Do you support a US led war on Iraq without UN approval?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by The Gatherer, Feb 7, 2003.

?

Do you support a US led war on Iraq without UN approval?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Yes 103 vote(s) 53.4%
No 90 vote(s) 46.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12 NE RSA & Buffalo, NY CR

Manager
    star 9
    It seems like Bush is trying to follow Dady and pick pick a fight with the bully not completely knowing what he is in for.
  2. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Hey remember Bin Laden didn't ask the U.N. for premission to attack the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

And Sadam Husein didn't get U.N premission when he invaded Kuwait or when he gased his own people.(I didn't spell his name right but who cares!)

The US is not going to wait around for Sadam to get his hands on some nukes. You can see the damage some guys with box cutters can do. What do you think will happen if those guys gets a nuke?

The UN was not protecting nobody from terrorist or dictators before 9-11 so I don't think they'er going to do anything right now.

President Bush and Tony Blair too seem too be the only guys with enough courage to stand up and tell it like it is. There are bad guys out there that want to KILL us. And we should not sit back and let them hit first.
  3. KaineDamo Jedi Youngling

star 5
    No, of course not. If the US go into Iraq without the support of the UN, worldwide anti-american sentiment will increase to even bigger levels, and terrorism against America will increase also.
  4. Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I support the war on Iraq, I would prefer UN approval, but I will deal without it. I just don't like the thought of making MORE enemies. (The UN because we did something "they didn't like")
  5. DarthKarde Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I oppose the war even with UN approval.
  6. Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It seems that anti-american sentiment is going to increase anyway no matter what we do or don't do.
  7. Ryno Jedi Master

star 4
    The fact of the matter is that Iraq is a threat to aid terrorists and to attack it's neighbors. It has shown that it has a thirst for weapons of mass destruction and a willingness to use them, even on it's own people.

The events of September 11th have shown our country that we can no longer react to the actions of those who would do us harm. We need to strike those who are plotting against us before they have the chance to carry out their plans.

The United States should act with the support of the U.N. when possible but must act without the approval of other nations when necessary.
  8. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    No, I do not support the US going into Irag w/o UN approproval or participation. The United States is not the police of the world. We can't just go into other countries and force change. That's not right. :mad:

I'm not a fan of Saddam in the least, and I do think of him as a great threat. However, a lone US/Britain attack is not the way to get this done. :mad:

As much as Bush would probably argue, this has as much to do with oil as it does terrorism, and the fact that Saddam wanted his father dead makes him all the more anxious to go after man. He's hell bent on war. [face_plain]

At least my conscience is clear though and I'm not kicking myself for getting this president elected, as he certainly didn't get my vote. [face_plain]
  9. Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm going to say Yes, but my reasons are private.
  10. DarthBurns Force Ghost

star 4
    Yes, although I would rather have a UN resolution beforehand.

It makes me uneasy that Saddam has weapons of mass destruction, and with his human rights record there are no guarantees that he won't use them.

11. ForbiddenLove Jedi Master

star 4
    No I don't support the war regardless of the U.N. approval or not.
  12. Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I oppose a war, even with UN approval, until there is proof that Saddam is developing WMD with an intent to use them against peaceful nations.
  13. Gazer Jedi Padawan

YES

The UN is a disgrace. If it is a group of nations chartered with the sole intent of preventing war, why has it failed to recognize the fact that Iraq has in its possession chemical and biological weapons? The United States is not the police of the world, but it is obvious that we are the only nation capable of being just that.
  14. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not anti american, but i see that bush is all into war with other interests other than what he claims.

And i say "yes" only with UN aproval, because for UN to aprove there must be confirmation that what USA claims is true. And only with that confirmation do i agree.

I also don't like Saddam. But, for now, i only see USA wanting to "create" war. Why not attack Korea? They are not even hidding the fact they have and are developing weapons of mass destruction. Aren't they a danger?

As i said, i'm not anti-american neither iraq-favor but i see the interest of Bush with other reasons(economical ones) being the ones he claims not the first ones in his mind.

And with that, i do not agree.

-- Edit: ----
    I would also like to complain about calling names to other races/cultures as made in earlier posts, toward the french and germans for example.
    I'm neither french or german, but i don't think that is the way to post in here. Neither do i apreciate it. We are a multi nation comunity and a certain kind of respect should be in order. Even if we don't like a certain person/comunity/race/culture.
  15. Stridarious Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I actually would have to say no...but then agian we may be forced to...
  16. JacenHornSolo Jedi Knight

star 3
  17. Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yes, Saddam needs to be taken out, with or without UN approval.
  18. ISD_Devastator Force Ghost

star 4
    If you want to get rid of Saddam, why don't you send a bunch of snipers into Iraq, instead of bombing the whole country to rubble?
    And I don't still understand, how Iraq is a threat to US: their missiles won't reach that far. Threat to its neighours & own people: yes.
    I'm anti-Bush & anti-world police.
    Have a nice day :)
  19. Amidala Starkiller Force Ghost

star 6
    BobaChris12 wrote:

It seems like Bush is trying to follow Daddy and pick a fight with the bully not completely knowing what he is in for.

Yeah but Jr. is being smarter by having war closer to the next election. [face_plain]
  20. Jansons_Loving_Twin Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah but Jr. is being smarter by having war closer to the next election.

Yeah, by a whopping 2 months.

Listen this is not some trick to get reelected. Judging by the rest of the country's/world's response, I'd say this hurts his chances of reelection, yet he's doing it anyway.
  21. WhiteHorse Force Ghost

star 4
    that just proves the point i've stated:
    "i see that bush is all into war with other interests other than what he claims. "
    i.e. (political) (economical)

EUA NEEDS the war. (just look at the dolar value, and the oil value) That's why they want it so badly. Mainly by Personal interest. And I am completly against that.
    Altought my country has agreeded to help America, i also don't agree with that (as i see it as being personal interest/agreements). [face_plain]
  22. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I don't give a damn about who has weapons of mass destruction. In my view, it's bad for any country to have them.
  23. ISD_Devastator Force Ghost

star 4
    Look at Israel, they also wipe their bottoms with UN resolutions, just like Iraq. Israel has Nukes, but no one is inspecting them. How can it be?
    The Israeli armed forces are killing (more or less) innocent palestinians. Still, no war against Israel. Oh, I forgot, Israel is the friend of USA. Sorry. Rules aren't same for everybody.
  24. Jansons_Loving_Twin Jedi Knight

star 1
    The Israeli armed forces are killing (more or less) innocent palestinians.

And Palestinians are killing innocent Israelis in cowardly suicide bombings.

Why is no one demonizing them like they did the Taliban? The rules aren't the same for everybody.
  25. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Yes. If some UN members are too blind to see what's happening (France,Germany), then the US can handle it alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.