage to my motocycle. She was just going to drive off without giving her license and insurance info insisting it wasn't her fault. With the phone I called the California Highway Patrol to send out an officer, he arrived took his report from me the lady, and an impartial witness. Before the officer left he told me not to worry because according to everything he saw and heard the lady was clearly at fault!

3. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yes. I love them so much, in fact, I carry two!!! :D

8-} Actually, I work for a cell phone store. So I carry one through one company that my work supplies, and the other is my personal cell. I use that one a lot, because I make a lot of long distance phone calls. It really comes in handy, and I love it a lot. It helps me keep in touch with some people that I normally wouldn't get to talk to. :) I don't mind them at all. I just think some people need to learn phone etiquette. No cell phones in movies, please. [face_plain]

JPK

4. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    My cell phone has been attached to my body for the past 2 years. Although I'm on my second phone now, I still use Sprint, because of the no-long distance charges. :)

5. Squadron_Chick

Squadron_Chick Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2002
    I nearly cried when I heard at least two cell phones go off during AOTC when it was my first time seeing it! :_| Obviously, we can tell who's not a true fan of the movie...

6. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    When I'm out doing something, I don't want to be bothered with phone calls. Sometimes they are useful, but I doubt I'll get one.

Plus, people who drive while talking on them should have their licenses revoked.

7. The Gatherer

The Gatherer Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 2, 1999
    I have owned a mobile phone for the past couple of years. First, I had a Nokia, now I have a Siemens.

8. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
  9. UrbanJedi

UrbanJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 1999
    Never thought I would a couple of years ago, but now I don't think I could go without one.

10. Angelic_308

Angelic_308 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 2, 2002
    No, but I'll need one sometime in the near future.

11. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Yes, though I forget it at home all the time..I need a reminder some times..bad huh?

12. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    yes, can't survive w/o mine.
    Error: only 1 phone per minute

13. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
  14. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    No, I don't need one at the moment.

15. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Yes....Not that I use it much.

16. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    As a matter of fact, I have only my Sprint PCS phone. No land line for the last 2 years. :)

17. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

No. I really don't need one. I find them kinda annoying, cell phones be ringing when I don't want them too. (e.g. in a movie theater)

=/

18. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    Well, I finally succumbed to the cultural pressure and gadgetry coolness of Japanese cell phones. Here, have a look at my new mobile:

J-T08 by Toshiba

[image=http://www.j-phone.com/japanese/products/kisyu/j_t08/images/main_02.jpg]
    [image=http://www.j-phone.com/japanese/products/kisyu/j_t08/images/main_03.jpg]

[image=http://www.j-phone.com/japanese/products/kisyu/j_t08/images/main_04.jpg]

English and Japanese text messaging, e-mail, and picture-mail. Can send messages and pictures to fax machines. Hundreds of possible ring-tones which sound great thanks to multiple instrument compositions, voices, and sound effects. Or record your own.

"The J-T08 features the world's first, at time of writing, handset capable of displaying in QVGA (Quarter Video Graphics Array: 240 x 320 pixels) with its "Super Fine Poly-silicon TFT LCD[TM]". The handset can take excellent pictures with its 310,000 pixel CCD built-in mobile camera and embedded mobile flash. The J-T08 also features a "Handy Video" function that can record over 3 minutes of video." It has another screen on the outside, which can display 65000 colours. The flash doubles as an LED light-up ring indicator, and at any time you can choose from 7 different colours for it.

Plays dozens of VGA games with more downloadable from the internet. Here's a robot-fighting game by Bandai:

[image=http://www.j-phone.com/japanese/j_sky/java_appli/images/img19.jpg]

19. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    Blast! They were sold out!

I will have one... I must.

//drool

20. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Yep. Glad to see I'm not the only one with a Tracfone. :p

21. ForbiddenLove

ForbiddenLove Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2002
    Yes, but I generally only use it for emergencies.

22. STACY-WAN_KENOBI

STACY-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    of course me parents wont let me on the road unless i have me phone

~~Lady Legolas~~

23. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
  24. Bant428

Bant428 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    they're annoying, disturbing, pathetic, and expensive. no!

25. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    No!

They are a bloody nuisance!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.