Census Do you own an e-reader?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 2, 2011.

?

Do you own an e-reader?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2011.
Yes 17 vote(s) 30.9%
No 30 vote(s) 54.5%
No, but I want one 7 vote(s) 12.7%
What's an e-reader? 1 vote(s) 1.8%
  1. Everton Force Ghost

star 10
    I know I voted no in this poll before, but now the answer is yes (a Kindle) and I don't know why I didn't get one earlier! :p
  2. Nevermind Jedi Knight

star 6
    I got a iPad2, which will do it, but as noted, I won't purchase them, so I guess not. Still.
  3. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Got a Kindle Touch from my parents for Christmas and I love it so far. Downloaded Stephen King's latest behemoth, 11/22/63, andas good as the book is so far, what's really awesome is not having to carry around a huge hardcover. Grabbed a couple of free books from Amazon's store too, free books are awesome.
  4. Shepherd492 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Do you technically "own" the books you buy with e-readers, or is it like most things you buy electronically and you can lose it whenever?

Still prefer books either way, just wondering.
  5. LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight

star 5
    I must reevaluate my previous choice, I'm now the proud owner of a Kindle Touch and I LOVE it!

I don't know about other e-readers, but for the Kindle Amazon backs up your book collections on their server so that you will always have the books no matter what.
  6. anakinfansince1983 Nightsister of CT, SW Saga and Lucasfilm Ltd

Manager
    star 8
    You own the e-books, unless Amazon accounts disappear. I gave my son my old Kindle and deleted my books from it; they remained on my Amazon account, even the books that I didn't transfer to my new Kindle.
  7. Darth McClain Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I do not have an e-reader. I'm not opposed to getting one, but it's not a high priority for me.
  8. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    And every book I buy I back up the files myself onto a flash drive, so if something disastrous does happen, I still have back ups of everything.