Do you plan on buying/ reading Star by Star?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by RingoJuna, Oct 5, 2001.

?

Do you plan on buying/ reading Star by Star?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2001.
Yes, buying it when it comes out 126 vote(s) 76.4%
Yes, but waiting for the paperback 16 vote(s) 9.7%
Yes, but not buying it 8 vote(s) 4.8%
No, not going to bother with it 1 vote(s) 0.6%
No, because the NJO bites the big one 14 vote(s) 8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Destructo Jedi Master

star 4
    Beg, Borrow or steal.
    I'll even consider buying it second hand.
  2. Jedi_Liz Force Ghost

star 6
    unless by some miracle I WON the contest (I only got a confirmation that I had entered) for a free copy, I'll probably be buying it the first day. I may even see if my B.Dalton can order me a copy, to see if I can save some additional $. Then I have my book club card which'll save me $, too.

I already got spoiled, which makes me mad! :(

I have a hard time avoiding spoilers....yes....

3. Jades Fire Jedi Master

star 4
    What do you think?

Of course I'm NOT buying it.
    Why waste money on a story that I am not fond of reading.

As I've said elsewhere, it is not a story that I am particularly interested in reading right now. All the references to cleansing the infidel Jeedai is too close to current events, the al Queda holy war against the infidel West.

I probably won't be borrowing it for a long time either.

I tell you, it is so refreshing to not be a slave to the release date. I stopped buying the books within one or two days of release after Balance Point. It feels so good to have thrown that monkey off my back and not be a lemming anymore.
  4. Anakin SkySolo Force Ghost

star 4
    Glad you're not a lemming anymore. No one should be a lemming. They should only buy books that they want to read, not buy them just because they say "Star Wars" on the label.

I have enjoyed the New Jedi Order immensely, so of course I will buy Star By Star when it comes out.

And I'm expanding my collection of Star Wars hardcovers, so this book will hardly stick out like a "sore thumb" on my bookshelf!
  5. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll be buying this one when it hits of course. It's not just because it has Star Wars on the front, but because I'm really into the story. I'm happy that you have emerged from you lemming cocoon as a beautiful....um....hmmm....what exactly would emerge from a lemming cocoon?
  6. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Plus JF, I kinda like you. I find your reliability very comforting. If I came on here tomorrow and found a post from you saying just how much you loved the NJO, then i'd be checking the weather reports in Hell and betting big time on the Cubs to win the World Series ;)
  7. GaMeCuBe182 Jedi Knight

I'm going to try to buy it when it comes out, but I sort of doubt it because my mom criticizes me about reading SW books. Every time I buy a SW book (I only have 6-7), she always says, "Is that all you read?" I'm very eager for it to come out. I don't know if I can read it right away because I'm a junior in high school and traditionally, it's a difficult year.
  8. Jades Fire Jedi Master

star 4
    RingoJuna, I am glad to hear you find me a comforting presence.

Now if only I could get you to see the light and come back from the Dark Side! ;)
  9. Darth_Kevin Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll buy it and still be surprised if the spoilers are all true. Not that I don't believe them, but I just won't accept them until I read it myself. Just like with Chewie, I knew the spoiler going in to Balance Point, but still in denial until I read it myself.
  10. wampa Force Ghost

star 4
    "Does a wampa poop in the snow?" - Jedi_Aub

HATE CRIMES!!!!!!
    Sorry, just had to jump on that one! When will the suffering end for my people? We relieve ourselves in the restroom like anyone else (except kriffing tauntauns!). If you have no idea who I am I feel sorry for you, but I guess the return of Wampa oppression was inevitible when I stopped posting at my Wampa Fan Club and Wampa's Deli (in EU Community), but it doesn't mean I have to like it!

Oh, the book! I'm reading that right away when it comes out of course. I have a thing some of these folks don't seem to be aware of - a job. It's really handy for getting money for hardcovers. Also, I can't stand it when someone knows info I don't when the info is finally officially released.
  11. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Nah Jade........I happen to like the Dark Side, a whole lot :)
  12. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    And speaking of the Dark Side,I gotta do laundry today :(
  13. EnforcerSG Jedi Master

star 4
    Going to go to my library, see if it is any good. If it is, then i will get it, otherwise, i will laugh at all of you who buy it just cause it is star wars (but i will not laugh if you truly think it is good, and back it up).
  14. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    up, in case anybody missed it
  15. Arabwel Jedi Knight

star 2
    D_D, I have known to opt 'steal' when I was young and stupid. Thank the Force I wasn't caught. It's the one thing in my criminal career I am actually ashamed of.

On the note of being befind in plot points... I try not to be, reading spoilers and stuff. I haven't read PB yet, even though I have had the opportunity and funds to do so... have had more interesting stuff to buy, stuff that I have waited YEARS o read... I keep up with the 'net and read everything I can on the book, on books to come, on everything.

And I will wait for the paperback.

PrinceXizor, I agree totally on the ugliness of hardcovers. My dad got me VP as a hardcover, and I hate the book. Not the story, the book itself.

Ara
    (Sniffling and ditching class... iditot!)
  16. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Up again, because I don't make threads too often, and it's darn nice to see mine at the top!

Slap me around later if you must.
  17. Arabwel Jedi Knight

star 2
    And a what fine thread it is!

Ara
    (Just got a B in English when she thought she'd get a D... And her teacvher said he likes her style! But still The Guy With The Spoon keeps correcting her irony, because those who matter don't like it... Freedoooom offf Speeech!=)
  18. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thank You:::bows:::Thank You!
  19. Arabwel Jedi Knight

star 2
    You're welcome. Just don't let it happen again ;)

Ara
    (Sitting in a computer class wasting time)
  20. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'll try really hard not to do it again, promise.
  21. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Annoying? Yes, I know. Just give it time and it'll go away :)
  22. Naboo Queen Jedi Master

star 4
    I was going to buy it, but hearing a certain spoiler made me not want to read it. I'll get it at the library, but not buy it. Star Wars still needs to be fun and the spoiler ruined my favorite character and romance.
  23. Alderaan_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Hardcovers rule! when you open them all the way, the spines don't crack. ;)
  24. RingoJuna Jedi Knight

star 3
    Up, for that fresh and clean feeling that lasts all day!
  25. Tarzimp Jedi Knight

Yes I'll buy it the moment it is placed upon the shelves. I've been saving up those preferred reader gift coupons they send you for buying lots of books, I'm so cheap. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.