main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you REFUSE to refer to the movie "Star Wars"....

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinsrightarm, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank_Booth

Frank_Booth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2003
    I call the first movie Star Wars, by it's original name. I sometimes slip to using ANH in posts, but never outside the net.

Most folks I know call these film: Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Episode 1 and Episode 2.

2. DarthPierce

DarthPierce Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2003
    I view the entire saga as "Star Wars." When I mention a specific episode I call it by name (aotc, tpm, esb).

Infact, I was thinking about this the other day. When/if Lucas releases an ultimate boxset of all 6 episodes I think it would be cool if the entire boxset just be called "Star Wars." Have the cover of the box say nothing but "Star Wars." Then of course inside you'd have all six episodes.

I think it will be a good thing for future generations if Lucas gets people to start thinking of the entire saga as "Star Wars." Not "episode 1 2 3," not "TPM, AOTC, ANH, ESB, ROTJ." Much like the way all 3 tolken novels are known as "Lord of the Rings."

3. Jedi_Master201

Jedi_Master201 Jedi Knight star 5

May 5, 2001
    I call it by its title: "A New Hope".

I refer to the saga as "Star Wars".

Pierce, I agree. Once Ep. III is released, people will begin to think of all six movies as one story, the way it was meant to be thought of. The release of the DVDs will make it solid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.