main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Census Do you own an e-reader?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 2, 2011.

?

Do you own an e-reader?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2011.
  1. Yes

30.9%
  2. No

54.5%
  3. No, but I want one

12.7%
  4. What's an e-reader?

1.8%
  1. Everton

Everton Force Ghost star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I know I voted no in this poll before, but now the answer is yes (a Kindle) and I don't know why I didn't get one earlier! :p

2. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    I got a iPad2, which will do it, but as noted, I won't purchase them, so I guess not. Still.

3. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Got a Kindle Touch from my parents for Christmas and I love it so far. Downloaded Stephen King's latest behemoth, 11/22/63, andas good as the book is so far, what's really awesome is not having to carry around a huge hardcover. Grabbed a couple of free books from Amazon's store too, free books are awesome.

4. Shepherd492

Shepherd492 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2011
    Do you technically "own" the books you buy with e-readers, or is it like most things you buy electronically and you can lose it whenever?

Still prefer books either way, just wondering.

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I must reevaluate my previous choice, I'm now the proud owner of a Kindle Touch and I LOVE it!

I don't know about other e-readers, but for the Kindle Amazon backs up your book collections on their server so that you will always have the books no matter what.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of Four Realms star 9 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You own the e-books, unless Amazon accounts disappear. I gave my son my old Kindle and deleted my books from it; they remained on my Amazon account, even the books that I didn't transfer to my new Kindle.

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I do not have an e-reader. I'm not opposed to getting one, but it's not a high priority for me.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    And every book I buy I back up the files myself onto a flash drive, so if something disastrous does happen, I still have back ups of everything.