main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Atlantic Do you smoke?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by DarthBabe, Jan 27, 2003.

?

Do you smoke?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes

22.2%
  2. No

77.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sar-Tamber-lac

Sar-Tamber-lac Jedi Master star 5

May 24, 2002
    *whispers back*

You're welcome.

2. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
  3. kesselrun_in6

kesselrun_in6 Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2003
    I hereby plead guilty for first-degree N.E.W.B.I.E. ahaha classic. First of all my apologies, not only did i NOT realize he was not here to defend himself but i didn't mean any offence. I read the definition of NEWBIE and i'm not gonna lie i was just starting a little argument, a harmless one at that. but never the less sorry. tho i must say one thing, all you guys talking about how u really miss this guy sounds like he died or something. its just a message board. Most of my post was a joke more than anything else. once again its just a message board. I'm sorry for offending this obviously closely nit online group.

ps. if u never take any critiscism you will never realize some of your own faults. keep that in mind before you over-react... With all the star wars fans out there these message boards could be alot more popular. but its obvious to see why they are not.

4. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    I dont understand how you link not taking critism and not being popular :confused: If you think that popularity is the key to life then you come off as rather shallow . . . and if you must know I'm rather popular . . . you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover.

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Um, these boards are quite popular. What was it, when they hit 1000000 posts, something about 90000 users?

6. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    ps. if u never take any critiscism you will never realize some of your own faults. keep that in mind before you over-react... With all the star wars fans out there these message boards could be alot more popular. but its obvious to see why they are not.

Ya know, I really appreciated your apology. I really did. But wow. I think that edit almost negates it. Ya want to know the difference? Here, we can take constructive criticism. Do you know what that is? That is criticism that is given respectfully meant only to help the person that it's being given to. Had you maybe offered some constructive criticism, then that would be a different story. However, what you did was not criticism. It was flaming, period. Please learn the difference before you come in here accusing us of things you, judging from your posts, don't even know how to do.

7. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry gang, I was meaning to jump in here at some point yesterday but got side tracked on another issue..

8. finster_the_hutt

finster_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2003
    Back to the main topic of discussion;
    Do you smoke?
    Yes I do...
    Bad habit?
    Yes it is...
    Waste of money?
    Very much so...
    Becoming far too publicly shunned?
    Disgustingly !
    I can understand that smoking indoors in a small, crowded public area isn't fair to non-smokers and quite frankly, I agree with it. Actually, I don't even smoke in my own apartment, but that's for my collections' sake.
    But I had an experience over the weekend that made me almost wanna go Bin Laden on who ever or whatever group decided that there should be no smoking within the OUTDOOR area of the Vancouver Aquarium. I had to leave the park to have a cigarette. That's just plain mean. I can accept no smoking in restaurants, malls and inclosed working environments. But having NO WHERE for the minority of smokers to smoke in a facility that has outdoor areas is no where near acceptable. Is there wildlife within the park? Yes, but does the wildlife run free in the eating area? Does the wildlife occupy any open outdoor area? Not unless they're crows or squirels (sp?) that come from outside the park. If independently owned bars can put the money out for an indoor smoking area within their buildings, then surely a government owned facility can have a small, off-to-the-side smoking area that is within the park that is away from the common eating areas and places that park wildlife may be close by. Someone that smokes should not have to leave a public, supposedly non-discriminating, pay-to-get-in facility!
    I'm not sure how the smoking by-laws are in Eastern Canada, but out on the West Coast they're getting pretty out rageous. Not smoking in public places that don't charge your to get in (ie. restaurants, malls) is by all means acceptable, not smoking indoors anywhere is almost accpetable; not being able to smoke outdoors, is not.

9. kesselrun_in6

May 25, 2003
    for 1 thing, i never said popularity was teh key to life. at the same time, if these message boards were as popular as star wars is as a whole, then there would be so much more to talk too, not to mention more people in your area. just look at that whole thing in the uk, 500,000 ppl put there religion as jedi. and so there are 500,000 hardcore fans in the uk who are not of another religion, just think of all teh christians, muslims, jews, hindus etc, who are star wars fans but couldn't put jedi cause of their own religion. thats at least like 1,000,000 more. and thats just in teh uk. if there is approx. 1,500,000 people in a fairly medium populated country just think how many star wars fans there are in a world of over 6 billion people. and wow there is 90,000 users. My point exactly 90,000 is insignifcant compared to what it could be.

and no comment about your arguments against my "cristicsm," its personal preference how much offence one is going to take. i link cristicsm with the unpopularity of these boards (compared to what they could be) simply by the fact that ppl on this boards lack of being able to take critism prevents teh board from becoming a place where u can talk about star wars or general information for that matter.its more like a psychology board. its like some sort of message board utopia. think only happy thoughts cause big brother aka board monitors are watching u. wow. what happened to freedom of speech again?

