Do you plan to buy the Un-altered versions of the Original Trilogy on dvd?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, May 5, 2006.

?

Do you plan to buy the Un-altered versions of the Original Trillogy on dvd?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Yes! 46 vote(s) 43.0%
No! 34 vote(s) 31.8%
Maybe, depending on how expensive it is 11 vote(s) 10.3%
Maybe, I can't decide 8 vote(s) 7.5%
I would if it didn't come with the 2004 versions as well. 6 vote(s) 5.6%
Other 2 vote(s) 1.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    Probably not. I don't see the point in spending my short supply of cash on essentially the same movies I bought in 2004.
  2. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    Many people are annoyed at the fact that they thought the OOT was never going to be released on dvd, so they bought the 2004 editions. It is a waste that the movies are being released with both editions, why would you want two copies of the 2004 edit movies?
  3. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    I'm not sure if I buy the new old versions on DVD's, but it mostly depends on the price. Maybe I wait until it is a bit cheaper or so. But I think I'll find a way to get them. ;)

Honestly I don't like the way GL is going, bringing out (in my view many) various version on DVD and we have to pay for them again and again. So I think I'll wait and see. :)
  4. RogueScribner Force Ghost

star 4
    I really wish the 2004 versions weren't being packaged with the O-OT, but whatever, I'll get it anyway.
  5. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
  6. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
  7. DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    What he said.
  8. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Probably, will I watch them? Maybe in a few years. I remember them looking flawless so to watch them now to see the flaws in the effects would be kinda weird.
  9. EmperorSorridom Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  10. That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I already have them on video and that's the way I remember them so no.
    Besides, they'll probably be included in the six film box set later anyway with new bonus features etc and an updated PT.
    I shall wait. Besides, I like the 2004's more or less just fine.
  11. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No. I have them on video and I prefer the new versions of the movies.
  12. The_Crow Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, probably. I really need to see Han shooting first and Sebastian Shaw as Anakin's ghost again :p. The only problem is that it will only be available for a limited time(September 12th to December 31st), so, the price will not go down.
  13. Nes_Padawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I wouldn't mind at all to buy it,but is just that whole limited time thing,as well as a probably high price...
  14. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    i will becasue our videos or totally old and there commercils in between. and additionally i dont like the special edtions
  15. MsLanna Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes, I will.
    But I have to admit I'm miffed (TOS-friendly understatement) at having to buy the SE with them. I bet it would be cheaper without them, and am I Croesus, or what?[face_plain]
  16. Cloned_Sidious Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    No.

The only version of the Original Trilogy I plan to buy anymore is the Saga box, if it really is coming.
  17. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Depending on the price. I am not made of money.
  18. darth_paul Force Ghost

star 5
    I would if it were a decent transfer. I'm not even talking about cleaning it up, removing mat lines, etc. Just anamorphic would be a good start, and ideally some sort of fresh transfer involving current technology. As is, I will be holding out for the OOT on a next-gen medium, assuming that ever comes.

-Paul
  19. WEEBACCA Jedi Master

star 4
    Of course I will! It's the most important DVD release of the year! Sure I would have preferred if they were restored anamorphic versions and all, but it's still better than my old VHS copies! :)
  20. Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod

star 6
    You betcha, eventhough I already got them on VCR.
  21. darth-sinister Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Nope. I've gotten used to the Special Editions and perfer it that way. I've never enjoyed going back to original theatrical cuts after seeing the director's cut or special edition.
  22. Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It'll depend on what special features come with it. I enjoy the SEs, and there are changes in them that I think were beneficial and wouldn't want to watch the old version. The Death Star space fight in ANH for example.
  23. SithedMyPants Force Ghost

star 3
    When I was ten years old, I committed the one and only material theft of my life- a cranky old guy at a flea market was trying to screw me on a beat up y-wing (although it had the rotj box, it was severely water damaged), so I justified snagging the dish off his diecast Falcon in revenge....

...And since I've bought the trilogy 5 times in the last 15 years, I may come out of retirement and return to my life of crime one last job.
  24. KingoftheAT-ATs Force Ghost

star 4
    No. I'm all for constently upgrading the Star Wars films.
  25. magehound Jedi Master

star 4
    It depends. If there is significant new content as far as extras go, then i will consider it. Otherwise, I already own the DVD set that alreay came out, and George said that Those were the ones he had inteneded to make, so what's the point? not much changed anyway.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.