main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

do you sometimes ever think that you were born in the wrong era and universe?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by violent-poetry, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. violent-poetry

violent-poetry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2010
    do sometimes ever think so. i do, i feel like i should have been to travel among the star and engage in some swashbuckling and reluctant heroics, maybe with a light saber who knows. i think that i was truly born before my time.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Well, it would indeed be interesting to be around in the future. However, with the way things are going in the present day, the future might be extremely messed up. We were supposed to have flying cars in the 21st Century for example. But we don't have anything like that, and probably won't for a long time, if ever. So, it would be nice to speculate that the future would be an era where we could do all kinds of things that would be impossible now, but it may never come true.

3. violent-poetry

May 19, 2010
    i remember when first watched terminator and the future seemed to be oh so far away, back to the future too. i must say i am a little disappointed about that. and yes the future is bound to be pretty messed up, i shudder to think what the next 20 years will be like.

4. Slowburn

Slowburn Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 22, 2010
    Oh, I truly know how you feel. I've fantasized since I was a kid about being able to live in the "Star Wars" galaxy or something like it. It's just less depressing than the world before us.

5. violent-poetry

May 19, 2010
    i know real life is so blah. that is why i do not understand people who watch movies that are not ficticious at all. why wouldn't anyone want to immerse themselves in universes far removed from this one.

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    That really comes down to movie preferences, but I do agree that not trying to use your imagination and think of new worlds is a real travesty.

7. violent-poetry

May 19, 2010
    i know right, if i wanted reality i would turn on the news or walk outside my door. no thank you!

8. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    I think I belong in the time I am in. I imagine what things would be like in the future. Where my children will grow up. And I would rather have grown up when I did then any other time. If I grew up anywhere else then I would be a different person then I am now. I would be like my younger siblings. Good grief I am glad I was born in the early 90s.

I think if enough people were to work together to change the future then we wouldn't be heading the way we are going. And right now it looks like down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.