main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think animated movies of EU novels a re a good idea

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Yuuzhanvong1000, Feb 26, 2003.

?

Do you think animated movies of EU novels a re a good idea

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. Sounds good

56.0%
  2. Maybe..

15.5%
  3. Probably not

8.3%
  4. I'd rather have my intestines eaten by Ewoks

20.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthStinkyBritches

DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    X-Wing series would be good, but it would be horrible if it followed the books. I used to be into expanded universe big time then the cheeziness just overwhelmed me. Luke just became too hammy of a character without a sense of humor. Leia was just a bitch all the time, and instead of Han being cocky he was unsure of hisself most of the time.

Not only that, but GL has pretty much wiped out the EU with the prequels. Jaster Mereel... crap. Davin Felth is crap as all Storm Troopers are clones. I don't care what you say to the contrary, GL says they're all clones. Luuke? come on. Zahn's use of clone tech is way way off from AOTC. The way Luke trains his Jedi is stupid. At the beginning of the Jedi Academy, Luke was training old dudes and teens to become Jedi. That goes against the whole Jedi code that GL gave us in the prequels.

If there are animated movies set in the SW universe I want them to follow the story lines that the MOVIES have put into motion. Not the current post ROTJ crappola.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Not only that, but GL has pretty much wiped out the EU with the prequels. Jaster Mereel... crap.<<

It was never said Boba was born as Jaster, just that he once went by that name. Recently it was further elaborated on that he took the name from Jango's mentor.

>>Davin Felth is crap as all Storm Troopers are clones. I don't care what you say to the contrary, GL says they're all clones.<<

Nothing in the movies says there aren't recruits in addition to the clones. With stormtroopers having different voices, it could easily be argued for recruits. Not to mention Davin Felth could easily be a clone and just not know it.

Besides, Lucas also said the darkside is stronger, despite evidence to the contrary in the films existing for 25 years- so you can't really take everything he says as a stone cold fact.

>>The way Luke trains his Jedi is stupid. At the beginning of the Jedi Academy, Luke was training old dudes and teens to become Jedi. That goes against the whole Jedi code that GL gave us in the prequels.<<

Luke didn't have much of a choice- he couldn't exacly be picky, and without an established order, he couldn't just be baby-snatching like the PT-era Jedi anyways. besides, Yoda had to train Luke when Luke was in his 20's, so obviously it was ok under certain circumstances.

Also, if you think about it, Luke's method of training is very much like what we are shown in the PT: he starts training them in groups, much like Yoda did to the Younglings in AOTC, then later on eventually started pairing off them off in master/apprentice relationships just like we're shown in the PT.

3. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Let's not start an EU/canon war here. :)

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Just clarifying [face_batting]

5. DarthStinkyBritches

DarthStinkyBritches Jedi Master star 2

Jun 19, 2001
    What you say is true....from a certain point of view, but not mine :)

6. Yuuzhanvong1000

Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    I don't want a continutity wart either, but on the topic of Clones I think Palps put all of them on the DS and recruits on the Planets and when Luke took down the DS the Emperor couldn't wait 10 years so he went 100% recruiting with the occasional clone mixed in.

7. MikeSolo

MikeSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    If you do the Xwing series I wouldn't wanna see that animated. Live actors n actresses would be better only bad part is finding someone to play Wedge. But if you could use live actors it would be awesome.

8. Darth Jamus

Darth Jamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Forget animating the silly EU, I would rather see Darth Holiday's hilariously craptacular spoofs of the EU adapted to the world of animation. Anyone remember the Solo Babies, Palpatine and Mara Jada (who talks like Harley Quin), Trioculus, Sith Weekly, Mace "MF" Windu and the rest. That would be awesome!

9. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    I'd have to give this a "Yes" or at least in comic book form. Dark Horse did an excellent job with the Thrawn Trilogy.

10. DarthStothe

DarthStothe Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2002
    As long as they change the part about killing off Chewie, it sounds good to me.

11. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I voted Sounds good :D
    I'm one of those strange Star Wars Fans who's pleased with just about anything Star Wars :D

Anyway, The NJO series or The Thrawn trilogy would be Great for a SW cartoon series :cool: :D
    I'd definitely want them to be much longer than the upcoming Clone Wars shorts ;)

Another SW story perfect for maybe an hour & 1/2 animated film would be Shadows of the Empire ;)

12. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I think thats an awesome idea, I have thought about it before. One thing I will say though is that if they did go about doing something like that they better do it well. First off the animation style, the NJO CAN NOT be done like the clone wars series is. I think it should be done in anime style or traditional, not this funky animation of the clonewars. Secondly I think that if it aired on cartoon network like the clone wars is, it should be on the Adult Swim section. If you have read the books you know that they are fairly violent, so to stick true to the books details it would have to at least recieve a PG-13 rating, maybe even R probably not though. But all in all I really want to see the NJO in some animated format Television or the more likely one comics.

Forcebewitya!

13. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I think it would be a good idea to do the NJO. It could be done in anime and shown on the Sci-fi channel or released through starwars.com kinda like the animatrix. This way thay could show all the violence the NJO contains. I would also like to see Shadows of the Empire made.

14. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Well, I voted no but if I had to choose a series to see done that way the NJO would be dead last :p

If an animated movie was ever made I would have to vote for the Dark Empire trilogy. I didn't really think it was that great but I think the way it parallels the other trilogies would make it the best choice.

15. ratmankey

ratmankey Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I find it amusing that most of the people who hate the EU haven't even read any of it...or judge the whole lot by Vector Prime or Dark Empire. I've read an unhealthy amount of the stuff, and while some of it is godawful, a lot is VERY good. Especially the NJO, even if it doesn't totally "feel" like Star Wars...it's still written brilliantly, and is the only EU to date to actually let the characters EVOLVE, and not just stagnate like they never aged past the films.

That said, I'd love to see The Thrawn Trilogy, SOTE, and the NJO adapted to animation.

16. DexVader_22

DexVader_22 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2003
    i definitely think it would clutter up the star wars saga to an extent where no one would know whats going on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.