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    " think only happy thoughts cause big brother aka board monitors are watching u. wow. what happened to freedom of speech again? "

As far as I am concerned you folks are free to talk about whatever you like as long as you do it in a civilized fashion and also
    take into consideration that there are alot of minors on these boards.

The folks out here are a great group that know each other very well. They are also one of the most socially active groups in the FanForce world and as far as me being a big brother kesselrun_in6, I may be an old fart but if you look at some of my posts you will also see that I participate in alot of threads and forums all over the place. I dont just come in and throw my weight around...

.... and yes I am watching most of the time :)

11. kesselrun_in6

May 25, 2003
    well what can i say, that is your job. i have alot of respect for anyone who is helping out in the star wars community. and if somehow u get paid for that, i want ur job. as well, i didn't know there were many minors on here. i thought most of these ppl were alot older than myself (18)... anyway thanks for the heads up and May the Force Be With You.

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I wish I got paid :) I live in Burlington if
    you ever feel like coming by please let me know :)

to get back on topic I do not smoke and
    I do have very mild asthma .

13. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    think only happy thoughts cause big brother aka board monitors are watching u.

In many places, yes. here, no.

14. kesselrun_in6

May 25, 2003
    Crazy Mike, ya i live in Guelph, not too far from Burlington... perhaps i'll c u at upcoming fanforce meetings in the GTA. I haven't come out to any in teh past but may be interested in doing so if theres something cool going on. please let me know whenever this may be the case.

-Spencer

ps. anyone around the GTA still play SWCCG???

15. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Speaking of cristicism...I was lurking in Comms(as I usually do to see what drama they've stirred up lately) and somebody was saying we shouldn't bash celebrities and public figures...(example Bush or Hayden Christensen.)

And some people are getting offended about that. You wouldn't believe what people get offended about on these boards. It's almost mind blowing!

Britney Spears sucks! Now ban me Mike, I hurt Britney's feelings.

16. kesselrun_in6

May 25, 2003
    haha Emperor Bush and his empire sucks too.

17. Sar-Tamber-lac

May 24, 2002
    [sarcasm] Wow...I didn't know we were unpopular! I figured with as many non-Atlantic Canadians and Americans we have posting in this forum, that we were doing pretty good! [/sarcasm]

Now that my bout of sarcasm is over, I am trying to be polite, kesselrun. You can't just come out here and tell us how to do everything, when so far we must be doing all right, considering we're one of the most active groups in Canada. If you have another problem, like you did with Chris, please just PM the person, instead of posting it. Thank you. Now, let's see if we can get started again, on the right foot.

Hello, kesselrun. My name is Tammy. How are you doing? Glad to see you visit us. :)

18. kesselrun_in6

May 25, 2003
    Hey whats up. Yup thats me telling people what to do. wait a minute.... i never did that. i thought we were all just starting to get along. so i guess you guys have finally gotten teh star wars movies out there in themaritimes...joking..hah

19. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    I tried to turn the direction of this conversation.

That's it! You two are getting a paddlin'!

20. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    Flashs back to the scene from "Dazed and confused" . . .

21. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    Never saw it.

22. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    EDIT: We don't need to hear about your drug habits

And just to add my 2 cents to a conversation from 3 days ago, I don't really miss AT60. I knew him looooong before the rest of you guys, and he wasn't the saint he pretended to be a lot of the time.

23. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    You should watch the news. That's what they've been talking about.

I could say some things about Chris that I didn't particulary like about him...but Tammy and Brian are friends with him so I'll keep my mouth shut. But that last thread he created was just plain trolling! That's all I have to say...

//runs

24. wild_karrde

wild_karrde Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 8, 1999
    You should watch the news. That's what they've been talking about.

Maybe after South Park :D

25. DarthBabe

Mar 18, 2002
    It's pretty sad when South Park is more important than daily events.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.