main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you remember

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by mikadojedi, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    While watching ANH-SE the other night I was reminded of my first SW experience. I was 4 yrs old riding in the back of my Dad's car, going to the Seaview movie theater in Brooklyn. The sun was shining bright as we got out and went in to the theater. I remember I spent part the movie staring at the projector as the light flickered. My Dad Daniel told ne to turn around and I did. I held tight to him as R2 was hit on Luke's X-wing, and cried during the medal sequence when he wistled. ALIVE AGAIN!!! I remember wothinking why was R2 black in space. I went to the library and read The Making of Star Wars and did the "math" regarding bluescreen. I was 7 when this took place. Thats my 1st Star Wars experience. Post yours.

Not a TPM forum topic.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    My first experience with Star Wars would be seeing ROTJ on HBO in the 80s and going to the mall every weekend to have my mother buy me a Star Wars action figure.

I think this would be better suited for the Star Wars Community forum though.

3. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Going to my friends house, he showed my ESB. Then the SE's came out a few months later.

4. ValinFett21

ValinFett21 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2003
    I remember seeing ANH on TV in 1990(or about that, I was pretty young at the time)

And everyday that I had off from school I would run downstairs after my mom left and try to watch all three movies in one day before she got home.

5. ForceMaster101

ForceMaster101 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 30, 2003
    I saw ANH in 1994 and then I went begging my mom for the next 2. She got me them on tape.

Then in 1999 I was watching TV and it said "Star Wars" and it showed the Phantom Menace trailer and I was SO HAPPY!

6. Jedi of the West

Jedi of the West Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 1999
    My first experience was back in 1977 when Star Wars was originally released. I was hooked ever since.

7. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    May 19th, 1999. Really. That's the first time I really experienced Star Wars. The hype, the merchandise, and the movie being in theaters. Being the only casual fan at the time surrounded by little kids, and people who've been waiting for 16 years. I miss it.

I hope to have the same experience with Episode III.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.