main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do You Remember Your Dreams?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Healer_Leona , Oct 8, 2006.

?

Do You Remember Your Dreams

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Every Single One

16.9%
  2. On Occasion

70.8%
  3. Only Those With Strong Emotions

7.9%
  4. The Very Happy Ones

1.1%
  5. Nightmares Only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Never

3.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    On occasion. It's funny, when I was little I could remember at least 90% of my dreams. But now, I only remember a few. And even the ones I do, I usually only remember for a few minutes after waking up. :p

2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Yeah I remember alot of them. Some of them still to this day, but some dreams just leave an impression with you and you can't forget them. It's weird.

~PK~

3. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Yes, I remember them...and I'd rather no remember some of them. :p

4. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    The real question is: do I want to? ;)

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    On Occasion.

6. Warrior_Goddess

Warrior_Goddess Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2006
    Never. I don't recall ever having a dream since I was about 3. Since then, nope, never.

7. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Almost all of them, and it's made easier by the fact that I have so many repeat dreams.

8. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I remember quite a few. No one can ever remember them all, because you have dozens throughout the night and the only one capable of being remembered is the one you were having right before you woke up.

Dream sleep or REM (Rapid Eye Movement) is your brain's way of taking what you learned that day and kind of repairing and building upon it. Everyone dreams, the people that remember them usually have a sleep pattern with REM relatively close to when they wake up.

9. LORDeron_MAULer

LORDeron_MAULer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 6, 2003
    Fairly often, actually. I get the feeling I recall more than the average person. Everytime I tell one of my dream memories to someone they are often surprised at how much detail I usually can recollect..

10. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I remember a lot of my dreams and can also lucid dream quite a bit as well.

I woke up angry because of the dream I had last night. I was sitting at a restaurant and I was telling whoever I was at the table with that I had a concealed carry permit. Some guy at the table across from mine started came over to my table and started arguing with me and he said I was no better than a terrorist because I choose to carry a gun. He also called me a crazy Oklahomian, but since i'm not from Oklahoma I laughed at him. I also tried to reason with him, but it didn't work, and he started trying to fight me, so I decided to wake up instead of letting the dream continue.

11. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Sometimes :) I've had some pretty interesting ones about the boards . . .

12. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I put On Occassion. The ones I remember are usually very vivid . . . and disturbing. Kind of like me. :p

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    The choices should be:

Always
    Usually
    Sometimes
    Rarely
    Never

Because I'm in between "Every Single One" and "On Occasion." :p

14. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    Usually only vaguely.

15. renjishi

renjishi Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    On Occasion. I seem to only remember the weirder stuff though.

16. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    On occasion i remember them. I try to write it down when i can.

17. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    Almost every single one - I need to be better about writing them down.

18. Jaide

Jaide Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2004
    Sometimes.

19. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    On Occasion

For some reason I remember them better when I'm starting to wake up - if I'm sleeping in on the weekend and in the morning am slipping in and out of sleep my dreams seem more vivid and easier to remember. Does this happen with anyone else?

20. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yep a lot of the time if I'm dreaming I remember it. Which is kind of aggravating when it's a scary one and I still remember it days later.

21. MonkeytheJedi

MonkeytheJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 21, 2005
    On Occasion

But I'm not telling you about the one I had last night...[face_blush] :p

22. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Not only do I remember them, but I have actually been able to go back to sleep and continue them after waking up a number of times. I guess that can account for my sleeping so much, who wants to wake up when you are having a really good dream!?

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm going with Only Those With Strong Emotions as those are the only ones that I can re-imagine to any extent while awake. As often I may wake up and just have an impression of a dream but no real remembrance, like so many people have said in this thread already.

I have two reoccurring dreams though. Unfortunately, they are also the closest I get to nightmares. I only have them when I'm sick, as well. They are more disorientating then anything else in truth, I am still affected and lost when I first wake up. One is about colours and oh so many jumbled colours, and one is about standing on nothing because time is going around so fast the ground is always there but in reality it's not. Neither have a human connection though.

They are emotion charged, as like I said they only happen when I'm sick. So it seemed the most fitting option.

:)

24. shaadra_xemo

shaadra_xemo Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2007
    I have a sleep disorder where I never go into a proper deep sleep; therefore, I remember almost every single dream. Because of this disorder, I also tend to - not sleepwalk - but actually "act out" my dreams while lying down. For instance, I once had a dream that my mother didn't understand the concept of infinity, so a blackboard came out of nowhere and I drew the infinity symbol on it. Then, I woke up because I had knocked my alarm clock off of my nightstand because I had been reaching my arm out to draw on the blackboard. Lol, this is why I don't sleep over at other peoples' houses often :p

25. piratedreamer

piratedreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2006
    All the time. Although, if I don't purposefully tell myself to remember, I'll forget after a few hours. Of course later that day, I generally do or see something that triggers the dream and I remember the entire thing all over again. If the dream is exceptionally good or extremely vivid, I'll make notes or write the whole thing down so I can expirience the whole thing as long as I want. Call me weird, but *points at screen name* dreaming is very important to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.