main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Do you think Darth Maul would be always faithful to Sidious?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarkStarkiller, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't know that Maul had the intellect or ambition to betray Sidious, but right from the end of TPM, its pretty clear that Sidious was eyeing Anakin as a possible apprentice. I would have liked to see the dynamics of the relationship between Vader and Maul.

2. Process

Process Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2008
    It's how it's always done with the Sith.

The apprentice is raised by the Master. He is taught everything the Master knows, and finds out more for himself. The apprentice is happy with what he knows, but only for a small period of time. As his power grows, he wishes to overthrow his Master and take everything for himself.

I don't think the case with Maul and Sidious would have been any different if Maul had survived. But there is a slight possibility that Sidious, having experience in the matter would at least see it coming, and try to defend itself. The truth of the matter is, though, that Maul was the stronger Sith of the two, and would have won eventually.

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I don't think so. Remember Sidious kill three of the Order's best swordsmen with breaking a sweat or trying that hard, really.

4. xx_Anakin_xx

xx_Anakin_xx Jedi Master star 4

Jan 9, 2008
    I would say that eventually, Maul would kill Sidious. That is the way of the Sith. Maul was younger and when their power was equal, Maul would catch Sidious at a vulnerable moment and strike. But that would be after years and years.

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Agreed.

6. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    What I wouldn't pay to see Darth Sidious fighting Grievous! He'd probably cackle a bit, pull off his limbs with the Force, fling him around the room, then zap his innards with a healthy burst of Sith lightning. Nasty guy.

7. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Would he have been faitful to Sidious? Absolutely not. It's just the way of the Sith. One to embody the power, one to crave it. Granted that is from the EU, but it greatly sums up the nature of the Sith. He would have TRIED to kill Sidious, but would have failed miserably. I don't think Sidious would have had any trouble taking care of Maul.

8. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    I would say that at the time of the TPM movie this would be true. But I think we are only looking at what he was now, verses how he was going to be. Maul was only in his twenties, but Palpatine was at least in his fifties. Maul had just got done his training, he still needed to gain the experiance and knowledge that Sidious has. Until then, Sidious would mop the floor with his own Apprentice.

Up to a certain point of an Apprentice's life, the Master has the power, strength, knowlege, whatever to kill him/her. A Master would not obviously attack an Apprentice while they were still a baby, for this reason. It would be pointless and a waste. The Sith are bloodthirsty, but they still would not do this, because it wold be too obvious of who would win. I say the obvious, because many folks would say,"Oh Sidious would kill Maul easily!" This is true, but it is because Maul is still at that point where Sidious is much more stronger. But that wouldn't be true forever. Sidious will eventually grow old, as you can see in Episode 6, he uses a cane by then. He is old, frail and possibly even starting to grow senile. Force users aren't immune to aging and disability. If Maul was still alive by then, he would probably be at his peak, and take out Sidious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.