main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Do you remember?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarthVercetti, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Heya New Zealanders, Do you remember your closefriends in Australia?

I am a member of the South Australian Fan Force (SAFF) and have been issued the task to meet new people from different countries for abit of fun. As a part, i must make friends with someone from other countries and get them to post in a particular thread in our SAFF site.

If you want to have some fun and meet an new friend, post here and get to know me.
    The thread is here when you feel like you know me as a friend or you just want to join my cause.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    1. "Australia", "friends", same sentence?
    2. "Issued with a task", this isn't the best way to make friends. "Hi, want to be my friend cause I have to find someone" (lol)
    3. This all seems a bit too AMWAY-ish for me.

;)

3. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    That's fine. I'm not forcing you to do anything, just poppin in to have a chat. dont wanna help, dont.

4. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Hey,

Ok, perhaps an explaination is in order. First, I appologise if you took my reply to heart. In this forum we take the piss out of everything, otherwise there would NEVER be any posts. Second, I was joking. In no way was I having a go at you for trying to make friends. Relax :)

5. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    I must now apologize to you. the way i wrote that, it seemed as though i was mad.
    I was simply expressing the point that i am not here for JUST the competition but to make some new friends too and that i will not be angry or annoyed if you dont post.

6. YouAgain

YouAgain Jedi Master star 5

Dec 20, 2001
    pffft n00bs

:p

7. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    You must all first realise that SFL is not well in the head.......... 8-}

Only then will the true meanings of his posts become clear :D

8. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Hey, a new thread to take off topic :) Any Aucklanders here get stuck in an elevator on Monday? I had to navigate a stairwell by torchlight which was kinda fun.

9. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Na, I was on Lincoln Rd, just about to hit the North Western and FM radio all went dead. I then drove past Hunua and had to do a couple of Forest Surveys. 1 in Wairoa Gorge (bit of 4 Wheel Driving Required - mud / trees down etc. Then went bush in the wind and rain. Then off to Hunua and did a small remnant patch of bush there and home. So completely missed the whole thing :D Though I was lucky not to get my truck stuck in a particularly muddy bog - got the old girl sideways, and bottomed out, all in a day's work though. ;)

10. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Stupid Aucklanders and your power supply, and to think of all those morons who protested about the new Transmission Lines :oops:

Anyway my last two days have been spent dealing with a 20km oil spill on SH1 north of Wellington and snow up on the Rimutakas, SH2. Just been hanging with the Pigs on the road, good times :D

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/solo77/100_0002.jpg]

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/solo77/100_0006.jpg]

And the snow:

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/solo77/PICT0043.jpg]

[image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y213/solo77/PICT0040.jpg][face_laugh]

11. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Oil spill / snow. Great mix. ;)

I should have somehow photographed or filmed the driving rain and wind I have had to work in out in the bush, pushing through cutty grass and gorse, so thick in places I literally had to turn back and try another way. Shocking. Shorts = not best as knees bore the brunt of the Cutty grass and prickly mingimingi :(

I love my job.

12. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    What exactly is your job SFL?

13. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Job? In the broader sense of the word "Environmental Consultant and Contractor", thus, job's vary from week to week, or day to day. Currently I have a contract with Auckland Regional Council performing "High Conservation Value Site Surveys". Go into a forest reserve, perform a sample transect line looking at forest health (canopy trees, regeneration, birds, invertebrates, animal pest presence (possum, deer, goat etc), weed presence etc and this all goes into a database for future reference if pest control is required or if the site is in fine health etc. :)

14. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Basically he's a tree hugging hippy, he wanders round touching lizards and plants all day

[face_peace]

:p

15. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    The good touch though, not the bad touch.

16. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Super song that!

[image=http://image.com.com/mp3/images/cover/200/drf000/f035/f035777607k.jpg]

17. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    I like their song 'Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo'

Very inventive...:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.