main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Do you think Disney should make an animated show during the period between ROTJ and TFA?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Fruit Pastilles, Dec 30, 2014.

1. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Whats that?

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    The HS is commonly seen as so bad few even acknowledge it exists. I would say it's doubtful it's a money spinner.

3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  4. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014

I think he was joking when he said "What's that?"

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

you never know I have meet at least one person on this site who did not know.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Yeah, I considered that but I strive to help when I can. But thanks for the consideration. :)

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I wonder if they did eventually release it, whether it would sell much. I mean, fans will buy anything. :)

8. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Given that George Lucas has reportedly expressed a wish that he could hunt down and destroy every copy, that's likely to remain an academic question.

I mean, it's not up to him anymore, but still.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Kill them all.

10. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Question is, will Disney create a series post-ST or build towards a Final Trilogy (which Lucas planned to set 1,000+ years in the future)

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But of Course they don't care about what Lucas wrote.

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Why should they? Disney own the friggin' franchise.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  13. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    And miss out on the chance to mine the marketing, and merchandising possibilities between six and seven.

14. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    No ive never seen it. Seems i was made during the OT time.

Disney may do their christmas show with Star Wars characters. Who knows. They have to hurry up and release their 3 movie set, so they can cash in. If Disney can have all 3 movies done by 2018, they can have their very own blu ray set to rival the nice one Fox made a couple years ago. Hopefully it will out sell that set and then Disney can make a show based on all their new characters.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yes it was and it was horrible.

16. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Id have to see it for myself to know, a lot of people lied about the PT and TCW being horrible because Anakin wasnt some hulked out warrior, so id have to see this show for myself, it doesnt sound interesting from the link someone posted.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Watch at your own risk.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Yeah, but The Holiday Special is horrible for real. It is not opinion, it is fact.
    But don't take my word for it - look at this clip:

Now do you see?
    And this isn't even the worst part of it.

19. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I know I shouldn't, but I have the urge to click play..... Must.... Resist...... Urge... Look a bird! ::clicks away::

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The video stopped working part way through the first viewing. Bad sign am I right?

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Its so bad that you can't find the hole thing legally.

22. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Does anyone here own Star Wars action figures? Are they making new ones for the 3rd era?

23. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    After Rebels have been milked out after a third or fourth season, and the ST is no longer unknown territory - Disney and Lucasfilm will probably be looking at new eras to develop stories on the screen.

One of the most fascinating and unexplored eras will undoubtedly be the time between ROTJ and TFA, a period spanning over 30 years. I could see upcoming Anthology films exploring this era more, but films could only do so much. What we need is a TV show that could span over multiple seasons and cover several years of events leading up to TFA. And why not continue the success with TCW and Rebels and make it animated?

Some of you might say that they would rather see a live action TV series, but that would leave you with limited options. A live-action TV series would never look as good as the saga and anthology films due to budgetary concerns, plus you'd either have to recast the Big Three or focus on different characters. With an animated TV show however, you are not bound to those restrictions. You could have beautifully animated versions of Luke/Han/Leia and still include new characters. And even if you only choose to include the big 3 in cameos, those cameos would still look amazing and not "Uh, that actor doesnt look like Luke at all".

Here are some of my name suggestions for the show:

New Republic
    Remnants
    Horizons
    Resistance

Of course, since 30 years is a long time, perhaps we could see multiple TV shows under different names focusing on different factions and characters.

So, what do you think?

24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Merged new thread on the same topic with this one.

Jonipoon

Before posting a new thread make sure that a pre-existing one on the same topic does not exist first.

25. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    That's strange. I searched for this before posting my thread but didn't find anything.

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up.