Do you plan on buying/ reading Star by Star?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RingoJuna, Oct 5, 2001.

?

Do you plan on buying/ reading Star by Star?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2001.
Yes, buying it when it comes out 126 vote(s) 76.4%
Yes, but waiting for the paperback 16 vote(s) 9.7%
Yes, but not buying it 8 vote(s) 4.8%
No, not going to bother with it 1 vote(s) 0.6%
No, because the NJO bites the big one 14 vote(s) 8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mecca-Don Jedi Knight

star 2
    I plan to buy Star by Star the day its released and reading it as soon as I get it out of the store.
  2. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Waiting for the paperback, because it is supposed to have recovery ebook reprinted in it as well.
  3. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Well, if Recovery's in it, I think I'll have to tear some pages to put them in the right place chronologically. :
  4. Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, I'll be getting the hardcover because there's no way I'm waiting (plus the HCs are just nicer), but if Recovery ends up the paperback I'll probably buy it, too. (How do they get so much of my money? :( )
  5. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    i'm planning on being at b&n whin it opens
  6. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hell, yes. Not only is Troy Denning an accomplished, long-time Star Wars author, but he's a rather good author in general.

Without knowing anything else about the book, that should be enough for any Star Wars EU fan to check the book out.

I'm buying the hardcover, because I anticipate reading it through several times and its just more durable. I also feel the price is worth more than waiting for softcover.
  7. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    What did he write exactly ?
  8. ReaperFett Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    letters, numbers, all kinds of things :)
  9. FrodoBaggins Jedi Padawan

*Anxiously* awaiting its release.....
  10. Mecca-Don Jedi Knight

star 2
    Troy Denning wrote the Star Wars choose you own adventure novels, Scoundrel's Luck and Jedi's Honor. He also wrote several fantasy novels the latest of which is The Summoning.
  11. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Ho... He wrote that much ? Wow... He must be a... God... Even 'Godder' than Zahn...

EDIT : Whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Mecca-Don ???? :_| You just ruined this post... But thanks anyway. ;)
  12. BobaFetts_Clone Jedi Knight

star 2
    I plan to bt it as soon as it comes out, but first i'll ttry to get it in the public library first. Our library is really good at getting just released books that people want to read. I got balance point there before it came out in paperback. If worse comes to worse, i will buy the book.
  13. -Vergere- Jedi Master

star 4
    RELEASE, gosh darnit, RELEASE! Maybe if I exercise my latent powers of will, it will release tonight.

I will give it a shot!
  14. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

I don't like buying hard covers. I made the mistake of buying Rogue Planet and Cloak Of Deception in HC, and they stick out like a sore thumb on my bookshelf. I'm not gonna buy SBS until it comes out in paperback.
  15. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    "they stick out like a sore thumb on my bookshelf."

Yup another big disadvantage, IMO...
  16. MAD6121 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm gonna buy it the first day in hardback. But I agree with all who say the hardbacks look like a sore thumb on the bookshelf. Everytime my grandpa walks by my room he tells me how ugly Balance Point looks sticking out like that.
  17. peregrine Force Ghost

star 4
    I also don't like hardcovers... But I can't wait for the paperback.
  18. Han Soho Jedi Youngling

That's why I plan on getting it from my library when they get it in. That's how I handled Balance Point, Shadow Hunter, Vector Prime and the HOT.

BTW, when does Shadow Hunter come out in paperback? It seems like it should be about that time...
  19. Bogga Jedi Master

star 4
    Ever since 1993 or so I've purchased every SW book as soon as it was released so I'm definitely not stopping now.
  20. Dev Sibwarra Jedi Master

star 4
    Once there was a time when I could wait to buy books. However, posting at Tf.n when you're a year behind on major plot points is like stopping in the middle of a freeway. Hardcover for me.
  21. Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Bib,

Shadow Hunter comes out in November. ;)
  22. PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Bib : SH will be released in November, and Saboteur will be included in the PB. And I'd love to borrow it from the library... But they don't exactly have a lot of SW books in English here in Switzerland... :_| (Yeah, yeah, I stop complaining... But nevertheless... Why can't I live in the States... :_| )
  23. Lott_Dod Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll buy it when it first comes out in hardcover.
  24. Jedi_Aub Jedi Knight

Does a wampa poop in the snow?
  25. JWK Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the hardbacks better. I love the cover art even though they're too expensive I'll live with that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.