main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think Anakin would have executed the same Judgement on the Sandpeople...

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Circle_Is_Complete, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    ...had his mother still lived? i was curious on everyones opinions

2. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I would say no because the real reason he slaughtered the Sand People was because he was driven into a blind rage when his mother died. I think that if she had survived Anakin would have been more interested in getting his mother to safety, rather than killing the Sand People.

3. jedimasterinu

jedimasterinu Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 29, 2005
    if I were Anakin, I would have killed not only that group of Sand People, but I would have hunted down every last one! Of course then there would be none in the OT...but still! You take my momma captive, tie her up, beat her, I am going to kill you!

Of course, thats why im not a Jedi....

4. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Perfectly stated. I agree.

5. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    My real reason for asking was I was wondering if it was the moment that drove him to blind rage because you could see it in his eyes. I just wondered if this was rage he had all along and was going to come out anyway. He seemed top be headed that way the second Cleeg told him the news. I know this is sort of arguing the chicken and the egg but maybe he would have spared the women and children. My point is you see bits of rage before this occurance.

6. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Well the rage in Anakin has been fueled by Palptine slowly, but surely over time. Palpatine incited Anakin's hate, as well as his ego...and in turn it fueled his fire for more power. That said, you were right in saying the rage was always there. It would have come out eventually. If his mother hadn't died, he would have gone along with the light side of the force. It was inevitable that he would eventually release his rage, but I don't think he would have in this senario, because his first instinct would have gotten his mother out of danger. He was furious with the Sand People, but the good in Anakin would have allowed him to let it go. His mother was in safety and he would have time to reflect, as opposed to making a knee-jerk reaction, which is what he ended up doing in AOTC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.