main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Do you think any of the Knights of Ren will have lightsabers (excluding Kylo)?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Andrew Macdonald, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Macdonald

Andrew Macdonald Jedi Youngling

Jan 30, 2016
    According to Wookiepedia the Knights of Ren "was a dark side organization", this shows that Kylo Ren is not the only one in the group trained in the ways of the dark side or just the force in general. As we all know, most people trained in the force carry a lightsaber (with a very small amount of exceptions). Do you think any of the Knights of Ren (excluding Kylo) will have a lightsaber? I personally would like to see the Knight of Ren with Mandalorian armor (AKA Boba Fett's armor) carrying an EE-3 Carbine Rifle (Boba's blaster from episodes 5-6) but with a lightsaber bayonette at the end of it. How cool would that be?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Even if they are "a dark side organization" that doesn't necessarily mean any of them are Force sensitive. Mundanes can be just as dark and evil as anyone else.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    No, but I wish they had. That scene of them in the rain would have looked even cooler dude.

Dak Oolron, Zikri, Ullianos and 2 others like this.
  5. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Probably no.

6. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I think the Knights could be the opposite of what Lor San Tekka's group was.

However, I would not be shocked if one or more of them were actually force sensitive and used sabers. Del Toro's character, perhaps?

But either way, it doesn't matter. I just want them to be awesome.

7. BladenSoul3003

BladenSoul3003 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2016
    They have lightsaber, along with other weapons.

[​IMG]

whostheBossk, Jaxxon-, Zikri and 2 others like this.
  8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    My guess is that Del Toro's character will be something similar to Jango's role in the PT. Just the one film (Ep8) and be dispatched by the end of the film.

Zikri likes this.
  9. Andrew Macdonald

Jan 30, 2016
    To be fair that is concept art, but it does suggest something.

Thorin Oakenshield likes this.
  10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I'm really hoping they give us something new and original instead of lightsabers. Seven films in a row now.

Hopefully Luke and Rey will build something completely new and original. Maybe that's what Luke's been doing on the island?

They should give us all new weapons, every film, like when I go to the grocery store, I see a new cereal brand almost every week.

11. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Why completely new weapons? Lightsabers are cool and the trademark of Star Wars. I'm ok with some new weapons if they are cool too, but I want to see lightsabers as well. :)

12. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Although some people do not like the PT
    This is one of my favourite scenes of all star wars
    Would be great to see something similar again

[​IMG]

13. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I kind of like the idea of them all having individual weapons that suit their particular skill set/fighting style. It makes things a bit more, interesting. Plus as others have already said, it might be that, while they're a Dark Side-worshipping cult, Kylo is the only one of them who's actually FS. The others might just be really skilled/ruthless warriors.

Darth Smurf, that scene would have been even cooler if:

A. A lot of those extras clearly had no idea how to swing a saber convincingly (be it due to lack of proper fight training or bad direction or whatever, a lot of them just looked clumsy and awkward with them).

B. They had been fighting better opponents than mere battle droids.

afrojedi and Sarge like this.
  14. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015

A. 2nd level Jedis - definitely
    The guy in the middle is the best. Running directly into the fire of the battle droids holding his lightsabre above his head [face_rofl]

B. Exactly this I'm waiting for!

15. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    LOL
    The longer you watch that part of the GIF the funnier it gets [face_laugh]

Zikri and nightangel like this.
  16. Andrew Macdonald

Jan 30, 2016

I disagree, when I think of starwars I usually imagine a Jedi with a lightsaber, you can't get rid of one of the most iconic things in a franchise.

17. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Well we don't know that the KOR are even FS, let alone Jedi (which they obviously wouldn't be anyway).

18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    New and original, that's all that matters. What we need are weapons that have never been seen before. In any movie or on Earth.

19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    those aren't the finished knights. the ones in the film are and they all have weapons but no sabers. it's said that kylo builds his himself because there aren't any around and we see he is the only one who has one. at the end of the massacre all the knights have their weapons out and none of them are sabers.

[​IMG]

20. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    but what happened with the sabers of the students who were killed? or did they have no lightsabers as well? But in this case does the sentence of Han still makes sense 'Luke trained the next generation of Jedi'? [face_dunno]

21. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I don't even think the other KoR are still alive, so no, my guess is that they obviously won't have lightsabers . :)

Darth Smurf likes this.
  22. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    Snoke said 'you are the master of the KoR', he didn't say 'you were the master of the KoR'. :cool:

Dak Oolron, arjank, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  23. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    nightangel,
    No, he said "Even you, Master of the Knights of Ren, have never faced such a test." No past or present tense in his title.

No one wonders why they're not around when an existential crisis for the FO is happening?

24. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    It would have been cool if the guys from The Raid were members of Knights of Ren, all using unique weaponry. If not FS using lightsabers, exotic weaponry that had energy like TR8R that allowed combat against those armed with lightsabers.

All of that fighting ability in those guys and it wasn't really used.

25. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Calling Kylo "Master of the Knights of Ren," implies present-tense. And I don't think that they'd tease such a potentially cool/interesting concept such as this only to then go "well they were actually disposed off offscreen before the first film even began." That'd be such a waste.

Sarge, arjank, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.