main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Do you own an e-reader?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by NYCitygurl, Jan 2, 2011.

?

Do you own an e-reader?

Poll closed Jan 2, 2011.
  1. Yes

30.9%
  2. No

54.5%
  3. No, but I want one

12.7%
  4. What's an e-reader?

1.8%
  1. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I know I voted no in this poll before, but now the answer is yes (a Kindle) and I don't know why I didn't get one earlier! :p

2. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    I got a iPad2, which will do it, but as noted, I won't purchase them, so I guess not. Still.

3. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Got a Kindle Touch from my parents for Christmas and I love it so far. Downloaded Stephen King's latest behemoth, 11/22/63, andas good as the book is so far, what's really awesome is not having to carry around a huge hardcover. Grabbed a couple of free books from Amazon's store too, free books are awesome.

4. Shepherd492

Shepherd492 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2011
    Do you technically "own" the books you buy with e-readers, or is it like most things you buy electronically and you can lose it whenever?

Still prefer books either way, just wondering.

5. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    I must reevaluate my previous choice, I'm now the proud owner of a Kindle Touch and I LOVE it!

I don't know about other e-readers, but for the Kindle Amazon backs up your book collections on their server so that you will always have the books no matter what.

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    You own the e-books, unless Amazon accounts disappear. I gave my son my old Kindle and deleted my books from it; they remained on my Amazon account, even the books that I didn't transfer to my new Kindle.

7. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I do not have an e-reader. I'm not opposed to getting one, but it's not a high priority for me.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    And every book I buy I back up the files myself onto a flash drive, so if something disastrous does happen, I still have back ups of everything.