main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you take breaks from Star wars one in a while.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by KING_KENOBI, Feb 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KING_KENOBI

KING_KENOBI Jedi Master star 2

Oct 19, 2004
    As in the title,and if you do..how often and long,do you get sick of it sometimes and. whats the longest period of time you have been on break.

as a kid that was impossible for me OT,PT all the same to me,but as an adult it has happened to me,actually rather long a few times like a few years some times if Im in a serious relationship or swamped at work.
    In the military everybody knew star wars,we didnt see it as often but totally quoted it all the time walking around the sandbox,I think it aided unit cohesion in its way :)

The one time I can honestly say I got a little sick of SW,was last year with all the hype for the new movie,and I realize it did bias me a little towards TFA at first..but its totally growing on me now..

How about you .

Sith-I-5 and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  2. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    *looks at post count*
    ...No, I can't say that I have ever taken a break. :p

Sith-I-5 and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  3. ChefCurryWindu

ChefCurryWindu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    No, since viewing TFA back in December last year, it's given me a passion for Star Wars that I never had before in my life! I haven't taken a break since viewing TFA and view the JCF at least once a day, and I don't know how long this phase will last, but in conclusion, it's made me a big passionate fan of Star Wars now.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  4. KnightOfRen

KnightOfRen Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I think it's good to take a break every once in awhile.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I have never been sick of Star Wars, though maybe I have ignored some aspects.

I angrily boycotted Star Wars novels for a long while after I heard what author R.A. Salvatore had done to Chewbacca, so there is a gap of several books in my previously encyclopaedic SW knowledge.

I was very impressed with the computer animation that the Starship Troopers franchise utilised for its childrens' television series, and expected us to be as good, and felt utterly betrayed when LucasArts opted to use the people who did Samurai Jack to do the Clone Wars cartoon, and have practically ignored everything there, even when fans tell me the second series was an improvement on the first - couldn't give a ****.

Prior to TFA, while the Empire Strikes Back has maintained a constant presence as my favourite, or top three, film of all time, my frontline fandom had switched from SW to Torchwood, and I recall being amused when I discovered friends had been sending me emails about BB-8, and I had ignored them thinking that I didn't care about the eighth series of Big Brother; that was how little interest I had in the production and hype of the new film.

But then, saying that, I had been roleplaying SW on these Boards all the while that my frontline interest had switched to other things.

Gosh, that was cathartic.

6. Jedimaster_Darklight

Jedimaster_Darklight Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 22, 2005
    Most of my interests have a certain timespan, during which I'm very focused on the particular interest.
    Eventually my focus will change to something else, but it's rarely because I get sick of my interest - it's really just a matter of what I want to do.

Star Wars is a prime example. I've loved the franchise since I was a child, but these days I can go months without thinking about it at all. Then I suddenly stumble upon something that relights my passion for the series and I'm back at full strength. It can be anything, really... a new game, a LEGO set, a book.

7. JawaDog

JawaDog Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 2, 2016
    I was a huge Star Wars fan in the 80's and early 90's when I was a kid, it fell off in college, got renewed but not fully engaged when the prequels cam out, fell off again until TFA was announced and I've been fully engaged ever since. This movie has brought a ton of people back in to the fold. It's really cool.

8. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    I've never really taken a break from SW. I've always loved it since I saw the OT and have never looked back. I will say this, when I'm busy-it's hard to keep up with all of the SW news and shows on TV or even come onto these boards to chat. So there's a few days every now and then that I don't watch,read, or talk about SW:_|

9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes I do

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  10. ReyPrescott

ReyPrescott Jedi Master star 3

Oct 3, 2015
    [face_laugh] I seen the title "one" and was slightly confused.

My interest in SW was renewed when TFA started getting trailer's and stuff (even more with Rogue one's announcement. And i joined the board's in October because of it. I haven't gotten bored yet. Actually, i'm more interested than ever. Normally when i take a break from a big franchise i end up forgetting about it for a while.

11. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Looking at my post count and my Jedi Ghost status, I did get caught up in real life for awhile and fell away from the boards and SW in general. I never stopped being a fan, I just had a lot going on. I best describe it as losing touch with an old friend. I semi boycotted the new movie when it was first announced because Disney, but I went on a whim and actually didn't hate it. The more I watch it, the more I actually like it.

I described it before as being like when you reconnect with an old friend, at first thing are a bit awkward, but pretty soon it's like no time happened and you are old best friends again.

Actually right now, it's a great coping agent.

I didn't realize how much I missed my old friend.

BB-8 My Homework likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.